After playing Awakening, I can no longer play any of the previous Fire Emblems.

IceBrand

The game added so many features that it feels weird not having them. Examples would be....

. Characters commenting after leveling up and shopping.

. Characters grunting in battle.

. The pair up system.

. Second Seals.

. Being hit by 40% or lower.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that those are nifty features that ultimately I will prefer, that doesn't mean it's not fun to go back and relive the older games. After I played Awakening 3 times in a row, I went back and played FE7 and FE8 (also planning on going back through FE9, FE10 and finally finish FE6 for good) since I missed the old games. I even played (and fell in love with) FE4 for the first time after seeing many of the characters in the DLC and I was intrigued to play the game that introduced the marriage system. So I kinda like to view Awakening as the game that promises awesome things for the future of Fire Emblem, but is also a call back to the older games with the DLC characters and features from them. Best of both worlds! :)

I still prefer the other games, but I agree Awakening does have some features that make it weird going back. However, for me it's more being able to skip enemy phase, ff battles, switch between battle/map animations, etc.

Oh that's right, the main difference between playing the older games and FE:A, is their speed.

Holy sheet, RD even with animations completely off, takes like 5 mins on an EP.

Skipping Phases in general!! I pull a Lumi in Awakening a lot. I will literally push start to skip a phase or someone's attack sequence. So going back to older games, ill be like damn muscle memory with that. Argh.

Every FE from 6 onwards has something called true hit, which is basically where the hit rates they show aren't actually accurate. They average out two RNs and if they average to lower or equal to the hit rate, so higher hit rates connect more and lower ones miss a lot more. In FE1-5 that 12% is actually 12%, when with true hit it's 3%. So yeah, it's a lot more common.

Oh that's right, the main difference between playing the older games and FE:A, is their speed.

Holy sheet, RD even with animations completely off, takes like 5 mins on an EP.

Part of that is because RD has so many maps that are just way too big and have too many chump enemies AND allied/other units moving around, not so much that EP is always being too long. I don't find enemy phase to be a problem in any FE game up till 10, although DSFE's intro to be able to either skip the enemy phase or skip through the parts you don't care about IS nifty.

Edited by Irysa