Your preferred difficulty for Fire Emblem?

Knight

79 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred Difficulty?

• Easiest difficulty available
    • Always Normal
    • Mostly Normal, but I have played some games on hard
    • I've been getting into playing harder difficulties
    • Always Hard (unless if it's not applicable)
    • Hard or Harder (Lunatic, Maniac, etc.)
    • What's a Fire Emblem? (wait, why are you here then?)
  2. 2. Check one of these.

• I always play easy or normal before getting into harder difficulties
    • Always start on harder difficulties (except for your first games perhaps)
  3. 3. Why did the chicken cross the road?

• To get to the other side
    • How dare you question the chicken's motives!

What difficulty do you play when on a Fire Emblem game? I've recently started to find more enjoyment in harder difficulties, which I used to find daunting.

Normal to get the story and crap out of the way. Enjoy it first... though I have to admit Radiant Dawn was a kick in the pants even on normal because I was so used to playing Sacred Stones difficulty.

I got into playing harder difficulties recently from jumping from Normal to Lunatic in FE13, even though I died countless times. I'm thinking of replaying hard modes of the earlier games I played now.

I play the easiest difficulty first to get a feel for the game, then slowly move my way up to what translates as the normal difficulty, then do the hard difficulty. If the game has Lunatic or anything higher, I won't bother with attempting it since hard is usually as high as I'm willing to go without losing my sanity.

lowest difficulty setting for my first run, partly because that tends to be the only option and partly because i'd like to enjoy the game first without worrying about the inevitable vicegrips applied to sensitive areas. after that it depends on the individual game and what i feel like doing at the time (for example, i admit with some shame i gravitate toward sticking with normal on FE11 solely because i like using Frey)

the only exception is FE13, where i went straight for hard because the demo made it pretty clear that normal would be downright tedious in its lack of challenge, the endless tutorial bombardment and too many commands being locked until they're explicitly taught by said tutorials. i think FE8 may have been an exception too but it's been years since my first run of it so i can't remember

PqroCcd.png

ASDF. Gamble, Absolute Hit, and Vantage+.

I know usually that -5% to hit doesn't make much difference on *YOUR* units, but that 5% makes a HUGE difference when he's using an axe and has low skill with a weapon triangle disadvantage in the first place. And then that gets thrown out the window with 100% hit. And the +10 crit bonus. Add Vantage+ to say "I will always have a chance to insta kill you for *EVERY* move you make".

Maybe it's the masochist in me or something... but yeah. There's no reward but frustration... and yet I still go for it.

I usually go with whatever is the middle difficulty. Sometimes I'll pick the harder difficulties to give myself a challenge. PoR, I normally pick hard since the U.S. version removed maniac for whatever reason.

Whatever's hardest and immediately available. I do that for all games. Although I haven't played fe12/13 yet so I dont know if I'm going to go luna+/reverse lunatic on my first attempt...(could be fun to log though)

I don't really have a problem with restarting or puzzling over maps to get results I'm happy with. I don't really LTC though, just try to go at a reasonable pace.

Edited by Irysa

I went normal mode for a long time, but lately I've changed my preference to hard mode.

Lunatic mode is a mode that I will never try, simply because I don't think a cheating enemy is all that fun to play against.

Normal to get the story and crap out of the way. Enjoy it first... though I have to admit Radiant Dawn was a kick in the pants even on normal because I was so used to playing Sacred Stones difficulty.

I got into playing harder difficulties recently from jumping from Normal to Lunatic in FE13, even though I died countless times. I'm thinking of replaying hard modes of the earlier games I played now.

pretty much this 100%

Dependent on the game.

Whatever's hardest and immediately available. I do that for all games. Although I haven't played fe12/13 yet so I dont know if I'm going to go luna+/reverse lunatic on my first attempt...(could be fun to log though)

I don't really have a problem with restarting or puzzling over maps to get results I'm happy with. I don't really LTC though, just try to go at a reasonable pace.

You actually have to unlock both of those first.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Hard or Harder. I love me some FE12 Maniac Lunatic and Lunatic'.

I always play in the higher difficulties first run or if ive heard (like FE13) that the loony is dumb, I play the middle one (Hard). I like my first playthrough to have some degree of challenge to it, thank you very much.

And

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE CHICKEN's MOTIVES?

Normal. FE throws enough unexpected stuff on the first playthrough and hides growths, promotions, and basically a whole lot unless you want to scour the internet for answers. Even then, I don't want to have to be forced to use the better characters to get through the game.

Normal the first time through. Then ill consider the harder modes. RD is the only game i go Easy Mode on. I play Awakening exclusively on Hard though.

That chicken just wanted a donut. Honestly.