AM/PM Mafia - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

I forgot to say; I approve of this post.

It's true that not much was happening, but a reaction test on a pretty classic RVS OMGUS feels sort of forced to me. And Blitz still said nothing about most of the day players even near the end of D1 when he was back, including the target of his reaction test, even though a bunch of stuff had happened at that point, like the Kirsche vs Rein argument. He never said anything directly about Scorri either. He asks anonymous why they'd rather lynch Shinori before Scorri, which sort of implies that he finds Scorri a little suspicious at least, but the tone in his last post when he was speaking to Scorri doesn't sound like how someone would speak to someone they find suspicious. I guess the best word for it is too nice?

Prims, how willing are you to shoot someone in the day? Or anyone other than me, really?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Prims, why did you claim? Also, can you shoot every night?

The point with #121 and #124 is that it was a modslip. The alternative is bastard modding.

kirsche seems town for drunkposting, but that might just be RIFOM. I'm gonna jump on the Rein town wagon too. I'd be okay with Ether lynch/shot and will give him a pass for now, but going from "I can't decipher a damn thing until I know more" to sounding pretty confident on scorri is scummy. Shinori is IDK. Blitz is the scummiest day player for his first post's words to content ratio. Content is a day removed from getting caught up, but that might be tunneling. Cowbell is town.

As for night players, TBH, I don't find BBM scummy, and am not really sure why others find him scummy, but I can sheep it. Prims moved to the top of my scum list last night as a caution cause no one suspects him. Actually still read as town, and vig claim is vig claim. Elieson is the same. Strawman is the same. That leaves Paper/Kay. Paper is about the same.

@Kay, you have like no reads (besides Paper maybe, but you kinda dropped it).

##Vote: Blitz if Prims cares

I don't understand how 121/124 is a modslip? SB explained the rules. Cowbell may not be the user from Smogon, but his posts didn't have the tone of someone playing in their first game ever.

If Prims wants to shoot a night player, I'd vote for Strawman or Kay fwiw. Strawman, can you explain your reasoning behind the reads in your announcement?

Prims, are you still taking ##ShotVote requests?

Either way, Buttfacenori is about as depressingly bad as they come. Out of his 4 posts, half of them are entirely useless. The other half, well let's break them down.

Okay random thoughts.

Don't wanna lynch Ether, Don't wanna lynch Kirsche.

##Vote: Scorri

Don't like her overall posts. She seemed to sit on her RVS vote for most of the phase until just recently swapping to ether for meh reasons (To me) Although I admit that Cowbell looks awful, it seems more like newbishness than anything, which is why I question why she left her vote sitting on him for like the entire day phase. Then saying he was probably innocent for post #121 and #124. It really seems like she intentionally wasted most of the day phase with what looked like a rvs vote/push on an inactive newbie which I don't really like. Also I really feel like her one REAL content post didn't hold much of anything that mattered.

I also really dislike one of the last sentences she stated in her big content post "Basically I don't really have a solid scum read in the night group." All of this plus the terrible push on Cowbell and now the vote swap onto Ether I don't like. Thus my vote goes here.

Townreads on Ether because.....

Townreads on kirsche because....

Waffles on Cowbells because [bad content?] and Could be noob.

Scumread on scorri, sort of explained I'll get to that in a minute.

I'm getting massive town reads from Ether at the moment. Whether I'm wrong or not it's partially based off of meta and various things I've noticed about how he's acting. I also feel very similar to a lot of things Kirsche has said for the most part, at least his most recent ones definitely seem good to me. Maybe I'm just biased because he seems to have similiar thoughts to mine but whatever. Part of it is gut as well since that's what I tend to use a lot in mafia.

As for night players:

Scum readings currently on Elie and Paperblade with Kay just behind Paper.

But I defintely don't like elie. Still think Scorri is more important at the moment.

Again, townreads on Ether because.... Oh, this time it's defined as a split between finding Ether town due to Meta and Meta.

Again townreads on kirsche because.... it's so easy to sheep kirsche so he must be town right? Oh, and Gut.

Scumreads on Elieson because....

Lesser Scumreads on Paperblade because....

Even Lesser Scumreads on Kay because....

Top scumreads on Scorri because (aformentioned reasoning).

SO BUTTERFACENORI and his almighty logic seems to have argued only one thing, and that's scorri being scum.

Don't like her overall posts. She seemed to sit on her RVS vote for most of the phase until just recently swapping to ether for meh reasons (To me) Although I admit that Cowbell looks awful, it seems more like newbishness than anything, which is why I question why she left her vote sitting on him for like the entire day phase. Then saying he was probably innocent for post #121 and #124. It really seems like she intentionally wasted most of the day phase with what looked like a rvs vote/push on an inactive newbie which I don't really like. Also I really feel like her one REAL content post didn't hold much of anything that mattered.

I also really dislike one of the last sentences she stated in her big content post "Basically I don't really have a solid scum read in the night group." All of this plus the terrible push on Cowbell and now the vote swap onto Ether I don't like. Thus my vote goes here.

So a tunnel scumread on scorri dwells from:

• her votepark on Cowbell, which didn't seem badly placed IMO (and with Cowbell being a controversial topic already, it shouldn't be any ping for her just parking a vote),
  • Removing her vote from Cowbell because unsure how to read him/her.
  • Her content post "not having content" when she was clearly keeping up in conversation.
  • Town-null reads on generally all of Night squad.

The latter three reasoning was all pretty shitty reason to call someone scummy. The former first, well it's a null reason in general, because it's such a controversial topic that a solid read shouldn't be able to have been pulled from it in the first place.

tl;dr

Out of everything, Shinori appears to be absolutely the single most scummy player due to such a strong push and complete and total park on a [proven town] player who wasn't actually scummy to begin with.

1) Everyone really needs to stop claiming. It's doing way more harm than good.

2) Unless someone does something outrageously scummy, I think we should vote among the night town, for the following reasons.

a) Day mislynches combined with kills will severely damage town's ability to hit scum.

b) There are probably more scum in the night phase than the day phase to reduce the swing of the game.

c) I'm extremely suspicious about the claims.

3) No one died?

Weapons, is this the line in question that is a "modslip"? I don't really see it as one, since we're all assuming things (such as multiball, 50/50 splits between day/night scumteam, etc etc.

I don't understand how 121/124 is a modslip? SB explained the rules. Cowbell may not be the user from Smogon, but his posts didn't have the tone of someone playing in their first game ever.

If Prims wants to shoot a night player, I'd vote for Strawman or Kay fwiw. Strawman, can you explain your reasoning behind the reads in your announcement?

If Cowbell was scum, SB would know that Cowbell was asking that question as WIFOM and would be consciously promoting the WIFOM (as opposed to staying silent and letting village talk it out).

@Elie- How was Shinori's vote on Scorri a complete and total park if he didn't even vote for her until there were 7 hours left in the phase? Also hindsight is 20/20 etc, if he was town he didn't know that Scorri wasn't. And I also thought it was slightly bad that she didn't have a single suspicious thing to point out among all the night players. I can see what you're saying about Shinori not explaining most of his reads all that well, but that's generally par for the course for Shinori as either alignment, so meh.

@Weapons- idk if I was the mod and someone asked a rule-related question, I'd answer it even if I knew they already knew the answer. I don't think that's bastard modding.

Bbm-

I meant a tunnel combined with a vote park. You yourself admit that his only discussion contribution was Scorri.

And my point being that Shinori literally discussed and explained nothing regarding night players and stuff regarding one single day player (unless you count his half-dozen or so meta/gut reads which yea ok). Scorri had a few here-and-there contributions to discussion. Shinori has been pretty pro at forcibly bringing nothing to the table. In fact his insistence on not wanting to lynch Ether still rubs me the wrong way

Oops I hit post before I was done.

"... and his defense of kirsche implies things to me that make my impression of Shinori's stace beyond unjustified.

Shinori was worse all phase long compared to Scorri, IMO. it just took towards the end (and a reread today) for it to become more apparent to me.

Worse all phase long? Shinori didn't even post until almost 3/4s of the way through the phase. I can get that Scorri is his only solid read, and that a bunch of unexplained reads aren't much, but you can't just discount them entirely.

P5e0x3m.gif

Motherfucking list of the north star:

6. Cowbell

I buy Weapons' logic on him being modconf town.

1. Ether

Is motherfucking Ether. Please stop ragequitting so much even if it makes you obvtown. If Ether is scum then his reaction to the votes on him is pretty lame actually (esp since he brought it out-of-thread with that HQ post), unless he was just feeling that but from a scum PoV or something, whatever. I think he's town.

Naturally my two D1 scumreads are the towniest day players alive now :(

Rein and kirsche get no sections because they're Just OK and I have nothing interesting to say about them. Question for kirsche though, why was NL better than Ether lynch? Seems like a realllllly disproportionate amount of conviction for that early in the game and I can see this as scum buddying a townie.

5. Shinori

Bad bad bad. Flaked earlygame, Cowbell read is noncommittal and everything else is unexplained. The only reason he's not at the top of my scumlist is because he does this shit as town. Step it up.

14. Blitz

"BBM is town because he looks scummy" is craplogic, yeah BBM might be better at defending himeslf as scum but defending himself poorly does not excuse his original actions because of some weird meta. I actually think it's WEIRD that Blitz would push this because Blitz likes to scumhunt based on his understanding of another player's thought process, but this is just a shallow meta point that ignores where BBM is actually coming from.

Otherwise, his Ether pressure went nowhere and not many of his words contribute. Would lynch.

---

3. WoMC

Would not lynch. There's consistent pro-town effort from earlygame onwards, and I have Weapons pinned as somebody who doesn't carry his town playstyle well into his scum game. Not sure how true that is but I think everything has posted so far seems honest. Also, scum!Weapons did not have to explain why Cowbell was modconf town.

11. Strawman

Would not lynch because the context of his claim was just really obvtown. Could stand to hear a more extensive readspost from him now that it's night, though.

10. Elieson

Have a good feeling about him so far since I think he'd keep persuader to himself as scum, or at least set himself up to claim it later while still giving the option to use it for his team and not claim it if he really wanted to do so. Content is alright, I like his points on Shinori.

7. BBM

BBM is not actually that bad but I like giving him a hard time. Neutral read.

8. Kay

I don't remember much from Kay. I think her earlygame joking about Shinori seems kinda forced though? Especially because she had just said "prims is a JERK, stop hating on other players" afew posts ago. Her FoS on Paper never went anywhere and in context could've easily been a poke at the easiest possible target to seem productive after Weapons called for FoSes, so what was with that and why was it dropped?

9. Paperblade

Scummiest night player. All his posts are one-liners and his only read has been gut on BBM. Lack of anything resembling town effort makes me want to vig or lynch here.

##Vote: Paperblade

IMO we should vig Paper then lynch Blitz tomorrow so that everything's set up for people to defend themselves if necessary.

I feel like my reads aren't very good and I'm probably townreading some scum so ugh.

"because he does this shit as town" is basically what I feel about Elie's Shinori case. Shinori flakes because of work + video games all the time, and his reads are generally sparsely backed up either way. There's nothing I feel is really scummy.

I don't think Ether getting depressed is indicative of an alignment. I don't really buy the modconf Cowbell thing either.

I thought Paperblade had more contribution than he actually does. I'd be okay with that shot among the night-talkers.

Actually I'm just gonna claim because it will be obvious soon enough and I don't want dumbass town info roles running into me.

At day I can make two announcements max 150 characters in length. I can't vote. The announcements are anonymous but I don't see a reason to hide my identity and it will probably be obvious anyway.

tldr I'm K. Green the Intercom

Going through Paper's posts, what did you mean by that bolded bit? How was the claim supposed to prevent info roles from targeting you?

Lol paperbrad, king of ignoring posts directed at him.

Prims too, though a Paperblade shot, I can't really find an argument against ATM.

I don't negotiate with terrorists

then ##ask Prims to shoot himself wuuuuuut

Actually I had a sudden brainstorm but require a keyboard to make sense of it, I'll post said theory later when I get home.

Tldr version rides on more than one death from tonight but that's not something we can use right this moment.