Convince me to dislike the General class.

Emeraldfox

They have the most defense out of every class, access to the best skills in the game, they outclass every other class, and they're pleasing to the eye. I mean, really.

Its a personal preference. If you like generals, you like generals. I can't make you dislike them just because I tell you that you should. I don't think they are bad by any means because every class has a strength and fault to it. You ever played Fire Emblem 7? Oswin was one of my favorite units in that game and he was a Knight/General. I gladly put him on the front lines regardless of the turn count. In the end my friend, its you who is playing the game. Play it the way YOU want to play, not the way that we say you should.

Well, I guess the thing with Def based classes is, that the Defense ends to be high enough to take a significant greater amount of hits. However, most characters in this game pretty much grow defense at the same rate.

So the difference lies mostly in their class' base stats, which grows insignificant over time.

In the end they pretty much survive the same number of hits as everyone else. Maybe even less, when mages, effective weapons and speedy enemies are involved. And they always are.

And I would say they just look really bad.

They either have a jetpack on their back (which would be awesome) or the designers figured that the knights would have to fear attacks from behind into their neck more then anything coming up from the front or below their neck.

I mean, the front looks really thin and skintight compared to that. It's really awkward.

Especially for the females, since the armor is apparently so skintight, the blacksmith needed to beat it out to such a degree that it ended up visibly empathizing the users breasts.

It doesn't help that the style of the game's models empathizes the shoulders so much, so the massive shoulder plates appear even larger. Well, at least their shoulder plates don't look like they are just for decoration, not like all the other classes that have massive shoulder plates with holes in them.

Edited by BrightBow

Easy. Horrible movement.

Not a fan of their low resistance, either. But it's mostly the movement that makes me dislike them. This applies to the other FE games too.

Low mov doesn't mean as much when you use a flier with deliverer, dive headfirst into the enemy, and then switch B) admittedly I still don't like generals as much as great knights but being on foot isn't so bad. Hammers and armorslayers are hardly anything to worry about either, as the Valm arc's bulky generals are anything to go by. They really are sturdy against physical weapons especially with Pavise.

I can't convince you to dislike them for your bias and love of them and the fact that you don't really care about playing with turns, which makes Mov. kind of irrelevant if you are taking your time. But I can say, they get quite out-classed by Great Knights, who have Luna at least...which is saying a significant amount of something.

"Horrible movement" seems like a lackluster complaint in this game since you can slap a general on any flying unit or cavalry and vroom vroom all over the place

It might be possible for me to agree. This game has a broken "Rescue" function, and Enemy Phase should be well rewarded if they can 1RKO everything and never die (which I'm sure is quite very possible) and just cover sufficent area on Turn 1 with a flier/mount at their side.

Edited by bearclaw95

And I would say they just look really bad.

They either have a jetpack on their back (which would be awesome) or the designers figured that the knights would have to fear attacks from behind into their neck more then anything coming up from the front or below their neck.

I mean, the front looks really thin and skintight compared to that. It's really awkward.

Especially for the females, since the armor is apparently so skintight, the blacksmith needed to beat it out to such a degree that it ended up visibly empathizing the users breasts.

It doesn't help that the style of the game's models empathizes the shoulders so much, so the massive shoulder plates appear even larger. Well, at least their shoulder plates don't look like they are just for decoration, not like all the other classes that have massive shoulder plates with holes in them.

Welcome to Japanese video games.