Who is in your opinion cooler: Protoman or Zero?

Nicolas

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

Same as Jedi, actually. While I like 'em both, Zero's the man. The same man (bot) that got me interested in swords as a kid, hah. I do love how his character is portrayed over Proto though. They both are sort of the loner-types (though Proto Man has more focus on that theme), but Zero had a bit of more depth going on there. Huge character change from his usual fiery and confident self after X4 to just a man who just wants to get the job done and nothing else while giving others the cold shoulder...then eventually starts to fall back on how he used to be around X8-Command Mission. (Not stating anything heavy about his history out of respect for those who haven't played all the X games)

But his quiet nature is something glued to his personality though, which I really like. It's really shown in the Zero series, despite losing his memory. He still retained his personality.

Zero

Mostly for gameplay reason. Zero is stupid OP in 4(Sigma is a joke with him lol), Hilariously good in 5, and stupid ridiculous OP in 6 because of OP Guard Shell, even without using the SDC.

Also Model ZX is awesomesauce

Meanwhile, Protoman is hilarious in MMBN 1, a rare kind of boss that is much easier in v1 than his v3 in 2(the timing of Protoman v3 is so easy to remember, its not even funny. Slap a Wood Style, and go to town lol), a joke in 3(even his secret version).

BN 4 and 5 is difficult as fuck, so I leave that one. Although, Colonel > Protoman

Finally, BN6 Protoman is a joke again

Also I can't take Chaud and Protoman seriously after reading BN manga

Proto Man is like Racer X, Zero is like (insert Shounen protagonist here). I think it's clear who I found more appealing.

Plus Protoman does cool things like encourage arson and save children. Does Zero save any children? Didn't think so.

Protoman is objectively cooler (too many gaffes on Zero's part to ignore), Zero and MMX in general had a much more direct impact on my childhood though

Zero

Mostly for gameplay reason. Zero is stupid OP in 4(Sigma is a joke with him lol), Hilariously good in 5, and stupid ridiculous OP in 6 because of OP Guard Shell, even without using the SDC.

Also Model ZX is awesomesauce

Meanwhile, Protoman is hilarious in MMBN 1, a rare kind of boss that is much easier in v1 than his v3 in 2(the timing of Protoman v3 is so easy to remember, its not even funny. Slap a Wood Style, and go to town lol), a joke in 3(even his secret version).

BN 4 and 5 is difficult as fuck, so I leave that one. Although, Colonel > Protoman

Finally, BN6 Protoman is a joke again

Also I can't take Chaud and Protoman seriously after reading BN manga

no Marvel jokes

this post is failure

Real cool characters wear sunglasses, how is this even a competition?

I'm so mad that people have differing opinions to my own

Real cool characters wear sunglasses, how is this even a competition?

I'm so mad that people have differing opinions to my own

Protoman has dark visor, which is almost sunglass. IMO it's even better than sunglasses.

Does Zero have a cool whistle whenever he appears? Yeah, I thought so.

Is Zero's whistle is as cool as this:

I don't think so.

And Protoman is only character, who looks cool with yellow scarf (Eagle form AW doesn't look cool).

Zero.

Does Protoman ever do anything other than being cryptic, randomly appearing just to fight you then fleeing, or saving Mega Man a few times?

Does Zero ever do anything besides die...a lot?