Yarne/Nah is typically a sacrifice for 6:3, which is just sorta gonna happen if you wind up running 6:3.

So seeing that arrangement is pretty common.

7:2 is something else, and does have a threat of hitting deployment issues (which makes it arguably not better than 6:3).

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea behind Yarne x Nah is that you'd bench both of them and use the extra room for more Staffbots, as well as having an extra double Galepair.

Edit- Argh, a ninja. I'm not super fond of just benching one pair because if I'm not playing with all the children for minmax reasons, I usually use a much smaller team (~4 combat pairs). 6 pairs is more than I need, but not enough to do just for the sake of minmaxing.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Yeah and i do want to bench Yarne and Nah, but i dont really need the extra staffbots, i just wanted other people like Cordelia and Sumia. And is Brady x Kjelle good even though she doesnt have Tomefaire?

Oh wait, i will have 3:3 ratio of physical:magical

Noire x Gerome

Severa x MU

Morgan x Inigo

Cynthia x Owain

Kjelle x Brady

Lucina x Laurent

EDIT: So i should just do Brady x Nah and Kjelle x Yarne?

Edited by Waifu Severa

Physical/magical ratios are just a rule of thumb, nothing bad will happen if you're too far to one side (unless you're all one or the other, though that can be fun sometimes). Donnel!Kjelle will work fine with Brady, she has both Dark Flier and Valkyrie to support with and can just run Deliverer/AT over a Faire.

Physical/magical ratios are just a rule of thumb, nothing bad will happen if you're too far to one side (unless you're all one or the other, though that can be fun sometimes). Donnel!Kjelle will work fine with Brady, she has both Dark Flier and Valkyrie to support with and can just run Deliverer/AT over a Faire.

Ik that, but idk if i want Nah x Yarne and just bench them both. Idk what to do, Brady x Nah or Brady x Kjelle.

Kjelle x Brady does sound fun and cool, but it will result to benching nah and yarne. Which choice would be the most optimized and better for the team?

Either one could be better depending on your playstyle. I've played with large teams and small teams before and neither one really outshines the other (well, small has much less prep time), they're just different experiences. Since you played with a full team on your last file, you might just want to bench them for variety's sake.

Either one could be better depending on your playstyle. I've played with large teams and small teams before and neither one really outshines the other (well, small has much less prep time), they're just different experiences. Since you played with a full team on your last file, you might just want to bench them for variety's sake.

Well it was only 6 pairs on my last file because i had MU marry tharja, thus making me bench nah and pair the 12 children. I really have started liking Nah all of a sudden, so maybe i should just go with Brady x Nah. I did bench Nah on my last playthrough after all, so maybe i can try her out.

And maybe i can just bench Kjelle x Yarne because i dont like both of them. If i dont bench them, i will only have 1-2 staffbots

Btw, i was planning on doing some different Apo runs, like all parents run or runs with tiki, nah, nowi, aversa, basilio, flavio, sayri, yenfay and stuff.

Edited by Waifu Severa

So... I just realized it's kinda possible to pull of the invincisorc on Morgan. I'm sure this has already occurred to somebody on this board (probably Czar_Yoshi) but I figured i'd mention it:

Chrom!Brady!Luck!morgan gets +9 luck

45 + 9 + Limit breaker (10) + Rallies (14) + Tonics (2) + Great Lord support (9) + Rightful King (10) = 99% miracle proc rate as a sorcerer using Nosferatu with vantage, vengance, miracle, rightful king and limit breaker. Surges would up it to 100%. Dropping vantage for AS+2 would also up it to 100%.

I'm sure there's some massive, gaping horrible flaw explaining why this is a horrible build, but I can't think of it this late at night. And I'm not sure I'd be able to think of it normally either.

Edited by Alastor15243

There are several things 100% Miracle + Nos is weak to: Longbows (not in S.Apo), Braves, Astra/Aether, Counter, being doubled, missing, tinking, Nos breaking, and getting stuck, but the main flaw is that it's offensive presence is pretty low (even with Vengeance) due to lacking a Brave. It may be hard to kill, but it can also have trouble killing stuff.

That said, they're pretty fun to play around with and if you want to make one I won't discourage it. Just keep in mind that there's something on every wave of S.Apo except 0 that can kill them with ease.

Whoa.

I just found a problem with one of my staples while poking skill sets.

Libra!Owain

Base Skill: 44

Tonic: +2

Dark Flier Pair Up: +3 [no +Skill]

Total: 49

Not 100% Vengeance?

That's a pretty funny problem.

Would've kicked me had I not spotted that.

Solution is pretty simple: Henry!Owain has 45 base skill.

...So it's off to Henry/Lissa and Libra/Nowi.

>_<;;

This run is simply going to change EVERYTHING from my last big Apoth file besides Robin/Lucina, Donnel/Sully and Gaius/Tharja and Owain/Cynthia isn't it?

I'm also kinda iffy on Inigo's skill set. [TF, Mag+2, Luna, Astra, Gale]

Not too sure of the Astra.

I'm -fairly- sure that Astra will be beneficial on most, if not all targets [it does edge out Luna by 2 on Nightmare Sniper and he's got Aegis+, so...] but.... don't know (And I think it might take forever to calculate every single SR enemy).

...Noire's similar, but she doesn't have any other choices.

(And Panne inheritance is bothering me... do I take a breaker? Or STR+2 Hrmmmmmm...) [Talk about "Making Interesting Choices"]

Edited by Airship Canon

Whoa.

I just found a problem with one of my staples while poking skill sets.

Libra!Owain

Base Skill: 44

Tonic: +2

Dark Flier Pair Up: +3 [no +Skill]

Total: 49

Not 100% Vengeance?

That's a pretty funny problem.

Would've kicked me had I not spotted that.

Solution is pretty simple: Henry!Owain has 45 base skill.

...So it's off to Henry/Lissa and Libra/Nowi.

>_<;;

What about limit breaker and rallies?

What about limit breaker and rallies?

Not using them.

Or Agg...

Or All+2...

Or Extra Legendaries even.

It's Vanilla Game only, and then a No Rally restriction on top of that.

I didn't notice that Libra!Owain doesn't have enough Skill to hit 50 on my last run because All+2.

Without that, he's sitting on 49 Skill.

Typically the Libra and Henry split has Libra->Owain and Henry->Elsewhere, since Libra is just better in most cases if you want Vengeance on Owain, but this case is different.

Stats to Thresholds > Major/Important Skills > More Stats > Extra Skills.

(And that is the REAL priority on the silly little Stats vs Skills question)

I want to do a lunatic run (final goal is to beat apo) where my characters can only use the promoted class of the class they had when I recruited them.(I can however give them skills of other classes) Im not sure about the parents and the pairings though. This is what i thought of parenting wise and would appriciate some advise:

Morgan F Grandmaster Parent:Not sure

Severa Hero Parent:Lon qu

Inigo Hero Parent:Stahl

Owain Would like SM but I read that class is really bad for apo so he will be an assassin Parent: Vaik? Not sure yet

Lucina Great Lord Parent: Sumia

Yarne Targuel Parent: Fredrick

Laurent Sage Parent: Ricken? Not sure yet

Cynthia Dark Flier Parent: Chrome

Brady Sage Parent: Henry

Kjelle General Parent: Donnel

Gerome Wyvern Lord Parent: Gregor

Nah Manakate Parent: Not Sure

Noire Sniper Parent:Gaius

Avatar M Grandmaster Asset/Flaw: Magic/Luck

Edited by XShadowforceX

Remember when i said i need Gerome to be an Assassin for Noire to reach 75 speed? Well, i just noticed that Gerome doesnt get Bow/Swordfaire, and he goes from 65 strength as Berserker and having Axefaire to No faire 55 Strength Assassin. So i will lose huge damage. Is losing that much damage worth getting 75 speed Sniper Noire?

Remember when i said i need Gerome to be an Assassin for Noire to reach 75 speed? Well, i just noticed that Gerome doesnt get Bow/Swordfaire, and he goes from 65 strength as Berserker and having Axefaire to No faire 55 Strength Assassin. So i will lose huge damage. Is losing that much damage worth getting 75 speed Sniper Noire?

75 Speed is only needed to Double 3 enemies in the entire game.

66 Speed is the main threshold you want to reach [Or 69- double Everything BUT those 3].

You typically can ORKO Anna with an opening 6 [she lacks Shields]

Nightmare Sniper's a bit narrower, but...

Gerome@Berserker

Limit, Axefaire, Str+2

Henry/Gregor/Vaike

65/66/67 Base STR after Limit

70/71/72 with the Faire

72/73/74 with STR+2

74/75/76 with Tonic

78/79/80 Rally Spectrum

82/83/84 Rally Strength

Brave Axe +5/15/0

100/101/102 Attack

vs. Nightmare Sniper

15x4: 60

16x4: 64

vs. Anna

21x4: 84

22x4: 88

Only takes like 20 damage from his lead to ORKO the 70 speeders.

75 Speed is only needed to Double 3 enemies in the entire game.

66 Speed is the main threshold you want to reach [Or 69- double Everything BUT those 3].

You typically can ORKO Anna with an opening 6 [she lacks Shields]

Nightmare Sniper's a bit narrower, but...

Gerome@Berserker

Limit, Axefaire, Str+2

Henry/Gregor/Vaike

65/66/67 Base STR after Limit

70/71/72 with the Faire

72/73/74 with STR+2

74/75/76 with Tonic

78/79/80 Rally Spectrum

82/83/84 Rally Strength

Brave Axe +5/15/0

100/101/102 Attack

vs. Nightmare Sniper

16x4: 64

vs. Anna

22x4: 88

Only takes like 20 damage from his lead to ORKO the 70 speeders.

Ok, i guess i can just leave Gerome as a zerker. Also, if Morgan is a Sniper/Hero, should Inigo stay Berserker or make him a Hero/Assassin for the skill bonus and maybe even 100%% DS?

And i still don't know if i should do Brady x Nah or Brady x Kjelle. It is a hard choice for me.

Edited by Waifu Severa

The problem with 'zerker Inigo is that while his damage is GREAT, he's lacking in Skill, which hurts him when/if you bring him to the front, and since he's a Galeboy, you're gonna want to do that.

He's not like Yarne or Gerome who don't do so hot up front.

It's a consideration.

A consideration that would require a lot of theorycrafting to really resolve.

Zerks do more damage at base, but Procs matter heavily up front.

The problem with 'zerker Inigo is that while his damage is GREAT, he's lacking in Skill, which hurts him when/if you bring him to the front, and since he's a Galeboy, you're gonna want to do that.

He's not like Yarne or Gerome who don't do so hot up front.

It's a consideration.

A consideration that would require a lot of theorycrafting to really resolve.

Zerks do more damage at base, but Procs matter heavily up front.

Soo does that mean i should make him an Assassin? Gives 7 speed, 7 skill, and 9 speed from pair up bonus and Assassins do have high Speed and Skill. Or i can make him a Hero, giving 8 speed and skill to Morgan while having decent strength, speed, and skill? That can probobly be a 100%DS pair if i make him one of those and make Morgan a Sniper/Hero.

To hit Sniper you need 235 hit. Zerker Gerome won't have that unless equipping Bowbreaker - Gregor exclusive. But Bowbreaker isn't as flexible as Hit+20 in regular runs - it doesn't matter in no-DLC runs because only Breakers reach the threshold.

Edited by MelonGx

I'm -fairly- sure that Astra will be beneficial on most, if not all targets [it does edge out Luna by 2 on Nightmare Sniper and he's got Aegis+, so...] but.... don't know (And I think it might take forever to calculate every single SR enemy).

Give me his Atk and Skl and I'll do the calculations.

I want to do a lunatic run (final goal is to beat apo) where my characters can only use the promoted class of the class they had when I recruited them.(I can however give them skills of other classes) Im not sure about the parents and the pairings though. This is what i thought of parenting wise and would appriciate some advise:

Advice: don't use everyone. Units like Yarne are going to reek in this run no matter who their parents are. Stick with a small few who come in legitimately good classes and focus on just them- I'd go Avatar x Sumia!Lucina, Cynthia x Henry!Brady and Morgan x Stahl!Inigo, and see if those four pairs can do it (Chrom and Sumia should be fighting too).

To hit Sniper you need 235 hit. Zerker Gerome won't have that unless equipping Bowbreaker - Gregor exclusive. But Bowbreaker isn't as flexible as Hit+20 in regular runs - it doesn't matter in no-DLC runs because only Breakers reach the threshold.

He doesn't have 100% DS anyway, so perfect hit isn't essential.

Wow...My Sniper Morgan x Assassin/Sniper Inigo only reaches 98%% DS. That sucks so badly, dang. If one of them has Skill+2 equipped, it will reach 99%, but they dont have enough room for that skill. If i did have All+2 i would replace both of their _faires for it and if i had rally heart, then they would have definitely reached 100%%, but i dont have those. 98% is as far as they can go.

And if i make Morgan a Hero instead, what should she have? Galeforce, AT, Hit+20, LB, Ignis, Luna, Axefaire. Out of those 7, which ones should she need? I was thinking AT would be good for Helswath.

Not sure if this is the right place to put it, since I already chose Severa's parent... but it's child-related.

So, I'm trying to have only one of each of class in my army, and I can't decide what Severa's class should be. Her father is Gregor.

With Gregor already being a Hero, I have no idea what to make Severa. What would be the next best class to make her?

I've been considering Swordmaster, but that would make her sword-locked.

EDIT: Is Gregor any good as an Assassin? I'm also thinking about making him an assassin, and Severa a hero.

Edited by Carter