Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

Also I don't get Poly's role at all. Can he expand? And what's his character? I don't understand why NNR would pick a role from a mafia game he never played in- unless he picked Kogasa and then Prims just gave him the exact role that character had in the original Touhou.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why shouldn't we lynch you?

who is your top scumspect?

why?

because I'm town

Grass. Other than that Bear.

Because he was roleblocked and there was no kill and it's the best explanation for it. I think bear's content has been poor pretty much all game and his voteswap at the end of the previous Day is mega bad

I dislike how Rein's only reason for wanting to lynch Grass, his top lynch candidate, is the word of his his second-highest lynch candidate. If you think there's such a good chance of Bear being scum, why are you saying that him hooking Grass is the most likely explanation of the no-kill?

Boron, if you were Governor and someone whom you were absolutely sure was town (other than yourself) was going to get lynched, would you use your role?

It is when they are ignoring facts to do so. I have repeatedly had to explain why Shinori's role both makes no sense for scum and is provable.

I get quite frustrated because in many games I will say things, be ignored, die, and people will continue to ignore me and then lose. This has happened multiple times: Volcanic, Touhou, RGBY (kind of but that was partially my fault for not shooting Mancer). Hell, we almost lost Kirby Mafia after I said that killing scorri would probably just get Shinori killed and then he lived to 3 man lylo and you guys lynched grass for some reason? Note how in all these games my top scumreads at the time of my death lived to endgame? I may not be the best at expressing myself and making my thoughts clear, but sometimes I feel like people read my posts and immediately forget what I said, because no one ever responds to my posts. They just ignore me. And it really, really makes me mad.

257,885,161 is the largest known prime number.

JUST SAYIN'

And no I wasn't shot or anything last night. Also I wish I had been on to talk to paper and/or bbm last night. I have something I want to say to paper or bbm but not in public.

Getting another post in a sec.

possibly related: Geez how the fuck long does a LoL game take before "getting another post in a sec". Paper, can you at least confirm that Shinori's algebraic puke was useful for something? To the rest of us, it makes Shinori look like a useless derp at this point.

Yeah sorry my other post honestly had depended on what I was saying in that algebraic puke. Also then I ended up going to raid in WoW, that was fun. >_>

Honestly something is pinging me about J00's post #1086. The first line quickly followed by his second line specifically annoys me and I'm honestly not sure what to think about this.

Do what to lynch Grass though at the moment.

##Vote: Grassbringer

eclipse keeps posting about how terrible her body is, and while that sucks for her I'm getting awfully tired of excuses. Are Shinori/PB your only scumreads right now considering they're the only ones bugging you?

When I wrote that, yes. It looks like the game went boom, so I need to read what happened.

As for my body/other stuff. . .yes, it sucks, but if I could find a way to be NOT sick, I'd do so in a heartbeat. Even if my role blows chunks, I can still be useful during the day.

Paperblade: you asked me earlier if my oracle went through godfather screens. Prims wouldn't confirm or deny, and knowing Prims I wouldn't count on it.

Anyway sorry for shouting before.

Reasons you shouldn't lynch me:

-I'm town.

-My role won't fully activate.

-top scumspect: Bear. If he was scum and the kill was saved or hooked or w/e, but he had the good luck to hook me, jumping on me immediately would be a great way to distract and throw all suspicion elsewhere. I know that his actions make sense from an earnest-town perspective too, but his refusal to consider alternate possibilities seems inflexible at best. Additionally his content has been all over the place. Other than Bear... haven't really looked too much at Poly, not too much to say except that Poly has been very forgettable--maybe on purpose? Rein was looking bad to me D2 but I haven't looked back at him yet. I guess I will later since I'm voting him and all, and it's either him or me, but I've got to sleep.

Holy shit you guys are dumb

So Elieson what were you doing last night

First part: NOT HELPFUL. I'm saying this as a forum mod.

If you guys want I can out the Doc so you'll stop whining about it, but somehow I think you'll just be more upset.

What the--NO. I'm inclined to lynch you simply to make the game more bearable for a lot of people. It's one thing to play, but quite another if you're pissing off multiple people.

You want sovereignty over your actions and don't have it due to the design of the game

Stop being a dick, and push scumreads as if you didn't have the setup in your hands. Especially the former.

This is the problem with any properly played OC game, I'm well aware of the issue

But if you're gonna be uncooperative because you don't like it you should sub out or we should just all quit now

I'm considering suiciding so that I can monitor this game as an impartial forum mod.

That's why I am saying you're being willfully ignorant, most people don't have a real argument as to how Shinori's role could be anti-town with facts that are publicly available

Because people can't lie about their roles?

It is when they are ignoring facts to do so. I have repeatedly had to explain why Shinori's role both makes no sense for scum and is provable.

I get quite frustrated because in many games I will say things, be ignored, die, and people will continue to ignore me and then lose. This has happened multiple times: Volcanic, Touhou, RGBY (kind of but that was partially my fault for not shooting Mancer). Hell, we almost lost Kirby Mafia after I said that killing scorri would probably just get Shinori killed and then he lived to 3 man lylo and you guys lynched grass for some reason? Note how in all these games my top scumreads at the time of my death lived to endgame? I may not be the best at expressing myself and making my thoughts clear, but sometimes I feel like people read my posts and immediately forget what I said, because no one ever responds to my posts. They just ignore me. And it really, really makes me mad.

Welcome to mafia. Yes, it sucks when people don't listen to you, but this gives you no right to be a dick to anyone. The best I can do is put my logic out, and hope that people connect the dots. See: Fakeclaim.

NOW, for the rest of the game. . .

it's pretty lame that we're basically lynching between whoever Paperblade thinks is scum, since I've been wanting to lynch you the whole game

I disagree. I'm going to do what I can, and if Paperblade isn't happy with that, he can deal with it using his role.

How is "This guy has been acting scummy and could be a survivor we better lynch him" good reasoning in any universe

false, I already listed outed roles that can prove specifically what kinds of items he has

"This guy is scummy" is good reasoning in every universe. You're also the one that prefers lynching third-parties. The only thing I think is even a question is the "could" part.

Boron, you're talking about how you're getting frustrated because we're not listening to you. Why aren't you understanding how frustrated we're getting because you're not listening to us? More than a quarter of the game's roles have some way to pass out items. The chances of at least one being scum are quite high. If Shinori was as well, he could create LPVs at least every other night, possibly quicker. You must realize how retardedly OP that is for an anti-town role to have. Your argument against this is just BUT HIS ACTIONS ARE SCUMMY.

Bearclaw I can somewhat understand at least because it's more of a meta argument for why he's town.

Also I'm busy and I keep getting distracted by shit.

Look. You want us to play, or do you want a mass modkill (if it's the latter, I'm going first)? I vote on ACTIONS, and that's all most of the game is privy to. Why in the everliving FUCK do you guys not get this?

because I'm town

Grass. Other than that Bear.

Because he was roleblocked and there was no kill and it's the best explanation for it. I think bear's content has been poor pretty much all game and his voteswap at the end of the previous Day is mega bad

This is a massive contradiction. Your top two scumspects require bear to hook his buddy.

Paperblade: you asked me earlier if my oracle went through godfather screens. Prims wouldn't confirm or deny, and knowing Prims I wouldn't count on it.

Anyway sorry for shouting before.

Reasons you shouldn't lynch me:

-I'm town.

-My role won't fully activate.

-top scumspect: Bear. If he was scum and the kill was saved or hooked or w/e, but he had the good luck to hook me, jumping on me immediately would be a great way to distract and throw all suspicion elsewhere. I know that his actions make sense from an earnest-town perspective too, but his refusal to consider alternate possibilities seems inflexible at best. Additionally his content has been all over the place. Other than Bear... haven't really looked too much at Poly, not too much to say except that Poly has been very forgettable--maybe on purpose? Rein was looking bad to me D2 but I haven't looked back at him yet. I guess I will later since I'm voting him and all, and it's either him or me, but I've got to sleep.

"Forgettable" is not on the list of words I'd use to describe Poly. "Lacking scumreads" is.

With that being said, Rein's lynch hinges on whether or not Kay was a kill target (ergo, clear), and whether or not bearclaw's hook stopped a kill. I think the latter case makes more sense, because Kay's been relatively inactive, and the weekend is fast approaching.

My vote is staying on Shinori because I'm not about to do votals to figure out whether or not voting Grassbridger would end up being a hammer, and because Shinori's done nothing to improve my read on him. Deal with it.

Because role is just as important as actions. And you guys are just as privy to why we don't want to lynch Shinori. If you had a cop clear, would you lynch them just because there is a chance they could be Godfather?

And yes, someone can lie about their role, but Shinori's is too provable to do that. If you guys REALLY WANT we could give him some shitty items and have him make an LPV and lynch him, but I think that'd be a waste.

And no, I don't think having to repeat myself several times to get across what should be a relatively simple point should be something I just have to accept about mafia, moreso than it should be something I have to accept about anything else (except maybe teaching).

I'm taking a break, see you guys Friday.

Because role is just as important as actions. And you guys are just as privy to why we don't want to lynch Shinori. If you had a cop clear, would you lynch them just because there is a chance they could be Godfather?

And yes, someone can lie about their role, but Shinori's is too provable to do that. If you guys REALLY WANT we could give him some shitty items and have him make an LPV and lynch him, but I think that'd be a waste.

If that person was acting like SCUM, then you bet they'd be on my lynch list.

Important Reminders:

- Just because mafia is a game about arguing doesn't mean being a jerk is okay.

- Stop encouraging people to sub out over game state rather than a legitimate reason (I won't accept these sub requests anyway. You committed to the game by signing up, tough it out).

- Modkilling yourself is literally never going to improve game state, ever, and is just going to make the mod hate you.

I will contemplate cancelling the game if people continue being dicks. I will definitely cancel the game if eclipse or anybody else self-modkills (unless somebody tries to intentionally invoke this, in which case I encourage people to blacklist them from joining mafia games).

E: This post probably sounds like it's exclusively aimed toward Paper but I've had other people IM me about being mad at mafia games, so no, it isn't, if that isn't clear.

Edited by Professional Mafia Player

Also, I prooooobably need a sub for Rocker if anybody outside of the playerlist even cares about this game. Didn't get his sub request until recently because Skype is weird (and told him he should try to tough it out since I probably can't get a sub but I dunno if he'll bother).

Edited by Professional Mafia Player

Tune in for BBC's next new hit drama, Choose You're Own Role Mafia. Starring award winners Paperblade, Boron and BBM.

quote]BEARCLAW you said your role was entirely flavour based before. I will not stop asking you for an explanation of that.

Why does this matter at all? I've said my role is flavour based and so have other people. Why are you pushing him over something which really doesn't matter? Isn't this basically flavourfishing which you spent most of D1 attacking Refa for?

I'm going to do what I can, and if Paperblade isn't happy with that, he can deal with it using his role.
My vote is staying on Shinori because I'm not about to do votals to figure out whether or not voting Grassbridger would end up being a hammer, and because Shinori's done nothing to improve my read on him. Deal with it.

+1 for both statements, except my vote is on Strege.

Was Kay's target on rein a full on hook? What's the deal with it because I'm confused.

As I understand it, she causes things targeted against her to fail and then takes their items, if she also targets them. So she'd block the kill only if Rein tried to kill her.

Rein, what does "gg self" even mean? Realizing that Bearclaw was the one who might have blocked the kill doesn't seem to have stopped you from still voting Grass.

@Eclipse- If you're going to always pay more attention to in-thread actions than roles, I have to ask you what Paperblade asked you- why even have games with roles then? This ticks me off especially from you because I remember that after Folgore Rangers you were sort of annoyed that most of the town roles in the game couldn't have caught me, and that I had to be caught pretty much only through scumhunting. Yet here when we have people who're most likely town because of role, you're disregarding what roles can do and are only paying attention to scumhunting.

Was Kay's target on rein a full on hook? What's the deal with it because I'm confused.

I was under the impression that if Kay's target chooses to target her as well, then Kay's target becomes hooked.

Also, I'm on my way to the airport, and it's raining like hell. My mother flies in from NY today, and it's Lexi's big trick or treat night, so I'm just announcing a potential drop in my activity for today only.

Oh hi insomnia.

Rein, what does "gg self" even mean? Realizing that Bearclaw was the one who might have blocked the kill doesn't seem to have stopped you from still voting Grass.

@Eclipse- If you're going to always pay more attention to in-thread actions than roles, I have to ask you what Paperblade asked you- why even have games with roles then? This ticks me off especially from you because I remember that after Folgore Rangers you were sort of annoyed that most of the town roles in the game couldn't have caught me, and that I had to be caught pretty much only through scumhunting. Yet here when we have people who're most likely town because of role, you're disregarding what roles can do and are only paying attention to scumhunting.

Because "well it's for reasons WE know," is shit reasoning for everyone else. This line of questioning rubs me wrong because it's complete and utter hyperbole. If I thought a cop clear was acting like scum, I'd be on them anyway, because roles can also mess with cop results.

I have a rules question to ask Prims, and this may affect today's lynch.

It didn't, I just think Bear seems much more likely to be town now.