Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been paying large amounts of attention to all of the various leaks and whatnot, but has there been any information about a feature similar to the Unova Link appearing in X/Y? (Mainly the stuff with the different modes and the version-"exclusive" sharing/unlocks.)

(I'm assuming not, since, despite the fact that X/Y are almost like Pokémon's version of Awakening, it does seem like some features were just disregarded or only a shadow of what they could (and should) be.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0804161992/ref=tmm_hrd_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&sr=8-2&qid=1381474274

I have my evidence right here to prove that we will get the Pokedex strategy book on Oct, 22 2013.

Great.

So we don't have to constantly have to look at serebii.net for egg moves, good movesets, etc.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Does anyone know when Pumpkaboo is catchable and in what version he is rarer to appear? I don't know how i'm going to put together my team this time, but I do know Pumpkaboo will be in it.

Also does it lose its pickup ability on promotion? I remember Aipom losing it and some other might have that problem as well.

Also I don't know if it has been shown yet, but here's Banette's mega evolution. It looks pretty cool.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/temp/00483.png

Edited by Sasori

I didn't see this here, but MegaPinsir: http://www.serebii.net/megapinsir.jpg

It's Bug/Flying... And gets an ability that changes normal moves into flying type.

According to serebii, MegaBanette is pure Ghost, and has Prankster.

In different news, I got my Y yesterday, and the biggest surprise this far is that the poodle thing is actually pretty good for early game O_o

(I'm not very far because tests coming)

At 3-5 levels lower than everything else in my party, it had 2nd highest HP and Speed, 3rd best Attack, and thanks to its ability, it was the tankiest thing I had. (tankier than Quilladin wtf)

It's movepool is hideous though... By lvl 15, it could learn Growl, Baby-doll eyes, sand-attack, tackle, headbutt and tailwhip...

Edited by Sylphid

LOL MegaTyranitar in the Super Secret Training minigame.

I'd be surprised if it hadn't been officially announced yesterday.

DSC05836.jpg

By the way this minigame is funny as hell and pretty useful.

Brought my newborn Froakie to 510 EVs in 50 minutes.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

By the way this minigame is funny as hell and pretty useful.

Brought my newborn Froakie to 510 EVs in 50 minutes.

This is actually pretty slow IMO

Usually my EV training duty is like.... 20 minutes max

Wait, you can breed already?

I didn't see this here, but MegaPinsir: http://www.serebii.net/megapinsir.jpg

It's Bug/Flying... And gets an ability that changes normal moves into flying type.

According to serebii, MegaBanette is pure Ghost, and has Prankster.

In different news, I got my Y yesterday, and the biggest surprise this far is that the poodle thing is actually pretty good for early game O_o

(I'm not very far because tests coming)

At 3-5 levels lower than everything else in my party, it had 2nd highest HP and Speed, 3rd best Attack, and thanks to its ability, it was the tankiest thing I had. (tankier than Quilladin wtf)

It's movepool is hideous though... By lvl 15, it could learn Growl, Baby-doll eyes, sand-attack, tackle, headbutt and tailwhip...

Mega DickPinch

Furfrou is pretty annoying to fight early game. I fought a few while training up my Brogoat Skiddo and it's pretty bulky. I then fought a double battle against two of them level 14 and they KOd my Flabébé and Skiddo who were around level 16. I don't think it'll be good late game though It's basically a Oifrey

Mega DickPinch

Furfrou is pretty annoying to fight early game. I fought a few while training up my Brogoat Skiddo and it's pretty bulky. I then fought a double battle against two of them level 14 and they KOd my Flabébé and Skiddo who were around level 16. I don't think it'll be good late game though It's basically a Oifrey

Yeah, I figured it probably won't be good on the long run, but I was still positively surprised, considering I simply added it to my party as a joke because it's fabulous with a heart-trim. It might have some value as a physical tank even later in the game, considering its ability keeps it fairly tanky all the time and it has a attack reducing priority move...

I really should have named it Oifrey... >__>

I find Flabébé to be pretty bad... It has awesome SpA and SpD, but other than that its stats are really bad IMO. Maybe it gets better after it evolves, but right now it's a lot worse than a Vivillon... speaking of vivillon, does it have a shiny form for each different pattern?

Also, where did you get Espurr? I want it in my party...

Edited by Sylphid

Yeah, I figured it probably won't be good on the long run, but I was still positively surprised, considering I simply added it to my party as a joke because it's fabulous with a heart-trim. It might have some value as a physical tank even later in the game, considering its ability keeps it fairly tanky all the time and it has a attack reducing priority move...

I really should have named it Oifrey... >__>

I find Flabébé to be pretty bad... It has awesome SpA and SpD, but other than that its stats are really bad IMO. Maybe it gets better after it evolves, but right now it's a lot worse than a Vivillon... speaking of vivillon, does it have a shiny form for each different pattern?

Also, where did you get Espurr? I want it in my party...

True. I think even in competitive Furfrou will have some sort of niche as a physical wall in the lower tieers

DON'T DISS MY BOY FLABÉBÉ OR ELSE IT WILL END YOU Well at the moment it's holding its own fine and training it up in the wild wasn't difficult (I'm not using exp share as I think it was make the game so much easier)

Err... route 6 tall grass I think. If you enter the area with the mansion you notice a small path towards the left. If you go there you do the double battle with the Furfrous and then you're in the tall grass. Nincada and Sentret are there too if either interests you

This is actually pretty slow IMO

Usually my EV training duty is like.... 20 minutes max

Wait, you can breed already?

I usually take 20 minutes too with the pokéradar and the nutrients (Proteins etc.) but from 0 to 510 in 50 minutes it's pretty fair IMO if you're not using those.

Anyway yes. I don't even have the second badge and I can breed already.

I've already found Honedge too if someone was interested to know his capture time.

Also I'm searching for a chespin.

I can give a Froakie in return.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

DON'T DISS MY BOY FLABÉBÉ OR ELSE IT WILL END YOU Well at the moment it's holding its own fine and training it up in the wild wasn't difficult (I'm not using exp share as I think it was make the game so much easier)

Err... route 6 tall grass I think. If you enter the area with the mansion you notice a small path towards the left. If you go there you do the double battle with the Furfrous and then you're in the tall grass. Nincada and Sentret are there too if either interests you

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong with it, since I'm having trouble using mine reliably... And I'm using exp.share because my current save is for trying things out. Going to restart with different starter when my friend gets his X.

Oh, there, huh. Now that I think about it, I went through that route pretty fast, so no wonder I missed things there.

Also, yes, breeding becomes available ridiculously early.

One thing I was wondering, when is the earliest you can catch good water/fire types? (not counting the monkeys)

Was wondering about this because Chespin feels like a somewhat bad choice because grass pokemon or mons that learn grass moves (flabébé) appear pretty early, while the only fire/water ones I think I've seen in the wild are the monkeys...

EDIT: oh, and Whimsicott is apparently now grass/fairy.

Edited by Sylphid

Hee hee...

I'll have to find some way to transfer one of the starters to the other game so that I can get all three. But without another 3ds, I otherwise will choose Fennelkin and Froakie for my starters.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong with it, since I'm having trouble using mine reliably... And I'm using exp.share because my current save is for trying things out. Going to restart with different starter when my friend gets his X.

Oh, there, huh. Now that I think about it, I went through that route pretty fast, so no wonder I missed things there.

Also, yes, breeding becomes available ridiculously early.

One thing I was wondering, when is the earliest you can catch good water/fire types? (not counting the monkeys)

Was wondering about this because Chespin feels like a somewhat bad choice because grass pokemon or mons that learn grass moves (flabébé) appear pretty early, while the only fire/water ones I think I've seen in the wild are the monkeys...

EDIT: oh, and Whimsicott is apparently now grass/fairy.

Litolite[?] the pre-evo or Pyroar is found to the right of the town with the first gym

And fair enough. I like a challenge so mine exp share is off and my battle style is set to set

EDIT: Whimsicott is now even more annoying if that is true

EDIT2: Does anybody know where Noibat/Noivern are found?

Edited by DodgeDusk

Litolite[?] the pre-evo or Pyroar is found to the right of the town with the first gym

EDIT: Whimsicott is now even more annoying if that is true

... I really should explore the grass more, huh.

And yeah, that was my first thought too.

Also, MegaHeracross; http://www.serebii.net/megahera.jpg

It's typing doesn't change, and it has Skill Link as ability

Some of these Mega forms look ridiculous

Edited by Sylphid

... I really should explore the grass more, huh.

And yeah, that was my first thought too.

Also, MegaHeracross; http://www.serebii.net/megahera.jpg

Some of these Mega forms look ridiculous

The face reminds me of something but I'm not sure what, specifically the nose... damn this is going to bug me now (no pun intended)

And I always explore the grass a bit every new route to see if there's anything worth capturing

Edited by DodgeDusk

The face reminds me of something but I'm not sure what, specifically the nose... damn this is going to bug me now (no pun intended)

And I always explore the grass a bit every new route to see if there's anything worth capturing

The nose reminds me of a rhino.

I also explore the grass a little, but I keep forgetting that this game has more pokemon per route than the previous ones...

Also, because of exp.share I don't need to grind, so I spend less time looking for wild mons too.

Not using that thing when I restart... Or, I could go with a party of 10-20 mons. exp.share would make something like that kind of feasible. Then I wouldn't have to make any hard choices between different mons I like.

What a genius idea.

I also explore the grass a little, but I keep forgetting that this game has more pokemon per route than the previous ones...

Also, because of exp.share I don't need to grind, so I spend less time looking for wild mons too.

Not using that thing when I restart... Or, I could go with a party of 10-20 mons. exp.share would make something like that kind of feasible. Then I wouldn't have to make any hard choices between different mons I like.

What a genius idea.

I suppose that makes sense. I want to use roughly 10 pokemon but I narrowed it down to 6 and I feel crushed Bergmite noooo but I'm happy who I decided to use. Got my grass/water/fire core and a flier (eventually) so all is good

EDIT: Honedge can be found as early as route 6 in the tall grass. Not sure if it's on a specific side or not (doubt it) but just in case it's on the right side

Edited by DodgeDusk

I suppose that makes sense. I want to use roughly 10 pokemon but I narrowed it down to 6 and I feel crushed Bergmite noooo but I'm happy who I decided to use. Got my grass/water/fire core and a flier (eventually) so all is good

EDIT: Honedge can be found as early as route 6 in the tall grass. Not sure if it's on a specific side or not (doubt it) but just in case it's on the right side

I normally don't have this problem, but with some awesome new mons, as well as access to many of my old favorites, XY really makes the choice hard...

And wow, Honedge that early? I though it would be mid/late-game mon...

Also, MegaAlakazam (pure psychic, ability is Trace):

http://www.serebii.net/megaala.jpg

That's one cool beard. Alakazam the White?