Worst Fire Emblem game?

Espinosa

Worst FE  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Which FE game do you like the least?

• Dark Dragon and Sword of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Sword of Seals
    • Blazing Sword
    • The Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • Awakening

Several users have expressed the belief in another thread that what people view to be the least balanced FE game is also respective persons' least favoured game in the series.

I couldn't find a poll that would be looking for this kind of information specifically, even though we've had plenty of topics where we tiered the games from best to worst. You can also use this thread to emphasise which of the recent games you do not like even if they're generally more appealing than the first innovative titles that haven't stood the test of time. e.g. you want to make it known that you have a thing against Sacred Stones or Awakening or whatever else but cannot stand playing more than a few minutes of the Famicom games, then there would be some merit to stressing your dislike for an already developed series than compare the latest games with the ancient titles.

Any related discussions are welcome, as per usual.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all's said and done, I enjoy replaying through Binding Blade the least.

FE13's plot may be absolutely GARBAGE but I still enjoyed the gameplay, even though it's unbalanced as all hell. The same can't be said for FE6. It's boring to me. Not bad but not interesting. The plot is the same. Boring. It doesn't get me ranting unlike how I can about the truly awful plot of FE13.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Gaiden was the one that I've played that I enjoyed the least, I guess. I don't usually think about worsts.

Edited by Integrity

I think maybe it might also be a good idea to include a poll for favourite FE? One of my least favourite FEs is probably SD, which isn't very balanced at all, but my favourite FE is probably Path of Radiance, which isn't balanced particularly well either from what I understand. So balance doesn't necessarily impact which games I've enjoyed or not.

Edited by shinpichu

for people in this thread who will think that FE6 is boring, i implore you to think critically for a second. FE4, FE11, and FE12 have the same monotonic lord-seizes-all-the-castles objective gameplay. at least FE6 has the rescuing mechanic to spice things up.

My least favorite FE is Sword of Seals and I also consider it the most unbalanced game in the series. Sue me Dondon :P

I don't enjoy it: too much siege magic, status staves galore, terrible chars, huge maps, hitrates, etc just bring it down. I'm sure Gaiden would be my least favorite FE if I played it though...

Part of me wants to vote the first FE or its DS remake. But instead, I've opted to go with the one with laughable difficulty, a meh storyline that has perspective-based plot holes, forgettable characters, and a main villain (who is by the way, the final boss) with literally no backstory.

Edited by Just call me Al

Part of me wants to vote the first FE or its DS remake. But instead, I've opted to go with the one with laughable difficulty, a meh storyline that has perspective-based plot holes, forgettable characters, and a main villain (who is by the way, the final boss) with literally no backstory.

Oh no you didn't.

Anybody who doesn't vote FE1 is wrong.

Archaic mechanics. That is all.

I voted FE3, does that count? :p

Haven't played FE1, but FE3 Book 1 has the (dis)honour of being one of the few FE games I've had no motivation to finish.

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

shadow dragon

ugh

did i mention fe11?

So Awakening then?

for people in this thread who will think that FE6 is boring, i implore you to think critically for a second. FE4, FE11, and FE12 have the same monotonic lord-seizes-all-the-castles objective gameplay. at least FE6 has the rescuing mechanic to spice things up.

That isn't what I find boring though. The plot being a rehash of FE1/Book1/11, and an extremely bland main character though.

Meh.

FE7.

I don't like it.

It bores me to death for some reason and I have to force myself against my will to play it.

I also dislike a vast majority of the cast, so that doesn't help.

It also has Lyn, which doesn't help anything.

FE1. Admittedly, it's one of the 2 FE games I've not played but the only other one it can compare to is FE Gaiden which had improvements on things like animations, variety of classes, enemies, magic, etc. If it's limited to just games I've played, then FE3 Book 1 which is essentially FE1 with FE3 graphics.