FE10 Rout Draft 2

Ema Skye

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was beginning to doubt Nolan up until now...

1-5 4 (33)

Volug goes up, Miccy and Sothe go right, Nolan goes up the ledge and OHKO's a myrm. Stole the Master Seal from the soldier and then chipped at him with Miccy. Sothe w/ bronze knife kills a majority of the enemies in the desert area while Nolan takes out all the 1-2 range enemies by the ledge. Volug kills the mage that attacked him Turn 1, then deals with the Turn 3 reinforcements. Nolan moves up and to the right in order to reach the remaining enemies on the map next turn. Moved Miccy out of the way so that she wouldn't be targeted on EP. The boss and a mage suicide on Sothe, and then next PP Sothe takes out the desert reinforcements while Volug rushes back to the spawnpoint to take out the other reinforcements, and Nolan kills the last enemies in the top right corner.

Micaiah 9.18 HP 18 Str 4 Mag 14 Skl 10 Spd 11 Lck 16 Def 8 Res 11

Sothe 4.05 HP 37 Str 20 Mag 5 Skl 21 Spd 22 Lck 16 Def 15 Res 9

Nolan 16.84 HP 30 Str 18 Mag 1 Skl 14 Spd 17 Lck 12 Def 11 Res 6

Volug 15.09 Base

Edited by Mar Mar

Even the AI is inconsistent in 2-1. I mean wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. This is so dumb. One run the Javelin housekeeper moves, the other he stands there like a dumbass. I have Heather and even with her this is super frustrating and inconsistent. Can we make it free?

Edited by PKL

Yeah...sorry, I tried. But this is just too BS. The boss just now died to Wrath nephenee before I could rout in my latest almost sucessful attempt after an hour and 30 minutes of being stuck here. Yeah, please make this free so we can actually proceed and not be stuck here until the RNG + AI decides to cooperate in every single move you make. Up to 15 turns or something.

The unpromoted enemies in 2-1 may or may not move, depending on the RNG. At least that was my experience when I retried the chapter hundreds of times back when I was doing segmented speedrun attempts.

PKL i asked you if 2-1 should be free and you said no. >_>

I thought it would be less riggy as Rout. But it turns out it's so much worse. Can I just like...play it and treat it as free? Because I kinda wanna proceed.

Edited by PKL

Doofina whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. At least make a poll or something asking the drafters here if they agree with 2-1 being free. Your response in the PM makes no sense because it's clear that no one will be getting the same TC like you implied. Just because we all have the same team, doesnt mean it's justified to make us spend an eternity getting the right RNG. No one will get the same TC as the other. It's purely luck-based. Let's consider this:

the unpromoted enemies, like vykan said, move based on the RNG.

2- Enemy biorythm is random and makes every hit fluctuate between 60-80. Whiffing a single hit in the lowest rout strategy will cost a turn or more.

3- Wrath.

4- 2 Brigands spawn in turn 7 or 8 and are unavoidable since you can't rout before then. In order to lure them sucessfully and well, you need Heather and only I have her. If they proc too much def, they can take from 3 turns to 4 turns to kill because their def has high variance.

5- The boss area is re.tar.ded. The enemies next to the boss aren't doubled by Nephenee and are 3HKO'd by Brom. Heather is lol. One of them has a Javelin, so Brom is a bad option to go there. But Nephenee is completely unreliable there because once you attack the Javelin soldier, the boss and the other soldier attack you too. If you use Brom, you take ages to kill the boss and the javelin might not even die in time thanks to Vulnerary chugging and then the boss dies and you fail to rout.

6- The Myrmidons don't move about 50% of the time.

7- The Armor's guarding the entrance to the boss area can have AS fluctuating from 13 to 15. You want 13 so that Neph can double them and the other must have 14 to be doubled after a level (or 15 with a str spd proc)

8- Even Heather is inconsistent as she sometimes just full moves up and sometimes she kills the priest near her.

Not so much a problem with FE10 as with 2-1. That map gave me so much grief I put my rout draft off for a year...so yeah, I'd agree with PKL that it should be free up to maybe 13 turns. And I, too, was the one with Heather. It's a very infuriating map, especially in a draft like this.

Host said: "Yeah I'm not going to make it free. Wrecks the gimmick of the draft if its free.

If that means you drop out then so be it."

Idk why it would "wreck" the gimmick of the draft. All the other maps are rout and this one could also be rout while being free. Also, if anyone loses something out of making it free, its the guy with Heather, and guess who has her? I really don't understand. No one is even in 2-1 yet except me.

I just don't really understand why 3-P is free for a certain amount of turns but we can't make 2-1 free for *blank* turns.

However, it is Palutena's decision in the end, we'll just have to make due with what we can.

Yeah, 3-P is less bad than 2-1 seriously. But I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

If it doesn't go to free to some extent at least I'm probably going to drop out.

I actually am on that map on another PT (HM but meh) and it's the most annoying thing ever.

:/

3-P being free at all is a joke. It's just not that bad of a map, and nowhere near as frustrating as 2-1. I did it in 7 turns with just Ike and Titania. Even an Ike solo should be able to get 9 turns with little to no luck manipulation.

This apparent idea that 3-P is worth being made free but making 2-1 free would "ruin" the gimmick of the draft makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

1-6-1 4 (37)

I buy a bunch of forges for Sothe and give him Adept, because Adept!Sothe is so good.

Nolan goes up, Sothe goes left and adepts/crits some armors. It took me so long to beat this chapter because I forgot Adept was a thing. Miccy lures and kills a soldier. After Nolan levels up, I promote him mid map. Once the peggy reinforcements show up on the right side, I have Miccy hide in the corner so that they only target Brolan. Then I do some rigging with Sothe so that he kills the two armors at the end of the map.

1-6-2 7 (44)

Sothe and Miccy go left, Nolan goes right. Turn 2 EP Miccy Thani-bombs some cavs with support bonuses from Sothe helping her dodge, levels up and gets an amazing level, with defense!! Again! On turn 4 I send Sothe right to the boss area where he uses a forge that can kill most of the enemies except for the boss and one other cav (I think?) Turn 4 EP most of the enemies suicide onto Sothe and Laverton gets healed by the cleric after getting damaged. Turn 5 I have Sothe kill the healer and I put Miccy into Laverton's range (but outside of the range of the ballista) and unequip her. She can tank his hit because of 9 DEFENSE. Nolan just wrecks shit on the right side, no real problems there, as the NPCs actually took out the myrm that Nolan had shaky hit rates on. I have Miccy heal and bait Laverton until Sothe clears out the boss area. I think I could have actually 6-turned this if I didn't have Sothe chug a vulnerary, but he would have had to dodge-tank a lot in order to deal with a majority of the map without healing once. This chapter sux.

Micaiah 10.73 HP 18 Str 4 Mag 15 Skl 11 Spd 12 Lck 17 Def 9 Res 12

Sothe 6.12 HP 39 Str 21 Mag 7 Skl 22 Spd 23 Lck 17 Def 16 Res 9

Nolan 17.--/1.96 HP 32 Str 20 Mag 3 Skl 15 Spd 19 Lck 13 Def 12 Res 8

I don't think I've ever had a Miccy with this kind of defense. Its actually pretty sweet.

Edited by Mar Mar

Host said: "Yeah I'm not going to make it free. Wrecks the gimmick of the draft if its free.

If that means you drop out then so be it."

Idk why it would "wreck" the gimmick of the draft. All the other maps are rout and this one could also be rout while being free. Also, if anyone loses something out of making it free, its the guy with Heather, and guess who has her? I really don't understand. No one is even in 2-1 yet except me.

Why don't you just clear the chapter and treat it as free?

Also, where in the thread DoofDoof said "2-1 is not free"?

OP doesn't say that it's free. That sort of implies that it isn't.

What I meant is that one thing is that the OP doesn't say it isn't free because at the first moment of creating the thread, perhaps, 2-1 wasn't considered as such a problem as now, perhaps it was ignored, just saiyan; but another thing is defining a stance before the particular subject after peep realize it really is annoying for even regular drafts. Edited by Quintessence

I agree with Quint and PKL. 2-1 is free for 10 turns in the "really bad idea" draft, and it doesn't ruin the gimmick of that draft. If anything, I figure it would make more sense to make it free here than in that draft, as the AI of the generic enemies actually affects the TC pretty significantly if it would make some people consider quiting the draft.