Advantages of Armored Units

Jotari

if their only problem was move we wouldn't have a gazillion threads about OH MY GOD GUYS I JUST REALIZED ARMORS ARE LOW TIER

coming next time- Archers: FE's Proverbial Whipping Boy

I didn't actually make this thread to complain about Armors. It was intended to think up a few abilities similar to how the other classes with weaknesses have flying/canto. But people just enjoy talking about their uselessness in general and that's fine with me really.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had my druthers, every class would have a unique skill/mechanic to further differentiate them beyond "this class gets these weapon types and generally this kind of stat spread."

but then the game would suddenly evolve into total war Shut up, grump

The GBA games are when the Knights are the worse, for 2 reasons.

Not only both of your reason become empty when Oswin is one of really few AK that is useful at one point of the game(or, in my case the only Ak that is ever useful), I should also note the hilarity of taking Poison seriously >_>

Edited by JSND

Poor generals their sucky movements it made even worse by the fact that most games are heavily mount focussed. I would make everyone a little less durable and give them back the full weapon triangle control + bows that they had in fe4.

The weapon triangle control makes them a little more flexible and people would actually have more reason to use it if other classes weren't so durable.

Also is it me or do generals almost always seemed to be getting the shaft somehow.

Fe4: Low move is pretty awful in this game.

Fe6: All of them have rather depressing stats, face constant weapon triangle disadvantage early game where they should be at their most useful and one of their characters is Wendy.

Fe7: Oswin is good enough to carry the class trough the game.

Fe8: once a knight promotes they're giving the option to stay a unit with sucky move by going general or gain a horse, full weapon triangle control and still being good enough for the job.

Fe9: Dominated by horses.

Fe10: Wyverns are basically flying generals with only one minor downside.

Ds games: Don't they share their defense cap with paladins in this game?

Fe13: Same problem as awakening in the fact that great knight gets a horse, good enough stats for the job and full weapon triangle control.

Edited by Sasori

Fe8: once a knight promotes they're giving the option to stay a unit with sucky move by going general or gain a horse and full weapon triangle control and.

In FE8 only knight, which exist is Duessel.

Gilliam (aka guy even slower than Garcia) and Knight!Amelia(if you even use Amelia, cavalier is better) aren't exist.

Ds games: Don't they share their defense cap with paladins in this game?

Does not matter because getting 30 Defense Paladin is liek Impossibru unless you are Catria who is only capable of getting Def on every level up

The real problem is the fact that they get doubled by.... almost everything and their extra defense are usually useless

Gilliams faster than Garcia according to growths anyways.

And is viable in things like draft runs because earlygame. He generally gets dips on da first crest for GK.

Now being used past early-midgame is another story.

I really wish armored units would come equipped with paragon/elite. Since they're often slow they might lack enough oomph to defeat enemies in one round and therefore miss out on much needed experience. If more armored characters were like Lex in FE4 I'd use them more often.

Additionally I think it would be nice if these units got there own delphi-shield equivalent. It doesn't seem fair that fliers especially wyverns can have bows, one of their core weaknesses removed while the same privilege doesn't apply for armored units.

Edited by Gregosa

Additionally I think it would be nice if these units got there own delphi-shield equivalent. It doesn't seem fair that fliers especially wyverns can have bows, one of their core weaknesses removed while the same privilege doesn't apply for armored units.

Well the main reason anti flying skills and items are so common are because flying units are weak to an entire weapon type instead of a single weapon from each type. Wyvenrs can protect themselves from bows relatively easily yet they can't protect from Wyrmslayers in most games. Skills to protect armored units do exist too. Walharts exclusive Conquest skill is one such example.

Well the main reason anti flying skills and items are so common are because flying units are weak to an entire weapon type instead of a single weapon from each type. Wyvenrs can protect themselves from bows relatively easily yet they can't protect from Wyrmslayers in most games. Skills to protect armored units do exist too. Walharts exclusive Conquest skill is one such example.

That's still not a good excuse, considering bows are intended to keep fliers in check. I'd rather there be a staff that temporarily negates effective damage on the recipient and isn't limited to fliers.

That's still not a good excuse, considering bows are intended to keep fliers in check. I'd rather there be a staff that temporarily negates effective damage on the recipient and isn't limited to fliers.

That would pretty much negate weaknesses for the player entirely. No the easier way is to have skills that negate each weakness, the availability of which depending on how wide spread the weakness is.

Good point, I totally forgot about Walhart's exclusive skill. I didn't use the character since he's so close to endgame.As for your point about wrymslayers, aren't there some games where they don't do bonus damage against wyverns? I think it varies by game, but my memory could always use a refresh.

Is it bad the I actively used Brom in PoR and Radiant Dawn all the way up until the Tower of Guidance in order to block entire pathways and passages

Because I think that I made a pretty good move considering that nobody else could suck up the damage :S

Once Brom has moved, he needs not to move again.

Is it bad the I actively used Brom in PoR and Radiant Dawn all the way up until the Tower of Guidance in order to block entire pathways and passages

Because I think that I made a pretty good move considering that nobody else could suck up the damage :S

Once Brom has moved, he needs not to move again.

I actually like Brom as well. One of the few armored units I've ever used.