Japanese players on SF

Chiki

I always wonder why it's so rare to see japanese people on the internet. It's way easier to see people from countries much smaller than Japan on most internet sites, but never a japanese. I can't believe they spent their entire internet time on 2ch.

I've got some Japanese friends on Facebook. Not that they really understand what Facebook is for. Mostly they upload pictures of food and follow every Emma Watson fan page on Facebook.

I'm Korean.

can u tech me how 2 [random fire emblem concept]-cancel

Unbearable racism aside I have to sneak in another one so bear with me

"Koreans don't do tool assisted speed runs, they ARE the assisting tools"

Edited by Solais

There are Japanese people on at least some youtube videos, at least, though they might just be reposting stuff from Nico Nico Douga

The one I had in mind is eluding me, though. Stoly posted a video of glitches in a soccer game set to the william tell overture or something which had Japanese text scrolling across everything constantly

But yeah, actually, I've only seen, like. A couple Japanese players on English-language game-related sites, ever

Edited by Rehab

nailed it

Given how the U.S. government keeps trying to pass SOPA or similar bills, yeah, pretty much...

can u tech me how 2 [random fire emblem concept]-cancel

Unbearable racism aside I have to sneak in another one so bear with me

"Koreans don't do tool assisted speed runs, they ARE the assisting tools"

Lawl.

Edited by Interest

There actually was a japanese person who posted on here a few years back, though iirc she didn't actually like Fire Emblem she just liked to sprite.

In any case, I'd imagine that there aren't many japanese people on english gaming sites for the same reason you don't see many english speakers on japanese sites: there's a language barrier. I'm pretty sure japanese FE community does have its own sites or forums though.

There actually was a japanese person who posted on here a few years back, though iirc she didn't actually like Fire Emblem she just liked to sprite.

In any case, I'd imagine that there aren't many japanese people on english gaming sites for the same reason you don't see many english speakers on japanese sites: there's a language barrier. I'm pretty sure japanese FE community does have its own sites or forums though.

As this topic shows: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42475 There are many people here whose first language isn't english. I'd actually guess there are many people from Asia here, but the Japanese are kind of exclude themselves from the non-japanese internet.

This would be rather like a similar Japanese site wondering why no Americans post. There is a language barrier.

On a side note Japan is more homogenous in terms of culture. It is more unusual to see someone raised being fluent in multiple languages than in melting pots such as America and the like.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Plus Japan being a relatively populous/wealthy country makes it easier for them to support their own internet communities. Especially since FE sells better there than in the west and they have all the FE games.

That said, virtually everyone that would be on a Japanese FE forum would speak some English. Fluency is a different issue, though.

Edited by Rewjeo

*goes to look*

...wow... I had more views from Japan than I thought.

pz6dy0v.png

Dude all those 45-54 year olds viewing your stuff. Woah

Because everyone here speaks English

This pretty much. I used to play FFXI, Japanese and English speaking people do things seperately in game and have their own forums. Maybe if there was a section for Japanese speaking people for Fire Emblem, you might get a few people to join. FFXIAH has a Japanese section for FFXI but there is only a few Japanese members.

My native language is Korean but I feel more comfortable speaking English. If there was a Korean Fire Emblem forum. I wouldn't join because I feel more comfortable around English speaking people.

Dude all those 45-54 year olds viewing your stuff. Woah

Title Waifu Emblem doesn't surprise me at all. I'm getting old in the 35-44 bracket.

Edited by Siruppercut

My channel's pretty tiny but around 200 views (about 5%) are from Moonland. Apparently it's ranked number 4 in the countries that've seen my videos.

My channel has as many views as it does because I posted some great music from a great video game before anyone else did.

99% of the views for 99% of the users of YouTube.

My channel's pretty tiny but around 200 views (about 5%) are from Moonland. Apparently it's ranked number 4 in the countries that've seen my videos.

Is that like, near Moonside?