[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

You were waiting for me? Aw, thanks, SL. ^^

But nah, you guys don't need my friend safari. You already have at least one Ghost type. xP (another friend of mine told me that my safari is Ghost types. So lame...)

But I'm back and can battle in a bit if anyone wants. :) But just remember that I don't use any Pokemon that can mega evolve (yet) and I haven't beaten the game. So a battle set to lv. 50 will do.

Sure I'm up for it. My friend code is in my signature

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter to me, but let's just do single. :P

GG!

Just an fyi, Mega Absol has the ability "magic bounce" which reflects all status moves back to the user. This means that if I stayed in with it, you would've toxic'd your own Bellossom

GG!

Just an fyi, Mega Absol has the ability "magic bounce" which reflects all status moves back to the user. This means that if I stayed in with it, you would've toxic'd your own Bellossom

I was supposed to know that how? xP

Anyway, I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy the battle. Not because I lost, but because you used mega evolution when I stated that I don't. I was hoping this would imply that I don't want to battle an opponent that will use it right now. Sorry for not being clear.

I didn't expect to win anyway, because I usually never do, but yeah.

I was supposed to know that how? xP

Anyway, I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy the battle. Not because I lost, but because you used mega evolution when I stated that I don't. I was hoping this would imply that I don't want to battle an opponent that will use it right now. Sorry for not being clear.

I didn't expect to win anyway, because I usually never do, but yeah.

I'm presuming you didn't look at any of the information GF officially released, because Mega Absol and it's ability was released. But no if you've never seen one in-game though then fair enough

I replied to your comment about this. Sorry again

Switch me to mostly competitive and always single. The reason for mostly competitive is that I have more pokemon to use now, am breeding pokemon for egg moves/heart scale collecting and I hope the switch will lead to more battle requests as I'm ready most of the time. I want always single battles cause I like the traditional fighting system and it's more convenient for me to control the flow of battle.

Just a sidenote. If anyone decides to gift me an O-Power when I'm online please only give me the egg hatching one. I don't have any need for money, exp ect.

I'm presuming you didn't look at any of the information GF officially released, because Mega Absol and it's ability was released. But no if you've never seen one in-game though then fair enough

I replied to your comment about this. Sorry again

That doesn't mean I actually checked it. lol But I'd never seen one in-game either. I apologize if I sounded rude at all, either here or the comment.

That doesn't mean I actually checked it. lol But I'd never seen one in-game either. I apologize if I sounded rude at all, either here or the comment.

No it's alright. I should've realised. Would like to battle you again once you're further in the game and have unlocked more useful moves for your pokemon

No it's alright. I should've realised. Would like to battle you again once you're further in the game and have unlocked more useful moves for your pokemon

Are you telling me my moves suck? Thanks a lot.

Are you telling me my moves suck? Thanks a lot.

That's not what I meant. Considering you've got 7 badges you haven't got all the TMs yet and I'm presuming you haven't got any egg moves on your pokemon

From what I remember your Delphox it's pretty much set to go. Psyshock and flamethrower is basically all it needs in-game

Edited by DodgeDusk

That's not what I meant. Considering you've got 7 badges you haven't got all the TMs yet and I'm presuming you haven't got any egg moves on your pokemon

From what I remember your Delphox it's pretty much set to go. Psyshock and flamethrower is basically all it needs in-game

No, since I haven't bred any eggs, as the screen should've shown you. xP

I also said that I only do casual battling. I just don't have the time to make a competitive team.

I've been putting it off, but I'll go ahead and join this thread. My info is already in the OP under Waiting for Confirmation. For now, I wanna remain Casual, although after I get a team bred and ready, I might switch to competitive. Also, I'm mostly Singles, but if you challenge me to Doubles, I probably wouldn't decline. Anything else I'll definitely decline.

New change. Always 6 vs 6. I wanna get my money's worth when I battle someone. Also I want to change my preference from single pokemon to rotation. Rotation battles seem to fit people like me who want to think outside the box. If you request a single battle I will accept the vast majority of the time unless I'm doing something in game. Also I'm fine with myself and opponents using Pokemon of the same type so long as they aren't legendaries. For example Dragonite is my fave Pokemon and I'd love to paricipate in a battle where I get to use two of them at the same time(makes for a neat guessing game right?).

Edited by Gregosa

Updated the first post with more users and some more battles, mainly because of this:

I don't play ranked battles, since they make me feel inferior as I'm horrible at competitive battling, but I'm happy to know two people who are high ranked I guess. I'm rooting for you both; if you guys record any cool battles, put up the code so I can see. I want to study these and hopefully get just a little better at battling....

So don't take me as a megalomaniac, I'm just trying to share something who could be useful to watch. D;

Whenever I find some good battles with good tactics etc. I'll post it here.

I invite the others to do the same if possible. :)

And damn Fruity Insanity who got me in that double... haha! Well I still need to make a proper team for doubles >.<

Anyone for a single 6vs6?

fc is 3196-3322-3858 and in-game nick is Merca

Come at me, italian bro.

My friend code is in the first post.

Edit: WOW! That was an awesome battle!! My compliments.

Can I share it? I really enjoyed it and the competitive level was high too.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

yeah of course

that talonflame was seriously irritating btw, guess I have to put extreme speed on lucario instead of bullet punch <_<

Yeah, it's what I was going to suggest you. Also Extremespeed has the same battle power as Bullet Punch with Adaptability.

What I didn't understand is why you switched you +2 Atk Lucario away from my gengar. I mean, you could 1HKO me with Crunch, and maybe also with Bullet Punch.

Anyway there were a lot of predictions and stuff, it was an intense battle. It's a shame I wasn't able to see your Delphox in action because of that critical hit.

I wasn't expecting an Heliolisk with Choice Scarf, but I tried to get advantage of the move lock as soon as I realized it (aka when you outspeeded my Timid Greninja at the beginning).

Here it is, anyway: PUHG-WWWW-WWW2-5DSD

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Yeah, it's what I was going to suggest you. Also Extremespeed has the same battle power as Bullet Punch with Adaptability.

What I didn't understand is why you switched you +2 Atk Lucario away from my gengar. I mean, you could 1HKO me with Crunch, and maybe also with Bullet Punch.

Anyway there were a lot of predictions and stuff, it was an intense battle. It's a shame I wasn't able to see your Delphox in action because of that critical hit.

Not sure but i think that adaptability Bullet Punch is SLIGHTLY stronger that Extreme Speed. Whatever. <_<

Wasn't Reflect up back then? Also non-speed boosting nature MegaLucario is slower than +speed nature Gengar, and since most Gengar actually are Timid and have Focus Blast in their movepool, I preferred to send Clawitzer. But then it turned out that Gengar had Thunderbolt. x_x

And damn Fruity Insanity who got me in that double... haha! Well I still need to make a proper team for doubles >.<

I was lucky. Well, maybe not, but my team was made for Double Battle combat, while yours was made for Single Battle, so that makes a huge difference. Anyway, I'd better grind at the Battle Watchamacallit for BP.

Not sure but i think that adaptability Bullet Punch is SLIGHTLY stronger that Extreme Speed. Whatever. <_<

Wasn't Reflect up back then? Also non-speed boosting nature MegaLucario is slower than +speed nature Gengar, and since most Gengar actually are Timid and have Focus Blast in their movepool, I preferred to send Clawitzer. But then it turned out that Gengar had Thunderbolt. x_x

Oh I see it now.

Indeed I don't have Focus Blast in my moveset. I thought it was redundant, mainly because Steel doesn't resist Ghost now. And I hate that 70% accuracy...

You were right anyway, I didn't calculate the Reflect in it.

I think that Adaptability makes STAB moves get 100% more damage instead of only 50%? In that case, 40 -> 80, like Extremespeed.

I was lucky. Well, maybe not, but my team was made for Double Battle combat, while yours was made for Single Battle, so that makes a huge difference. Anyway, I'd better grind at the Battle Watchamacallit for BP.

Also my Klefki is casual

go mah boy. Grind those BP and get a nice Assault Vest for that Metagross! I seriously hated you when you got an atk boost from Meteor Mash. XDD

Edited by Alfred Kamon

BP has 40 power, 80 with Adaptability. Extremespeed is a flat 80 power, and also resides in a higher priority bracket than BP. Aside from potential SE coverage and PP, Extremespeed is strictly a stronger priority move.