Let's Rate The Parent FINALE: Olivia and Cherche

Djing

Well then change it so Fighter turns into Mage for daughters.

Well, I think I know how the next day's votes are going to go...

Henry's neutral speed mod and Barbarian instead of Fighter actually makes a significant difference. Gerome really appreciates Axefaire/Berserker, and Brady doesn't mind either.

Edited by Meteor

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, yeah Priest, Thief, Dark Mage or a variation of these is definitely the worst

Well, change thief for mage, since thief actually gives assassin, while mage is useless if the father also gives priest and DM.

Which brings us to Libra

First of all, you did ask, so I personally would rather you not be insulting and dismissively condescending, even if it wasn't aimed at me specifically.

Second, Nosferatu isn't that great, it's Vantage and Vengeance that are cool. And he only needs 5 levels in Sorc to get Vengeance.

Lastly, what did you think think this thread was for, if not trivializing things that are already easy?

True 'dat.

I should feel silly now. ):

Now I'm sort of tempted myself at Vantage/Vengance.

Well, change thief for mage, since thief actually gives assassin, while mage is useless if the father also gives priest and DM.

Which brings us to Libra

The problem is that Inigo is OK with Libra since he gets Sage+VV+Tomefaire. Thief+Fighter gives him (and to an extent Owain) practically nothing.

And giving Assassin isn't _that_ big of a deal because there are far better fathers who would do that and more.

Edited by Meteor

Henry is the 13th father in the game. What a coincidence.

Henry

Pretty much the same as yesterday, but without the Sage + Sorcerer synergy. Instead we get Wrath, which is barely a condiment on the Vantage + Vengeance dinner. He does get Berserker and Assassin, which is cool for support. Being able to father Cynthia is good too.

3.5/10 - Being able to father Cynthia means he's rarely ever going to stay single, which gives him a slight edge over Libra.

Cynthia, Owain and Henry like him. Geroma and Kjelle can use him as well. I'd say he's slightly better than Libra

4/10

Would be 3.5, but he's able to father cynthia, so he gets an extra 0.5

Edited by Nobody

Arguably one of the worse father in the game

Zerk is kinda questionable since some males already have them(the one that does not and have spoonforks is lolbrady)

Troub is decent

Thief is cool, but does not come with free bowfaire

DM line have Vengeance, otherwise the class is overrated(min max wise), and Vengeance is not as convenient as Luna

Being able to father Cynthia is basically his biggest selling points.... And sadly Cynthia did not really gain anything noticable from this(maybe thief? but who cares because lolcynthia)

Maybe add some Vantage owners to the pool and that's it

Jack of all trades mods as well, and finally is almost comparable to Vaike when fathering Gerome

4/10

Poor - father is Unremarkable and flawed

Edited by JSND

Dark Mage, Thief, and Barbarian are among the weakest classes to pass, but Henry manages to have enough going for him to keep him afloat.
Gerome and Brady can make use of Berserker/Axefaire, and neither minds having Sorcerer skills to play with. Sadly virtually none of his potential daughters can make use of his available male-only skills, though the Troubadour replacement is nothing to complain about.

4/10, passable.

Is Relief/Renewal combo good!?

Honest answer: NO! Renewal is good on the main game (relief is crappy even then), but this topic is about the post game, and there both suck a lot (and so do most healing skills).

Edited by Nobody

Well, I don't know if they stack, but Renewal might work pretty well. I'd also try the galeforce + lifetaker combo, since it allows a full HP recover on the player turn. If you don't want to get galeforce because it takes too much grinding, I think renewal + lifetaker might be enough.

EDIT2; no they don't stack

Edited by Nobody

Pros:

-Good modifiers for physical and magical children

-Solid support skill pool (Hex/Anathema, Dual Support, Gamble, Axefaire, Assassin/Barbarian access)

Cons:

-Mediocre class set with no procs, heavily reliant on other childrens' classes.

Meh:

-Not much else to say

The Kids:

Cynthia: Personally this is my favourite Cynthia, mostly because Troubadour is really nice for her to have, and she doesn't mind Dark Mage either. Say what you want, Galeforce/Luna Sorcerer is pretty viable.

Brady: Previously considered the best Brady before Lon'qu came along, but it's still really solid.

Owain: See Libra because this is exactly the same.

Inigo: One of the few pairings where Libra is better than Henry in, since while both give Dark Mage, everything of Henry's overlaps.

Kjelle: Let me tell you what. Henry!Kjelle is the most fun I've had using a unit ever. You get so many options of what to do with her but you don't always have all the staples, so being creative with it is a must. It's like a bizarro Donnel!Kjelle. Pavise/Aegis/Vantage Sorcerer, Wyvern/General/Trickster support, staffbot with faires, movement and avoid stacking, whatever. Sure it's not among the best Kjelles, but it's certainly better than the majority of her fathers.

Gerome: Alright for Axefaire + crit boosting, but I'm not huge on this because its main niche is very, very, very easy to replicate or even obsolete without even trying to do so. (i.e. any Laurent, any Severa, some Yarnes/Inigos/Owains/Kjelles, etc.)

Severa/Noire/Nah: Axefaire and Troubadour. You know what that means. (Bolt Axe War Monk rah rah rah) Noire is much the same except she has Great Knight instead of Galeforce. Nah is also much the same except I don't know.

Yarne: See Henry!Gerome, since this is basically what that is but worse because of the overlap.

Laurent: Thief alone. Yeah, real helpful.

Henry is for lack of a better analogy, a better Libra and a worse Vaike. Nothing more, nothing less. He's better than Libra because his modifiers surpass him in almost all ways and he gives a greater variety of stuff outside of Dark Mage. However, he's worse than Vaike because his classes don't turn into anything cool for daughters though their performance for sons not named Inigo and Owain are eerily similar. To be honest, I kind of have a weird suspicion that nobody really knew that Vaike and Henry were very similar class-wise until recently. (i.e. arguments like Vaike!Gerome is bad, but Henry!Gerome is good despite being nearly identical.)

To be honest, while his class set isn't great, there's a surprising amount you can actually do with it. Barbarian and Dark Mage aren't bad options to have, and even Thief has its uses although in theory it's obsoleted by Barbarian. Troubadour is also cool, and he can pass down Axefaire for War Monk supremacy. It's not a great class set, but it's alright with the right support.

4.5/10

I kind of have a weird suspicion that nobody really knew that Vaike and Henry were very similar class-wise until recently. (i.e. arguments like Vaike!Gerome is bad, but Henry!Gerome is good despite being nearly identical.)

I think the argument is that Vaike!Gerome is an inefficient use of both father and child; Vaike can do better than Gerome (Nah, Severa, Kjelle) and vice versa (Stahl, Gregor, Henry). It doesn't produce a worse child per se, but Henry!Gerome is committing to making the best of two lackluster units, and grabs Sorcerer for some off-the-wall builds.

I think the argument is that Vaike!Gerome is an inefficient use of both father and child; Vaike can do better than Gerome (Nah, Severa, Kjelle) and vice versa (Stahl, Gregor, Henry). It doesn't produce a worse child per se, but Henry!Gerome is committing to making the best of two lackluster units, and grabs Sorcerer for some off-the-wall builds.

That might've been it, but I don't remember Vaike getting much popularity early on aside from Gerome, Kjelle and sometimes Yarne. (Vaike!Nah and Vaike!Severa were virtually unheard of until somewhat recently) Henry was also basically locked on Brady early on too, so I'm not really sure when the shift towards Gerome started.

Henry: 10/10 best punny father in the world.

Also, Relief and Renewal stack. But good luck not having any units within 3 spaces of you on Lunatic.

People have mentioned what I was gonna say before... great Cynthia... but honestly I don't like my eugenics file *THAT* much.

The Luna Cynthia gets from Sumia seems a lot more useful than his Vengeance... exceptions when super low HP.

The lack of offensive proc skills other than Vengeance or Lethality from him REALLY irks me. I mean come on, he needs to dish out PUN-ishment other than Counter... eh?

4.5/10