Association Football 2016-17: Força Chapecoense.

Parrhesia

Wow, Bayern Munich had some of the sloppiest mistakes made by them ever. Almost pathetic control at the back, and completely unnecessary

Also, Suarez's second nutmeg was unreal. The legs were barely open and he still destroyed Luiz. That shit's career-ending humilation right there

Well, no wonder the worst players of yesterday's games were the brazilian CBs on that fatal 7x1 against Germany. Fucking Dante and Davirgin Luiz..... Also Thiago Silva is a goddamn crybaby.

Suarez is being a WINNER in this UCL

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Bayern Munich had some of the sloppiest mistakes made by them ever. Almost pathetic control at the back, and completely unnecessary

Also, Suarez's second nutmeg was unreal. The legs were barely open and he still destroyed Luiz. That shit's career-ending humilation right there

Because it discourages players from being technical, which can be better in many situations. Physical attiributes are good, but having technicality can be just as good if not better. Only favouring one of the two doesnt bring about the best in any team, unless you're talking about FIFA 15

Just because we favour physicality doesn't mean the likes of Troisi, Luongo or Kruse suddenly die. And, fuck, we kept Bresciano around - and he was dogshit in the Asian Cup. We're getting the best of what you surely have to agree has not been a generation as gifted as the last.

Best. nickname. Ever

It's good because it works in portuguese too. And also because it's true

BTW, some stat attacks here: the MSN trio have scored 93 goal so far in the 14/15 season. The highest scoring Barça trio on the last 10 seasons was Messi, Eto'o and Henry, in the 08/09 season, with 100 goals.

Real had an amazing trio in the 11/12 season, with Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema. Ronaldo scored 60 times that season. A nice number, however Messi scored SEVENTY TWO TIMES. Fucking insane.

Jesus Christ, how do they manage to score that many goals. I mean, while the La Liga may be an "easier" league to score in at times, no mortal can simply manage to keep up that rate of scoring. It really is amazing to be in a time where attackers are dominating the game that much

That season was the one where Messi was just a fucking demon. He scored 50 times in La Liga, and also had some fucking impressive marks in the UCL, too. 5 goals against Bayer Leverkusen at the quarter-finals and all that. IIRC in 2012 he scored like 93 times.

Tomorrow we will have some nifty games: Barcelona will confirm its spot in the semi finals and Porto will have to prove their win against Bayern wasn't a fluke.

So one of Sunderland's only occasionally good players was in fact a paedophile.

Just fucking relegate us already, and then fire everyone. It's the best thing for the club.

edit for fuck's sake

Edited by Parrhesia

• 2 weeks later...

Copa America is right around the corner! Can't wait! Real Madrid lost to Juventus today! Who do you think will win the Champions this year? America won the CCL btw ;) and I hope Mexico reclaims its Gold Cup and takes the Confederation Cup berth.

Copa America is right around the corner! Can't wait! Real Madrid lost to Juventus today! Who do you think will win the Champions this year? America won the CCL btw ;) and I hope Mexico reclaims its Gold Cup and takes the Confederation Cup berth.

The fact that Montreal actually held in there until the 2nd half of the 2nd leg was impressive in and of itself, especially considering they finished dead last in MLS last year.

Also, hope we defend our Gold Cup title and return to the Confederations Cup ;)

And people would think Real Madrid would win the UCL, but after today I think it's wide open (2nd leg not withstanding of course). I think Bayern will win it, even despite their injuries.

Edited by Bullwine85

And people would think Real Madrid would win the UCL, but after today I think it's wide open (2nd leg not withstanding of course). I think Bayern will win it, even despite their injuries.

welp

seriously, both real madrid and bayern have tons of injured players, some very important, too. barcelona is being fucking ridiculous with its MSN trio, and juventus is the darkhorse in this UCL.

everything points to a barcelona title, but bayern's still beastly in the allianz arena

welp

seriously, both real madrid and bayern have tons of injured players, some very important, too. barcelona is being fucking ridiculous with its MSN trio, and juventus is the darkhorse in this UCL.

everything points to a barcelona title, but bayern's still beastly in the allianz arena

If there's anything we've learned from the previous two legs, it's never to underestimate Bayern in the 2nd leg.

suarez could've scored those goals. that motherfucker is selfless

edit: also messi's pass to suarez????? shit lmao

Ehhh, the game was won, he could afford to try to lay on goals for others. At least he didn't pull some Penaldo style antics and start whining when his team-mates scored.

Jesus Christ Real Madrid might be the easiest team to hate. At least Juve are dirty on their own country, Real is full of shit in Spain and in Europe.

Literally the only two matches I have ever sincerely cheered on Juventus.

Kind of hope they win the final, too. It's crazy, though - they came into this resounding underdogs, and like, 12 years ago Serie A was still in its golden age.

Kind of hope they win the final, too. It's crazy, though - they came into this resounding underdogs, and like, 12 years ago Serie A was still in its golden age.

Rooting for Juventus as well. Can't stand Barcelona, and so glad Juve knocked out Real

Juventus is a fucking dirty team on its own, tbh. Torino is much more of a MORAL WINNER.

I dunno, as much as the squad quality difference is GLARING, them italians have played like bosses, just like Borussia Dortmund in the 13/14 season, so I don't see any kind of favourite in this one.

Still, I'm rooting for Barcelona. That MSN trio man.

Great to see morata rub it in his old club's face.

Still, I'm rooting for Barcelona. That MSN trio man.

Prediction: Suarez gets sent off inside 5 minutes for another Hand/Mouth of God attempt.

Juve 5-0

MEANWHILE, IN LIBERTADORES:

Boca Juniors and River Plate were playing the 2nd leg of the Round of 16 of the tournament on La Bombonera, Boca's stadium, a pretty heated match since the first blow of the whistle.

Then, during the half-time break, something odd happened: Boca's supporters WELDED A HOLE into the visitor's tunnel, and threw PEPPER GAS or some shit like that onto the opponent team's players, who were instantly fucked.

After nearly ONE HOUR of waiting on the field, we get a decision: the match was called off, with the official veredict from CONMEBOL yet to be defined.

And earlier today, they used their twitter account to say the following:

"The official veredict will be declared on our twitter and facebook pages".

What a lovely organization.

The superclasico is so mental, definitely up there with the best/most passionate derbies around. Just a shame that some individuals take these things too far, fortunately that's very rarely the case given the relative sterility of the modern game in much of Europe. I'm all for creating a great atmosphere, but when players and fans alike are put in danger, you know something's going seriously wrong. That sort of thing is still rife in a lot of South America and Eastern Europe unfortunately.

Think I read that the game was awarded to River Plate, quite rightly of course.

Yeah, Conmebol eliminated Boca from the competition, fined them and gave a 4 match ban for La Bombonera. Standard stuff, but people were really afraid they were going to reschedule the game.

But still, it is the biggest derby ever, I'd say. Games like Barcelona/Real Madrid are good, but ain't heated enough, while the Madrid derby is more heated, but usually too one-sided.

Plus, no other rivalry has the home team using a drone to mock their opponent's relegation.

Yep, completely justified punishment. In situations like that there really isn't much choice but to call it off. Would have been ludicrous had they been ordered to play the time remaining in the game or whatever they had in mind.

The superclasico is right up there for sure. Panathinaikos vs Olympiacos is a massive one as well. In comparison games such as El Clasico are completely sterile really.

Only similar incident I can think of is when Albania played Serbia recently and some Albanian fans flew some sort of provocative flag over the stadium regarding the Balkan territories (idk the details) and, needless to say, ugly scenes ensued.