There's a wasp nest outside my front door, should I spray it with water?

IceBrand

One time there was a big wasp's nest formed outside my bedroom window. I kindly informed the wasps that they were evicted from this place of residence and they kindly left.

And by kindly informed I mean I hit the wasp with a high-powered hose until it exploded. And by kindly left I mean they freaked the fuck out. So basically the opposite of what I said.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

If you want the wasps to drop dead, use a commercial wasp killer like Raid brand Flying Insect or Wasp and Hornet killer.

Edit: The best time to kill the nest is at dusk or nightfall, when the entire nest is resting for the night and will all be gathered in the one area that will become their grave. :evil:

Edited by Ace Tactician

If you want the wasps to drop dead, use a commercial wasp killer like Raid brand Flying Insect or Wasp and Hornet killer.

Edit: The best time to kill the nest is at dusk or nightfall, when the entire nest is resting for the night and will all be gathered in the one area that will become their grave. :evil:

No wonder they call u ace tactician.

Nighttime is the best time to get rid of wasp hives? Good to know.

Does your front door have a screen? If so, I thought of a... somewhat clever idea that should leave you sting-free, but might leave your front door inner area soaking. Cover your inside front door floor area with garbage bags or dry, thick rags, get a long hose and plug it in, run it from your side door to the inside of your front door, and spray the hose at a strong enough blast through the screen to get rid of the wasp hive. Combine that with Ace Tactician's striking in the darkness tactic, and the wasps should be powerless to retaliate.

...why do I feel like that plan would majorly backfire, though? Window screens should be strong enough to handle a water jet from a hose, as long as it's not set to max power. Maybe you should have some bug killing spray as backup, just in case that plan backfires somehow. And please don't take legal action against me if the plan doesn't work and you get loads of stings.

bees are bros, wasps are the devil incarnate

I feel the same way. At least bees provide honey and promote and enhance plant growth with pollen. Wasps hardly do anything as useful from my knowledge.

The only "useful" thing a wasp can do is kill other pest insects, but it's not worth it. Most bees are docile and they provide honey. I have never been pursued or attack by bees. Wasps though? Ugh...

I feel the same way. At least bees provide honey and promote and enhance plant growth with pollen. Wasps hardly do anything as useful from my knowledge.

Wasps are killing machines! They exist to kill tons of annoying as heck insects like mosquitos and cockroaches. They're our Terminator for insects we'd rather not see too many of!

That said I still wouldn't want a nest attached to my house, lol. Go do your job somewhere that you're unlikely to bump into me.

Also I got stung in the eye by a bee when I was young so I'm way more afraid of them than I am wasps.

Wasps are annoying as hell. So yes, kill the little cocksuckers by blasting their nest. Hell, you don't even have to use a hose to spray water on a nest. You could use a super soaker, or at least a powerful water gun, and that'll do the job just as well. That way, when you're running like hell afterward, you don't have to drop your "murder weapon." You can just hang onto it for dear life and keep running.

Wasps are killing machines! They exist to kill tons of annoying as heck insects like mosquitos and cockroaches. They're our Terminator for insects we'd rather not see too many of!

That said I still wouldn't want a nest attached to my house, lol. Go do your job somewhere that you're unlikely to bump into me.

Also I got stung in the eye by a bee when I was young so I'm way more afraid of them than I am wasps.

Wow, kinda me too. I got stung on the eyebrow though, so I guess that's not really the same thing.