Reclasses/Promotions you thought would be good that you regret

Espinosa

The first one would be demoting Frederick to Wyvern Rider on my very first run. The stat losses he suffered were humiliating, he was no longer providing move bonuses when in the back of pair up, and he lost access to two beneficial weapon types, one in which he had A rank. What's worse is that his wings would prevent me from just casually switching him in whenever Sumia was threatened by multiple accurate bow users. He could not ORKO mooks and even when I tried babying him he would only get like 20~ something exp. Comparable to a support bot like Kellam or something. Really embarrassed about making this decision (I "borrowed" it from Othin when he was describing his experiences like a good year or so ago).

The current one would be Wyvern Rider Lon'qu. I wasn't cool with his swordlock and wanted to use him as one of my primary fighters with fight, good combat with Hand Axes and Vantage. I don't know if I should be more patient or forge him some stuff, maybe give him tonics for a few chapters or what, but he never enters Vantage range (defence blessed and pretty unimpressive in str and spd) and does laughable damage with a Bronze Axe, in contrast to, say, Panne who can just keep ORKOing scrubs with bronze for the entirety of her existence. I'll wait some more and see how it goes, but overall it's been a disappointment thus far.

All the depromotions I’ve tried like Wyvern!Frederick and Sorc!Libra and Mage!Anna have all been disappointing.

A lot of lolstat synergy silliness like Thief!Kellam and Knight!Sumia are amusing at first, but not that good either. They’re passable because reclassing for stats is so good, but otherwise unexceptional.

I’ve actually found Panne/Lon’qu/Sully to Wyvern to be very similar and to work fairly well.

Oh, in Lunatic, at least.

Edited by XeKr

I've always had great Wyvern!Lon'qu's so I'm sad to hear that you don't like him.

At any rate I've always been disappointed by reclassing Frederick at all. Paladin loses axes, his best weapon, General makes his speed even worse, and the Wyvern tree hurts his defense while taking away swords (and possibly lances) and giving bow weakness. I play no pair up which makes it worse.

Besides that Cordelia and Sully are also disapointments, Merc!Cordelia gives her meh speed and loses her flying utility while DM!Cordelia can't kill stuff and has bad stats. Myrm!Sully is just bad.

Edited by JSND Has A Dragon Boner

Peg!Lissa was horrible, she didn't deal any damage and died almost instantly. In all honesty, I should have waited until she promoted before reclassing her.

I've always had great Wyvern!Lon'qu's so I'm sad to hear that you don't like him.

In 2 or so maps, he and Panne both got like 8 levels, most of them pretty good. Lon'qu seems very usable now, except Panne still has, like, +8 str compared to him. Yeah...

I like Lon'qu as a Wyvern Rider. Class him to Wyvern Lord and watch him murder.

I regret ever turning Vaike Thief due to shitty Thief growths killing shitty Vaike growths, but that's about it.

Edited by Polydeuces

Avatar reclassing. Before the last battle I had turned him into a mage.

The result being he was a level 3 mage by endgame and was unable to do a thing to Grima.

(Which contradicts the fact that he's able to kill Grima at all. The possibilities... :smug: )

Oh, and trickster Henry. Just saddening how he can't really use his magic (barring Levin swords, but that's going off topic)

And anyone who was a cleric/trobadour at any point. You literally have to build a human wall (May not be 100% human) to level them up.

I found GK!Stahl much worse than Paladin!Stahl. He already has good STR and DEF as a paladin, and as a GK his SPD is terrible, his growth being actually worse than kellam's

I personally prefer Paladin for Stahl, too. It also helps with his shaky speed and awful resistance, as opposed to GK giving him overkill Str and Def.

Archer!Chrom: Now, Chrom actually makes a REALLY good Archer. The only thing is, the Archer skills are such utter bull that it's not worth placing him in the class for the maingame.

I don't think the skills were the problem there...

Peg!Lissa was horrible, she didn't deal any damage and died almost instantly. In all honesty, I should have waited until she promoted before reclassing her.

My Peg!Lissas tend to cap STR, SKILL, SPD, and LUCK. ._.

Knight!Sumia. Never again.

Great Knight Stahl. Swordmaster-Sully was a goddess compared to him in my first run, and she was my third worst character.

Wyvern Knight Frederick. He gains exp really slow, and his stats are really bad. I'm assuming this applies to any demoting option of his.

Pegasus Knight -> Dark Flier Maribelle. I found her even worse than GK!Stahl or SM!Sully in my first run. She died to almost anything and almost never doubled on freaking normal.

Dark Knight Henry. His awful speed is even more awful when you lose nice stuff like Ruin.

Sumia and Cherche outside their default class trees are awful. Especially Cherche...

Virion as anything is a massive pain.

Anyone as Archer is a massive pain.

Wyvern Knight Nowi was bad too, but I think that's more related to late reclassing time.

Speaking of Lissa's reclasses, her growth spread is very suitable for a tome-oriented Dark Flier, moreso than Sumia or Tiamo. Who cares when you have MU though.

You need level 10 and then level 10 again before you can rec into DF

....and thats before considering how utter bullshit Lissa's growth is. I mean, her growth(in practice) is almost GBA tier

You need level 10 and then level 10 again before you can rec into DF

....and thats before considering how utter bullshit Lissa's growth is. I mean, her growth(in practice) is almost GBA tier

Staff users gain experience more quickly than combat units who fail to grab kills, so it's no crime. Once reclassed into Peg, her strength will be about equal to a base Sumia, and the growth is pretty much the same.

Sure it's not an efficient choice by any means, but how many reclasses do you know that are? Not a whole lot. Might be a decent idea for another thread.

And anyone who was a cleric/trobadour at any point. You literally have to build a human wall (May not be 100% human) to level them up.

Not really.

-Go do a map skirmish with a low-level Risen team using a unit with low Res (Vaike is ideal), and either a Knight of someone else who gives Def bonuses on Pair Up (Kellam or Frederick is ideal for this) (NOTE: This won't work if there's no mage/DM in the group)

-Clear out everyone with said unit with low Res, except for one mage

-Keep healing them with said cleric/troub, move the low-Res unit to avoid support bonuses, rinse & repeat until they run out of tome uses

Wyvern Rider!Virion is a huge improvement.

Not really. He gets to Level 10 way too slow and once he gets the Second Seal, he gets -1 spd because he needs even less spd amirite...

Staff users gain experience more quickly than combat units who fail to grab kills, so it's no crime. Once reclassed into Peg, her strength will be about equal to a base Sumia, and the growth is pretty much the same.

Sure it's not an efficient choice by any means, but how many reclasses do you know that are? Not a whole lot. Might be a decent idea for another thread.

Heal is like 17 EXP per use. In efficient run of this game, thats damn slow, considering how "hard" it is to get a formation that allows the usage of heal staff

Rescue staff first pops up in Par 1, and thats 5 use(effectively 4 - 5 level). Second Seals are from Desert, alongside the new Rescue Staff

That being said thats 9 level of shitty growth, and being improbable to build support rank before Reclass

Of course that is also before considering Second Seal competition and Rescue range competition with Libra(Libra's Base stats is a superior version of 20/1 Lissa)

And, by the way considering we are talking about Tome Wielding Dark Flier, my 12 Mag Sumia consistently ORKO's Chapter 13 Lunatic Sniper, to give you an image on how unimportant STR/MAG can become in this game

Its an interesting choice for draft though, I give you that

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

Heal is like 17 EXP per use. In efficient run of this game, thats damn slow, considering how "hard" it is to get a formation that allows the usage of heal staff

Rescue staff first pops up in Par 1, and thats 5 use(effectively 4 - 5 level). Second Seals are from Desert, alongside the new Rescue Staff

That being said thats 9 level of shitty growth, and being improbable to build support rank before Reclass

Of course that is also before considering Second Seal competition and Rescue range competition with Libra(Libra's Base stats is a superior version of 20/1 Lissa)

And, by the way considering we are talking about Tome Wielding Dark Flier, my 12 Mag Sumia consistently ORKO's Chapter 13 Lunatic Sniper, to give you an image on how unimportant STR/MAG can become in this game

Its an interesting choice for draft though, I give you that

The site doesn't acknowledge that base staff experience depends on difficulty, actually.