Semi-Precious Mafia - Mafia wins!

eclipse

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you're claiming that people are refusing to consider that you might be town and yet you're doing the same exact thing as me.

I considered you a null read the whole game, and changed my stance after rereading things. You OTOH, stated I was scummy without having any prior scum reads on me and voted me because you found my reason for voting you scummy. Do you honestly not see how anyone would take that badly? While people have ignored some of my arguments entirely, I don't see how that applies to you (if you'd like to share something I've missed, go ahead...).

Fuck it, I'll claim.

I was vanilla, and my role said it would change after 3 townies got killed. So after Marth flipped, I became watcher. That's why I was so sure that there was a ninja, because town already had a tracker and now a watcher.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I changed from a null read on you to a scum read on you because things you were doing seemed scummy to me? *gasp* how dare I?

Also, tracker/watcher does not assure a ninja, and that's still pure rolespec.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you're claiming that people are refusing to consider that you might be town and yet you're doing the same exact thing as me.

Elie: We have one claim of roleblocked so far. SB, N1. There was the possibility of it being kirsche gravedigging, but WW claims that he saw kirsche going no where, which indicates that there's another roleblock somewhere.

You know, WW could be lying.

Or another hooker exists (or if we are gonna rolespec into oblivion, maybe scum has a Jack with a hook. Not like those are unheard of).

Or a passive role/idling player was hooked.

There's a lot to consider in this, and unfortunately with nothing to go on except for SB's word, maybe he could be lying too. Who knows at this point.

With Refa's insistence that a Ninja exists, it may be role-related and his claim will clear things up.

I have some points to get to, and I just got to my computer.

Before I respond to stuffs :O

*gasp* how dare I?

I lol'd

Also, tracker/watcher does not assure a ninja, and that's still pure rolespec.

This is a true point. It's reasonable to understand where the idea comes from though, scorri. As much as you can say "Hey that's rolespec", if Refa is indeed town Vanilla->Watcher, he has valid reason to at least consider a Ninja existing.

Wait, I changed from a null read on you to a scum read on you because things you were doing seemed scummy to me? *gasp* how dare I?

HOW DARE YOU

But really, I believe it looks bad on you when you've done nothing to prove that you're town, and after I've found several scummy things (you claim my case is bad, but you have never cited specific points of it, so that one can see exactly what is so bad about it) about you, proceed to vote me in response.

And I don't believe this is purely because you find me scummy. If that was the case, why didn't you respond to any of Shin's (valid) objections against your vote, yet you've responded to each of mine? IMO your actions seem more like defensive scum rather than a townie scumhunting.

Also, for the record in case someone does hammer me, this is how I'm looking at people right now.

Leaning Scum

scorri- I will reread to see if any of the objections regarding my case are valid.

Bard- I don't like how he's been picking at mistakes (not just mine, basically everyone's) all game, whilst ignoring town contributions. I'll write more on him later.

Null

Shin- I really do not know what to think of him.

Leaning Town

SB- Done a good job scumhunting, not really detecting any glaring issues with his posts at present.

Elieson- If SB's role is what I think it is, I'm feeling a lot better about him. Plus after bearclaw left, he's been posting a lot of higher quality stuff.

Wayward Winds- I do agree that his last few posts have been lacking in reads and have been kind of waffly but...I know that's bad, but I'm not really seeing the scum intent in any of his posts. Still, the fact that he's taking no stances really bothers me.

Ok, so here's the thing. Here's your case on me:

BBM found me scummy because of being defensive (which you don't agree with) but then BBM died and so that makes me look scummy because he found me suspicious. Then, Marth found me scummy and that makes me look scummy, you don't like the fact that I was starting to get suspicious of BBM so that makes me scummy (about the only comment that's actually about *me*, not scum!spec), kirsche found me scummy so that must be scum distancing, and Shin accused me of distancing and then I voted Shin so I must be scum because this is an OMGUS even though you don't even try to explain why my logic is bad.

So here's why your case on me is bad:

Most of it is based off of making assumptions of how scum would act with their nightkills and then two points about me that you don't try to explain how they're scummy, at least at first. You may have explained more after being pushed, but from this first post, that's what I'm seeing. You then go into ninja spec, assuming that since WW claims to have seen me going no where and your role that scum has a ninja and that maybe I'm that ninja, so that makes me scummier. You keep saying that I'm defending myself and ignoring the parts where I found kirsche scummy, where I find Shin scummy, where I found you scummy.

You're massively tunneling on me, your case is flawed, the only people you find scummy are the people who find you scummy (which is something that you found scummy about me), and you're focusing more on rolespec than anything else at this point. That's why I think you're scummy.

Refa, if you can't take it that people might see your actions as scum, this may not be the game for you. I'm not even going to respond to your post up there because no one is interested in quote wars and I'm already dead set on you.

Plus after bearclaw left, he's been posting a lot of higher quality stuff.

One post, and the rest of the townread is due to rolespec. And you wonder why people might not find you credible.

Elieson- If SB's role is what I think it is, I'm feeling a lot better about him. Plus after bearclaw left, he's been posting a lot of higher quality stuff.

One post on takeover, and a couple of comments on this inexplicable ninja business. That doesn't really look like a 'lot' of stuff. He's also failed to respond to most of the questions directed his way. And what is SB's role? He never gave any indication; were you just playing follow the leader?

Wayward Winds- I do agree that his last few posts have been lacking in reads and have been kind of waffly but...I know that's bad, but I'm not really seeing the scum intent in any of his posts. Still, the fact that he's taking no stances really bothers me.

Wait, what? That gives the impression I'm scum, even if I'm 'not giving off scum intent'. What the heck is this doing in 'leaning town'? Again, what makes you so sure? Still nothing more than 'look at your last post', which doesn't actually explain anything..

Now I am suspicious. But there's really no point dropping the hammer with 15 min to go. So I'm just going to address a couple of other things.

@SB: I tracked Scorri because, frankly, I was fed up with this continuing arguement that she was mafia based mainly on early game stuff. I was trying to get some form of insight either way. Bear may have been the priority target, but that also indicated he'd be a more obvious target for others to investigate. Hardly worth wasting a track if others would go after the same. Of course, this was before Bluedoom and the reveal that we do in fact have vanillas.

And why did you briefly consider Bear Town? I've yet to spot anything to account for that shift. Elieson's better, but he's still a little light on content.

Flipping heck, 7.55 already typing on a phone is slow.

I thought DA BEAR was town due to suspected night actions. This doesn't mean investigation results. I realized later that I suddenly jumped to one conclusion that might not be correct, so I backed down a bit. Out of time.

Phase end, and the damn room is spinning again.

Dear Refa,

You hold a Crystal Quartz. You are not the best at keeping secrets, and this stone is a nifty reflection of that.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with Night X - Scry on PLAYER You will see all people who visited PLAYER that night.

*snip*

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

It is now Night 3! Night 3 ends on 10/14 at 10 PM HST (10/15 at 8 AM GMT). Phase ends early if I get all actions in early.

Edited by eclipse

After the frustration that was the previous day, you wake up to an even worse scene. Black powder decorates scorri's corpse. Her role PM is pinned to the wall.

Dear scorri,

You hold a chunk of Obsidian. You're the stereotypical workaholic with no friends, so a black stone is a natural extension of this.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with Night X - Imprison PLAYER. This will do the following:

- All actions targeting PLAYER will fail

- PLAYER's action will fail

- PLAYER may not post in the thread the next day

- If it's MYLO/LYLO, PLAYER may elect to vote via role PM; otherwise, they don't get to vote

*snip*

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The mysterious voice, which had greeted eleven of you, booms out the following message:

"Today's lynch is of great importance. Lynch incorrectly, and it may very well end this debacle!"

You're not quite sure of what to make of this, so the remaining survivors start talking. . .

It is now Day 4! Day 4 ends on 10/17 at 9:00 PM (10/18 at 7:00 AM). Today is potential LYLO. Have at it!

I've already claimed, so no objections here.

Unless Scorri's ability didn't protect its target from the mafia nightkill, I don't think she used it on N1. Everyone posted on D2, so BBM was the only possible target. And he was the nightkill. So either;

1) It didn't stop the nightkill, in which case SB likely targetted BBM that night.

2) It didn't get used, in which case we have yet another role blocking... role, SB targetted a commuter, or SB was lying.

Just something to keep in mind before claims start happening (and that logic has nothing to do with my own tracker role).

OK, I'm pretty sure scum have a strongman amongst their ranks or someone decided to block me. I'm a rather bizarre doctor, I can keep protecting people until I actually save someone then it's used up. I actually targeted scorri last night, for all the good it seems to have done.

@WW, I don't really get what you're saying? scorri might not even had have a role at that point. There's also the chance of a strongkill. Everyone who I've targetted this game is still alive at any rate.

Shin claimed doc... eh. What are the rest of your night targets?

I just want to say that's an awful role scorri had. "Remove someone from the game" is an instant-deny button for someone in the game to be playing and I don't think the mod really understood how devastating it can be for someone to be forced to sit out a Day Phase.

Outside of that.

I'm OK with claiming after Protown SK. I did act tonight, but I'm not sure what kind of effect it has had. Did anyone target Shin tonight?

-Strongman (Active) aka "Hitman"

Kills (typically scum's factional kill) will bypass protection.

...Mafia having a strongman would make sense. It supports Shin's wierd doctor claim, and it would also allow Scorri to have targetted BBM on N1 and yet still have him killed off. But that wouldn't explain SB's 'all of my targets are still alive'. How many smegging roleblockers can one game have?!?

And on the other hand, it also makes a Doctor useless against nightkills until said strongman is removed. That almost makes the game a little unbalanced IMO, unless we got lucky in our lynching/BBM's oracle skill. Would Eclipse have made that decision?

...I'm going to stop there. Trying to second guess the game mod. is an exercise in futility.

@WW, I don't really get what you're saying? scorri might not even had have a role at that point.

...And yes, I forgot about that mechanic. I think I'm going to hold off playing another game after this one until I've lurk-watched a few others; my knowledge is stupidly lacking here!

Elieson, you're up on the claim front!