PICTURE THREAD

eclipse

Bad news - the blue one died not too long ago ._.

I'm sorry to hear that. It can be hard to tell if parakeets are sick sometimes, and it's tough losing a pet.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why eye color seems to change so much when captured on photo? In many pictures, my eyes look blue, but in reality, they're closer to green. It must be the lighting.

Here's a selfie, trying to capture my true eye color.

3e65c61a-d29c-4cfa-b3b3-34ab6dda375e_zps

And here I am, looking blue

01101a06-3365-40d7-a643-c233e16be1ac_zps

"Hey, Rezzy, what did you do on your birthday?"

"I was taking zoomed in selfies, because I was tired of my eye color not looking right in pictures."

Edited by Rezzy

From what I've heard, grey eyes tend to "switch" from green to blue a lot, based on lighting! I think they actually look pretty grey in the second picture, as well.

Even Integrity has had this issue on people not agreeing on whether his eyes were blue or green. But I've been able to observe it a lot and I'm fairly confident they are a hazel grey~!

Which is great because I looooove grey eyes

So stuff like lighting and clothing could be changing them so much because they're grey as well!

From what I've heard, grey eyes tend to "switch" from green to blue a lot, based on lighting! I think they actually look pretty grey in the second picture, as well.Even Integrity has had this issue on people not agreeing on whether his eyes were blue or green. But I've been able to observe it a lot and I'm fairly confident they are a hazel grey~!Which is great because I looooove grey eyesSo stuff like lighting and clothing could be changing them so much because they're grey as well!

My mom has maybe hazel-brown-green depends on the light eyes. I used to think mine were hazel, but they have no brown to them. I guess mine could pass for gray with the right lighting.

an actual updated picture of me

12800213_1070782982979426_61587983978526

Facial hair aside, it's actually my favorite picture of me so far. and those are super hard for me to accept.

also looks super-filtered even though the sun was stupid bright

@rezzy: my eyes tend to switch from blue to green too, I'll try and post pics when I'm back home. Feel like light/clothing has a lot to do with it, not really sure scientifically lol

I definitely am a fan of the hairstyle, Soul! That is a good picture imo

@rezzy: my eyes tend to switch from blue to green too, I'll try and post pics when I'm back home. Feel like light/clothing has a lot to do with it, not really sure scientifically lol

that is exactly it =b Eye colour is based on the amount of melanin that is in the eyes. The heavier the melanin content, the darker the eyes (browns) and the lighter the content the lighter the eyes (blue)

From how I know it, lighter eyes are more easily manipulated, that's why people with blue eyes have their eye colour shine when they wear blue clothing. But as for people with brown or super dark brown eyes, clothing pretty much has no effect

Grey is the "lightest" colour (or maybe just one of??), so it's the most easily manipulated and so it often gets confused with green or blue

I feel like it probably gets more complicated than that but that's the basic knowledge that I've been given on the subject

Edited by Freohr Datia

Facial hair aside, it's actually my favorite picture of me so far. and those are super hard for me to accept.

now I know

it definitely isn't maybelline

it's Soul

WOW soul you are literally an anime ikemen?