Association Football 2016-17: Força Chapecoense.

Parrhesia

Thankfully I'm neither.

That being said, the bandwagonry among Premier League teams is EXTREMELY annoying here.

I think it was around 2004 when the bandwagoning happened

y'know, when chelsea became rich and shit

city became popular later, when they were able to buy everyone

money makes people like you more

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was around 2004 when the bandwagoning happened

y'know, when chelsea became rich and shit

city became popular later, when they were able to buy everyone

money makes people like you more

And before that it was Manchester United and Arsenal, both of which still have bandwagons to this day

I expect that even if North American fans aren't constantly switching from team to team, most of them jumped onto a bandwagon when they got into the sport. Which... makes sense, really, because why should I invest myself in a team like Aston Villa who isn't that good and isn't likely to become that good either when I have no ties to the team or the region?

Now, they are of course still more fun to watch than Toronto FC. I know it's a smarter financial decision to invest in younger players who've been underperforming like Jozy Altidore and Sebastian Giovinco and Jermaine Defore before them than overpaid veterans like Frank Lampard, but he scored for NY in their game against us. The first moral is fuck Frank Lampard.

The second moral is that when your favourite local team finally announces a rebuild after 2.5 seasons of gutwrenching failure and your second and third-favourite local teams are mired in perpetual mediocrity, you start having to follow baseball so that "sports" and "depression" don't start becoming synonymous. Go Blue Jays!

I expect that even if North American fans aren't constantly switching from team to team, most of them jumped onto a bandwagon when they got into the sport. Which... makes sense, really, because why should I invest myself in a team like Aston Villa who isn't that good and isn't likely to become that good either when I have no ties to the team or the region?

Now, they are of course still more fun to watch than Toronto FC. I know it's a smarter financial decision to invest in younger players who've been underperforming like Jozy Altidore and Sebastian Giovinco and Jermaine Defore before them than overpaid veterans like Frank Lampard, but he scored for NY in their game against us. The first moral is fuck Frank Lampard.

The second moral is that when your favourite local team finally announces a rebuild after 2.5 seasons of gutwrenching failure and your second and third-favourite local teams are mired in perpetual mediocrity, you start having to follow baseball so that "sports" and "depression" don't start becoming synonymous. Go Blue Jays!

When people make fun of me for rooting for the Packers and their success, I tell them:

"I also root for the Brewers, Bucks, Stars, Blues, Philadelphia Union, and the US National soccer team. Haven't I suffered enough?"

Well, people from Brazil are SUCKERS for any european team. There are many fans of teams like Southampton or Swansea City, and some are even devoted to create twitter accounts for goddamn MALMO.

I mean, our teams are ridiculously big when it comes to relevance, but with the shitty management that taints the championship, people crave for something from abroad, even when it's actually a downgrade.

Well, people from Brazil are SUCKERS for any european team. There are many fans of teams like Southampton or Swansea City, and some are even devoted to create twitter accounts for goddamn MALMO.

I mean, our teams are ridiculously big when it comes to relevance, but with the shitty management that taints the championship, people crave for something from abroad, even when it's actually a downgrade.

Malmo? Of all teams, that's sort of random isn't it?

My Brazilian friend is a die hard Vasco fan. She just shakes her head in disgust as of late

Indeed, but we have quite a lot of -Inserteamname-Brazil pages around. It's quite bad.

Yeah, Vasco is having a real hard year. Bottom of the league, and the league's top scorer outscores them by three goals.

However, the last three games haven't been so bad. They won 2 games, one against a upper table team, and tied other.

I hope all our favourite local teams just go into a mini-tournament and fight one day somehow.

... Whose would win? We should all like, do effort posts on our supported teams tbh

Bayern was losing 0-1 to Wolfsburg at half-time

Lewandowski came on as a substitute

15 minutes into the second half, Lewa scored five times.

SEBASTIAN GIOVINCO just broke the mls record for points in a season.

i think that says quite a lot about the level of the competition

effort post about union de santa fe

the other day we played atletico rafaela. minute 94, rafaela's goalkeeper got a red card and union got a penalty. they had to send in bastia, a midfielder, to the goal.

he fucking blocked the shot.

we're good

yo fuc how's tevez being treated there? he sure is playing like a boss, but after that dirty tackle he gave, is the press trying to demonize him or something?

Shout-out to literal 2nd/3rd division player Massimo Luongo, clearly among the 59 best players in the world. I love how salty people are getting about it.

(He was the player of the tournament in the Asian Cup, which is almost definitely how he slots in.)

Edited by Parrhesia

rip brendan rodgers

can't say I'm entirely surprised but they should have probably done this in the summer?

I was also personally hoping that they'd wait until Mourinho leaves Chelsea just because Mourinho at Liverpool would be hilarious but it'll probably be Klopp at this point

He should've been sacked right after that 6-1 loss against GODDAMN STOKE CITY

Mourinho is pretty much begging to be fired, too.

just want to take a moment to discuss how cursed scotland are

against poland, a tough game that is pretty vital for any attempts at a playoff qualifying place - poland score two minutes in, typical

scotland put on a brave performance and score two great goals, especially this one (can't find a video with actual quality) to bring the lead, holding on with resilence.

then the other game, the republic of ireland take the lead against 'world champions' germany pretty much meaning we have the slimmest of chances to go through if we win our last game, poland lose theres, and goal difference.

then scotland concede in the last kick of the game in injury time to a scrappy freekick goal that was potentially offside, damning that very slim potential. the republic of ireland go on to beat 'world champions' germany

why lads, why does this happen to me - it's like the universe dangles hope on a string just to yank it away endlessly

in a picture, or for reference the last few updates of this

94fkL4c.jpg

Edited by Tryhard

just want to take a moment to discuss how cursed scotland are

against poland, a tough game that is pretty vital for any attempts at a playoff qualifying place - poland score two minutes in, typical

scotland put on a brave performance and score two great goals, especially this one (can't find a video with actual quality) to bring the lead, holding on with resilence.

then the other game, the republic of ireland take the lead against 'world champions' germany pretty much meaning we have the slimmest of chances to go through if we win our last game, poland lose theres, and goal difference.

then scotland concede in the last kick of the game in injury time to a scrappy freekick goal that was potentially offside, damning that very slim potential. the republic of ireland go on to beat 'world champions' germany

why lads, why does this happen to me - it's like the universe dangles hope on a string just to yank it away endlessly

in a picture, or for reference the last few updates of this

94fkL4c.jpg

And to rub more salt in the wounds, it looks like Scotland will be the only Home Nation to miss out on Euro 2016.

For once I'd like to see Scotland not only qualify, but also make it past the group stage of a major tournament. Their fans deserve it.

I'd be fine with them qualifying just to lose all the group games - I haven't seen them qualify in all of my life - I can't recall because the only two times they've qualified in my lifetime is '98 WC and '96 Euro. RIP.

Edited by Tryhard

As if the "Klinsmann out" camp doesn't already have more ammo (partly due to a very poor run of form), Klinsmann sent Fabian Johnson back to Monchengladbach after getting into a verbal argument with him and questioning his commitment to the national team, throwing him under the bus and claiming that Johnson was faking an injury.

Johnson is now back in Monchengladbach being treated for a thigh injury. After going 120 minutes on Saturday vs. Mexico, and this was even after he had JUST RECOVERED from another injury.

This is very upsetting considering that NO ONE has questioned Johnson's commitment to the national team before, while Klinsmann continuously calls up Tim Chandler who seems to have this "meh" attitude in US matches.

I've defended Klinsmann even up to this point, but now it will be very difficult to defend him here.

Yeah, uh, Klinsmann seems to have lost it. Who're even your alternatives? Arena and Bradley have the best credentials, but I think they're already the last two managers of the side.

I'm glad, though, that Klinsmann killed Landon Donovan who seems determined to have a cry about it for the rest of his life. And, well, you'll always have World Cup 2014 to fall back on. But Klinsmann's time mayyy have come.

Yeah, uh, Klinsmann seems to have lost it. Who're even your alternatives? Arena and Bradley have the best credentials, but I think they're already the last two managers of the side.

I'm glad, though, that Klinsmann killed Landon Donovan who seems determined to have a cry about it for the rest of his life. And, well, you'll always have World Cup 2014 to fall back on. But Klinsmann's time mayyy have come.

Yeah, he's letting it go to his head. His time as manager should come to an end, but he should keep the technical director job.

Other than Arena (who seems to be very comfortable with his current LA Galaxy job), I'd say Kreis or Vermes. Both are MLS managers who tend to get the most out of their teams. I loved Bradley as manager, but he might not be our best option atm

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/27/socceroo-luke-brattan-loaned-to-bolton-after-signing-for-manchester-city

Hahaha what the fuck this actually happened. Manchester City snapped up a good A-League midfielder with like one cap. Aged 25.

Why?