Let's Rate The Parent FINALE: Olivia and Cherche

Djing

Uh, I'm fairly sure it's +5 MAG for Ricken!Brady/Owain, and +6 MAG for Ricken!Laurent, but I digress.

Severa/Owain/Inigo (particularly Owain) like him for Sage/Tomefaire + Luna, Gerome and Yarne can use him for Tomefaire/Bowfaire and Dual Guard+, Laurent can use him as an ingredient for R!L!M, and Brady can use him for mods (Again, he's not desperately in need for skills because of base Galeforce/Tomefaire/Luna/Agressor). Honestly, having neutral speed makes him leagues better than Frederick/Kellam, and being Stahl without Vantage isn't a bad gig -- Owain and Inigo get it at base, and Severa doesn't need it if she's just going to be a second Cynthia.

8/10. I kind of think people underrate Ricken because they don't like him as a character.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaius is next.

Gaius

The primary use of this father is to provide Galeforce for Kjelle or Noire (Nah is a lost cause). Unlike Donnel, Gaius has good mods and Vantage, which makes him useable with some of the other children (he'll still be a second rate Lon'qu if you do this). Still, having access to two amazing classes makes him a top tier father.

8.5/10

Have Galeforce and Vantae

And heres the kicker. 2 of the Galeforce ladies already have Luna, one have Vengeance

Another kicker is the fact that his class set is not even bad. He have Warrior and Assassin for the child to use and lolsol

And.... he can father Cynthia and is one of the best Cynthia, having a whooping speed mods of 6 and Vantage, although Vantage is not that useful on Cynthia IMO

Basically a really good father in general

9/10

Have Galeforce and Vantae

And heres the kicker. 2 of the Galeforce ladies already have Luna, one have Vengeance

Another kicker is the fact that his class set is not even bad. He have Warrior and Assassin for the child to use and lolsol

And.... he can father Cynthia and is one of the best Cynthia, having a whooping speed mods of 6 and Vantage, although Vantage is not that useful on Cynthia IMO

Basically a really good father in general

9/10

Exactly this.

Better dad than unit, but still a good unit.

Creates Ginger!noire, which funnily enough, has two souls instead of none.

Insta galeforce 12/10

Honestly, while the negative defensive mods are an issue, he has hands down the best Noire, and his offensive mods are great. But his main draw is Galeforce and Vantage.

9/10

This!

Clarify on how that it is possible to get Noire and Kjelle Galeforce when Gaius cannot get Galeforce and neither Tharja or Sully can get it either to pass over.

Anyway, Gaius has good Speed and Skill, but his Def suffers in the long run. But still, he is someone to use as the children can get Counter. He would be most suggested to either be a Warrior or Assassin in the end. As a Warrior, he gets great HP and Str; and as an Assassin, he gets good enough Skill cap as well as that he gets it's cap naturally. As he naturally grows good in it to be able to use Lethality effectively. Pair that up with Astra to make it all good! Anyhoo....

8/10

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Clarify on how that it is possible to get Noire and Kjelle Galeforce when Gaius cannot get Galeforce and neither Tharja or Sully can get it either to pass over.

Anyway, Gaius has good Speed and Skill, but his Def suffers in the long run. But still, he is someone to use as the children can get Counter. Anyhoo....

8/10

Gaius has Fighter in his class set.

Fighter is a male-only class.

Daughters get it replaced with something else.

That something else happens to be Pegasus Knight.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

Gaius!Nah is the best Nah. Those skills, those modifiers... Plus that beautiful orange hair. Not to mention they have my favorite The Future Past conversation. Gaius!Nah is definitely an OTP for me.

Seriously, getting Nah a decent proc skill in Astra and the deliciousness of Galeforce and Vantage is incredible. Round it off with Limit Breaker and Lifetaker (Nah still does not have many options), and you have a fairly decent build for her as a Manakete. Sure, Nah isn't a Luna-proccing child of destruction, but Gaius is easily her best father eugenicly aside from Avatar (M).

Oh, I guess Gaius makes for a great father with the other kids, too. But he must always father Nah for me.

9/10. Gaius gives Nah beautiful orange hair and has great conversations with her actually makes Nah usable and can make the other children pretty incredible, too.

Edited by Cor Leonis

Pros:

-Galeforce access

-Sol

-Myrmidon

-Good modifiers (Only really bad one is luck, and again lolluck)

Cons:

-Thief doesn't work as well with him, since Myrmidon does what it does but better. (Lon'qu has the same problem, but the synergy of Wyvern compensates for that)

Meh:

-Fighter can be a little restrictive for sons, but some of them don't mind getting Sol.

The Kids

Noire: Compared to Donnel!Noire, she loses Armsthrift and Troubadour but gains Vantage, (arguably a good trade by itself) Assassin access, and gets her speed problems fixed.

Nah: Vantage, Sol, Galeforce and speed. No Luna, but it's still pretty good all-around.

Kjelle: Basically just Galeforce because Myrmidon overlaps and she doesn't give a rat's ass about Thief. Also, overkill speed. Good pairing but wouldn't recommend it if only because Myrmidon is that useful to have elsewhere.

Cynthia: Kind of iffy imo since it wastes Galeforce, but it's still alright even just for Myrmidon.

Laurent: Vantage and Sol for tanking Sorcerer, so it works. 3/4/4 offensive mods aren't bad at all either, even with Gaius's -1 in magic.

Severa: Alright even just for Myrmidon access. That and 3/5/5 is actually pretty crazy.

Yarne: Gregor with better mods and no Armsthrift.

Gerome/Brady: See Lon'qu because I'm lazy and it's been a long day.

Owain/Inigo: Not advisable because they already have Galeforce(and couldn't get it anyway since they're guys) and already have Myrmidon.

Myrmidon + Pegasus is another great combination, and even if kids already have one, they can usually take advantage of the other. As you can see he's definitely best for daughters, but he's certainly serviceable for sons as well.

8/10

Edited by HeoandReo

He's an amazing father to Noire and Nah. I can't say the same for Kjelle, because I've never tried it.

Vantage, Galeforce, HP +5, and all the good stuff.

10/10 why not give a perfect score?

Because Avatar's the perfect parent?

Right, but 10 is the best possible score, and it wouldn't be accurate to say that every kid would be just as happy with Gaius as they would with the avatar. So by that logic he has to be lower than a 10. doesn't even have luna 2/10 would not bang

Galeforce

Galeforce

Galeforce

Galeforce

Galeforce

-Galeforce access

Galeforce

Galeforce

I think I'm going to throw up.

...Definitely throwing up.

6/10. Only really worth it for Nah, Noire, or Kjelle, and Xillia's Gaius is much cooler anyways. Also, why must you be a pain in the arse to train?!? You're probably the one character who I have more trouble working with than anyone else in the game.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Gaius...

Joins at Chapter 6, being the 6th last to join.

Stat Modifiers: 1 STR, -1 MAG, 2 SKL, 2 SPD, -2 LCK, -1 DEF, 0 RES

His modifiers get the job done for the majority of his professions...

Classes:

Thief->Assassin/Trickster

Myrmidon->Swordmaster

Fighter->Warrior/Hero

Which gives him access to Sol, Astra, and Vengeance, some of the major proc skills in the game.

The best skill for him to pass to daughters that do not already have Mercenary is Sol, and he also grants them access to the Pegasus Knight tree.

Above average, missing a few components such as Armsthrift, Luna, and some support skills that would make him a stellar unit.

Overall, 7.5, being late to the party hurts.

Right, but 10 is the best possible score, and it wouldn't be accurate to say that every kid would be just as happy with Gaius as they would with the avatar. So by that logic he has to be lower than a 10. doesn't even have luna 2/10 would not bang

And even then Avatar MIGHT not be completely perfect if an extremist view is applied

Edited by JSND

Works only with certain characters, but those children are some of the best.

Owain, Inigo, and Gerome don't really want him, because overlap.

Yarne, Severa, Brady, and Laurent use him like an inferior Lon'qu or Gregor. Which is actually a compliment. (Though you still shouldn't do it.)

However, with the remaining four...

Gaius!Cynthia is the only pairing where Cynthia gets Vantage. Either this or Chrom!Cynthia I'd say is in the running for best Cynthia. I think I prefer Chrom!Cynthia being able to do Aether + Luna, though.

Gaius!Kjelle beats Donnel!Kjelle in every area. Loses out on Troubadour/Hero, but I'd still say this is the best Kjelle.

Gaius!Noire is basically Stahl!Severa without Armsthrift. Considering Noire's competition is between being Kellam!Severa without Tomefaire or Gregor!Laurent without Tomefaire, I'd say this is pretty handily the best Noire.

Gaius!Nah is the only circumstance where Nah can get a proc (not a very good one, mind) and Galeforce, beyond MaMU parentage.

So yeah, 8.5/10.

Gaius!Kjelle beats Donnel!Kjelle in every area. Loses out on Troubadour/Hero, but I'd still say this is the best Kjelle.

You could actually argue that because he also gives myrmidon, which she already has, Donny!Kjelle is actually better because of the better class set. But it is really good nonetheless.

I agree with what other people have been saying. Nice mods, Galeforce access for daughters, Vantage for everyone.

No Luna (or Merc I guess, but that's not *that* important, since he can pass Sol), and Thief is meh, so 8.5/10.

Gaius got a flat 8.5 for his day. Today we review an interesting one.

Gregor

Gregor was once considered to be the best dad in the game during the "SolThrift" era. He was only one of three mercenary dads and he had the benefits of being gender neutral and having decent mods. Over time Great Knight and Galeforce started getting top priority while Mercenary was left in the dust. Despite this Gregor still manages to prove his relevance thanks to Vantage and Axefaire. He's got the perfect setup for making a Sorcerer, so Laurent and Noire benefit greatly from him. He also makes an amazing physical Brady if that means anything.

6.5/10 Not as awesome as he used to be, but I still think he's good.