What are you afraid of?

Camilla

for me they are as listed

*The Dark

*Crowds I get really nervous and get anxiety when in crowds which is why I don`t do well at parties large classrooms etc. anyplace with many people inside at one time.

*Losing my save files on my games I once lost all my save data on my pokemon mystery dungeon sky and got everything in it took many hours and days to do that and all that gone some other stuff of mine I`ve lost files too.

*Being alone at night in a big house

*Basements (I never did like going down in them they are creepy as heck and I surly won`t go in one alone)

*Thunderstorms and Tornados

*Creatures of the deep (where I live the water is not clear and the water is scary and there is something big living in it long time ago I saw a really big shadow moving under the water i don`t know what the heck it was)

*Being in boats (I once went deep sea fishing with some others and I was scared some reasons same as above giant sea creatures and the fact the water is not clear so whatever is in there you can`t see till it is too late and..what if the boat sunk?? there is no land anywhere!)

*Planes (I will never ride one ever I fear of them crashing there is no coming out of a crash from the sky in one piece)

*Needles

*Surgery

Basketball (I have been hit directly in the face by a basketball one too many times that is sending a message that i am not meant to play it getting hit square in the face with those hurts and I wear glasses so even worse when it hit)

and that is all I have so far i may have forgot some but for now this here sums it up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kittens.

No but seriously, i'm afraid of very high heights, i'm afraid of people that i didn't like in the past recognizing me in the present and i'm afraid of dying.

Edited by Peppy

Personally speaking, I'm afraid of being unwanted and useless. Truly truly.

I'm also terrified of bugs, crazy clowns (and horror movie stuff in general), being in houses alone at night, painful death/mutilation/surgery, etc etc. If I was ever afraid of heights, I had to get over it very quickly when I jumped off a 60 ft alpine tower during a ropes course.

death

*dying

Death itself actually doesn't concern me at all which itself is mildly concerning but actually dying sound generally miserable to me. Also I have a whole bunch to live for, but being dead doesn't sound so terrible to me.

As far as fears go? Basic (generally rational) ones like heights. I do have an unusually strong aversion to pain, but I actually have a decent tolerance for it when something happens that I really have to sit through. Dread is by far the worst part of it. That actually describes me in general. Mostly I avoid doing things because I dread them, but if I need to do something for some reason I'm usually not that bothered by it. There are also a lot of things I find unpleasant but don't really fear.

*dying

Death itself actually doesn't concern me at all which itself is mildly concerning but actually dying sound generally miserable to me. Also I have a whole bunch to live for, but being dead doesn't sound so terrible to me.

As far as fears go? Basic (generally rational) ones like heights. I do have an unusually strong aversion to pain, but I actually have a decent tolerance for it when something happens that I really have to sit through. Dread is by far the worst part of it. That actually describes me in general. Mostly I avoid doing things because I dread them, but if I need to do something for some reason I'm usually not that bothered by it. There are also a lot of things I find unpleasant but don't really fear.

I really meant death. As an atheist I believe there's nothing after it, and my biggest fear is not existing, not thinking, not feeling anything. Just the thought that sooner or later it will happen to me frightens me more than anything else ever could. I don't really think of the way I will die, all of them are equally terrible, what worries me is what (don't) happen after it, according to my beliefs.

Edited by Nobody

Personally speaking, I'm afraid of being unwanted and useless. Truly truly.

I'm also terrified of bugs, crazy clowns (and horror movie stuff in general), being in houses alone at night, painful death/mutilation/surgery, etc etc. If I was ever afraid of heights, I had to get over it very quickly when I jumped off a 60 ft alpine tower during a ropes course.

This, except not crazy clowns (They're just meh for me)

EDIT: And Heights scare me a bit, but not that much I guess.

Edited by Bluedoom

-Heights(being short doesn't help)

-Being alone

-The zombie apocalypse not occuring in my life time

-Afterlife/The unknown(not death)

-Stalkers(had one)

-Aliens

Other than that I'm pretty much a carefree sociopath :3

Edited by katerra

- bugs

- most reptiles and amphibians

- rejection

- spiders

- human interaction (that's my biggest fear)

- being completely alone

- horror movies

- never finding love (it's odd that I'm not afraid to admit that)

- dying alone

- being useless

- life after college

- being unable to fend for myself

- being universally hated

That's about it, really.

Failing to meet the standard I have in my head for "making anything of myself," hurting people (especially the idea of doing it without being aware of it), and heights

I flatly refused a to do a couple of things back in elementary school like climbing a metal watchtower (which looked really big to sub-10 year old me), and even just staying very long inside buildings with really high-up ceilings, like the national cathedral, because just looking up at/around them gave me some kind vertigo-lite feeling. I'd get scared gravity was going to stop working and I'd "fall up" into the ceiling and be crushed, or something. (I still remember the DC aerospace museum's big lobby feeling way more threatening and ominous than a building with model planes and shit hanging from the ceiling has any business being)

Even shit like looking higher than a 45-degree angle at wide open skies could get me kinda tense.

I still occasionally feel kinda awkward, "dwarfed," I guess, looking up while surrounded by shit like skyscrapers. And while having a high-up view doesn't necessarily scare me of itself, in a place like the roof of a fair-plus-size building or the top of a bigass waterslide, where there might be railings, I still get apprehensive that some asshole's going to tackle me from behind and send me flying over to my death or something, even if I'm nowhere close enough to basically leaning over them in a way that would have that make any physical sense to worry about.

not counting the many, many things that can send me into a dumb little DEAUUGHH fight-or-flight moment thanks to brain wiring but which don't generally influence my thoughts when they're not around

Edited by Rehab

I used to consider myself fearless because I can let go of things to handle situations calmly. I have a reflexive fear of the open ocean because I almost drowned a few years ago, but even that only scares me until I register what is happening.

I changed my mind when I got close to others. I started fearing the consequences of my actions. I feel responsible for every situation I have a hand in. I fear doing something I will regret because I do not know what I am capable of. I fear myself more than anything in the world.

Edited by Makaze

I used to consider myself fearless because I can let go of things to handle situations calmly. I have a reflexive fear of the open ocean because I almost drowned a few years ago, but even that only scares me for until I register what is happening.

I changed my mind when I got close to others. I started fearing the consequences of my actions. I feel responsible for every situation I have a hand in. I fear doing something I will regret because I do not know what I am capable of. I fear myself more than anything in the world.

Hmm, I don't have that so much as a fear as a worry. I'm more worried about a terrible botched job or a humiliating performance than something that would be scary (if I understand your perspective right). Overall, I'm pretty sure I won't make a difference for anyone other than myself. I find that a bit comforting.

Still, I thought it was an interesting post.

I've had a big phobia of Tornadoes ever since I was a kid. A common dream I have are tornado nightmares, the tornadoes come in categories even (I've been having these dreams since I was a kid).

I was in the OK tornado outbreak in June, and I can't say I'm really afraid of Tornadoes anymore. I do have the tornado dreams still, but my fear of Tornadoes vanished after. Even though that storm was hell and probably should have made me scared. I think I'm not afraid anymore because I have hands-on experience with my fear.

Hmm, I don't have that so much as a fear as a worry. I'm more worried about a terrible botched job or a humiliating performance than something that would be scary (if I understand your perspective right). Overall, I'm pretty sure I won't make a difference for anyone other than myself. I find that a bit comforting.

Still, I thought it was an interesting post.

I want the power to control everything, but that power brings responsibility. I would be fine if I did not love anyone, so it is a combination of things that creates it.

Edited by Makaze

I'm not scared of all bugs although if I see some bug on my hand I immediately smash it against a wall lol.

I used to be scared of wasps but last summer I was at this tutor's place where so many students were there and unlike school everything is too serious for me to run away like a coward so I had to sit there and learn to tolerate them. Now I can only tolerate them. ;_;

I once had this weird spider on my hand and I was running around without knowing about it. Then I lift my hand for a moment, see it, immediately smash it against the wall. Good riddance. xD