Was this the reason fe6 wasn't localized post fe7

No. If that were an issue for NoA it could have easily been removed during localization.

If I had to bet on why FE6 was never localized, it's probably just because NoA had too much on their plate to worry about localizing some niche game from over a year and a half ago(relative to when FE7 was released.)

it would make them look stupid if they did. objectively, fe7 is way more refined than fe6 because it was made a lot later.

I doubt that was the reason. Being "unrefined" didn't stop them localizing FE11. Really the most likely thing was that it was just too late for them to bother with localizing.

I doubt that was the reason. Being "unrefined" didn't stop them localizing FE11. Really the most likely thing was that it was just too late for them to bother with localizing.

... What's wrong with FE11's "unrefined"-ness? It doesn't feel unrefined, it just feels unbalanced and the map designs are dumb and outdated.

Edited by Agro

You forget Gheb's "thorough interrogation" of Tana in FE8. Narcian could be taking Clarine as a wife for all we know; any matter of sexual slavery is an inference on your part.

Touché, though it still would spark outrage if Narshen wanted to marry Clarine, as she's like 15. (Then again, what's she doing fighting in a war)

Touché, though it still would spark outrage if Narshen wanted to marry Clarine, as she's like 15. (Then again, what's she doing fighting in a war)

14 years old marriage is okay in FE

A localized game told me so

15 years old is not that young for medieval marriages.

Heck, my sister's friend's mother was 14 when she got married.

Edited by BigBadMarshmallow

I don't think it was confirmed, but it's possible NOA were starting to localise FE6, but then FE7 popped up and they thought it was way better and newbie friendly and thus shifted their resources onto FE7.

And yet there was no outrage over Darin wanting to marry Priscilla in FE7, even though Priscilla was about 16 and Darin was at least old enough to be her father.

Nino x Jaffar

We don't know how long after FE7 they got married, do we? Nino might have been 20 by then for all we know. And in any case, Jaffar certainly couldn't have gotten Nino pregnant with Lugh and Raigh until she was 20 or 21.

Edited by Paper Jam

Jaffar frequently had hours-long love-making sessions with Nino while they were still in Eliwood/Hector's army. It's canon, look it up.

Nothing of the sort can be found in their supports (http://serenesforest.net/fe7/support/066.html) or in their paired ending: "They were married after the conflict and were gifted with twin boys. Their time in Pherae was happy until bounty hunters came for Jaffar. To protect his family, he disappeared. Nino vanished in search of him."

And what other canon is there?

The support ending doesn't say how long after the conflict they got married and had twins, but deductive reasoning proves that the twins came a good seven years later (i.e. not immediately after the conflict), so it's possible that the marriage wasn't immediately after the conflict either.

And here is the aforementioned deductive reasoning:

Premise 1: Nino was 14 in FE7.

Premise 2: Lugh and Raigh were 13 in FE6.

Premise 3: FE6 took place 20 years after FE7.

Premise 4: 14-13+20=21

Conclusion: Nino was 21 when she gave birth to Lugh and Raigh, or 7 years older than she was in FE7.

Edited by Paper Jam

And yet there was no outrage over Darin wanting to marry Priscilla in FE7, even though Priscilla was about 16 and Darin was at least old enough to be her father.

We don't know how long after FE7 they got married, do we? Nino might have been 20 by then for all we know. And in any case, Jaffar certainly couldn't have gotten Nino pregnant with Lugh and Raigh until she was 20 or 21.

But Darin was never in the position to force Pricila to marry him. Clarine, on the other hand, was Narshen's prisoner.