What's wrong with Trickster?

People keep saying that trickster is the worst class in the game, but I dont see how? They have some pretty good magic/strength to use Levin swords, and their dodge is good too. Anna as Trickster is just awesome, but what about the class in general? It gets swords and staves, so why would this class suck?

It gets swords and staves, so why would this class suck?

I find that Valkyries and Sages are better at healing, and Dark Knight's are better at using Levin Swords, both because of their better Magic growths. Therefore, I don't see why I should use a Trickster, apart from the sheer novelty value of using one.

It doesn't do anything that another class can't do better, basically.

Well, it can do Levin Swords better than any other sword classes(except Grandmaster and Dark Knight)

Anyway, here are some stats of Morgan in these 3 classes(Note:Avatar is +Speed -Luck)

Tharja!Morgan: Trickster

35 Str 41 Mag 47 Skl 49 Spd 42 Luck 32 Def 41 Res

Dark Knight:

38 Str 44 Mag 42 Skl 46 Spd 42 Luck 44 Def 39 Res

Grandmaster:

40 Str 43 Mag 42 Skl 46 Spd 42 Luck 42 Def 41 Red

Basically, Trickster is if you want staves and Skill+Speed, Grandmaster is if you want Strengt oriented Hybrid, and Dark Knight is Magic Oriented Hybrid. I think it's overall preference, so I wouldnt see any classes that suck.

It doesn't do anything that another class can't do better, basically.

Still, it's not something I'd find worse than Taguel or Sniper...

I find that Valkyries and Sages are better at healing, and Dark Knight's are better at using Levin Swords, both because of their better Magic growths. Therefore, I don't see why I should use a Trickster, apart from the sheer novelty value of using one.

Tricksters and DKs have the same Magic growths. Also, aside from Morgan, Anna and Avatar, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone with DK access who'd not have a hard time getting to C swords. Also, their skills aren't too bad, compared to some other classes *coughASSASSINhack*.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Sword-lock is a big one.

You're pretty much limited to Levin Swords for offense, which is a big downside.

True, but Tricksters can also support and aid allies, which evens out the downside. I would use Tricksters if only their Stength was a little higher, but i guess thats why most people say it sucks.

You literally just proved my point., and besides, can't war monks/battle clerics wield bolt axes pretty well?

Axes are different from swords, they have such low accuracy, and their skill isnt really that good.
Edited by AssassinSevera

What are they saying, Trickster is a great class. Thieving and staves are really useful, and Lucky Seven is a great class.

People who say this will mostly care about having OP units that 1RKO everything and never die.

What are they saying, Trickster is a great class. Thieving and staves are really useful, and Lucky Seven is a great skill.

People who say this will mostly care about having OP units that 1RKO everything and never die.

Fixed. I agree with you, Trickster is awesome, and Lucky Seven is one of my favorites. And if you just want more Strength or something, pair them up with a berserker or something and give them Swordfaire/Luna/Ignis/Astra/etc.

You literally just proved my point., and besides, can't war monks/battle clerics wield bolt axes pretty well?

There's only one Bolt Axe in the game (besides the one from Renown), and it isn't gotten until late. Other than that, you either have to go through a 4 star DLC chapter or buy from one specific SpotPass team.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Well, yeah...point is, it's sort of silly to refer to a class in this game as "bad" to begin with. They're all workable thanks to Pair Ups and skills you get.

The bad thing is their sword-lock, yeah...that could be workable but you'd have to base them on Levin Swords if they're rather Mag-based (like Anna, Henry, Gangrel somewhat)...

Well, yeah...point is, it's sort of silly to refer to a class in this game as "bad" to begin with. They're all workable thanks to Pair Ups and skills you get.

The bad thing is their sword-lock, yeah...that could be workable but you'd have to base them on Levin Swords if they're rather Mag-based (like Anna, Henry, Gangrel somewhat)...

It doesnt matter about Sword-Locked, just give them Lancebreaker or something. And they could equip Levin Swords against high defense units and Brave Sword against high resistance units. Rescue and Fortify/Psychic are really good, making Tricksters even better.

Tricksters have low strength. If you want a physical staff using class, you're better off using a Falcon Knight for the move and flight and likelihood of having Galeforce or a War Monk for the all around better stats and superior weapon type.

Ingame almost every available Trickster (Vaike, Gaius, Kellam, Lon'qu) has shit magic. The exceptions are Anna, who's admittedly OK and Henry, who has to go through the trouble of training both swords and magic, two of the most tedious weapon ranks to train.

Postgame, Tricksters are shit. 35/45 str cap is really bad.

%

You what I think is a crappy class? Assassins...they may give out great bonuses (Str/Skill/Spd), but as a class itself, I don't think they have much going for them. While Bows are great in Lunatic+, outside of it, they're rather mediocre as usual...it's not like they're as hard-hitting as Warriors or even Snipers, and it just locks them to 1-range.

Lethality is a terrible skill thanks to it's activation rate. And Pass...it's decent, but I really would've preferred it to be a lvl. 5 skill, rather than having to wait for it alot.

Because reclassing exists.

Trickster has great skills which are just better on other classes. If skills were locked to the classes you get them from then Trickster would be a little more appealing.

sniper.png

general.png

it's not like they're as hard-hitting as Warriors or even Snipers

Assassins actually have MORE Str than Snipers and they have the same strength cap.

Anyways bad skills sets mean nothing thanks to reclassing. An Assassin with the same skillset as a Trickster is almost always considered a better choice, unless you're using an extremely niche set of skills.

Tricksters have low strength. If you want a physical staff using class, you're better off using a Falcon Knight for the move and flight and likelihood of having Galeforce or a War Monk for the all around better stats and superior weapon type.

Ingame almost every available Trickster (Vaike, Gaius, Kellam, Lon'qu) has shit magic. The exceptions are Anna, who's admittedly OK and Henry, who has to go through the trouble of training both swords and magic, two of the most tedious weapon ranks to train.

Postgame, Tricksters are shit. 35/45 str cap is really bad.

%

The children characters could have both good strength and magic, which makes them better than Anna/Henry. And just the right mix of parents can get you an awesome Trickster.

+Speed -Defense

Tharja!Morgan Trickster

40 Str 42 Mag 47 Skl 45 Spd 42 Luck 31 Def 40 Res Thats Pretty Awesome

Now thats only a Second Gen Morgan, imagine a Third Gen Morgan.

You what I think is a crappy class? Assassins...they may give out great bonuses (Str/Skill/Spd), but as a class itself, I don't think they have much going for them. While Bows are great in Lunatic+, outside of it, they're rather mediocre as usual...it's not like they're as hard-hitting as Warriors or even Snipers, and it just locks them to 1-range.

Lethality is a terrible skill thanks to it's activation rate. And Pass...it's decent, but I really would've preferred it to be a lvl. 5 skill, rather than having to wait for it alot.

That's silly, assassins is one of the best classes in this game.
Edited by AssassinSevera