What is your most favorite book?

Nicolas

I've read a few Sherlocke Holmes novels and enjoyed those. The last book I read was Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter which, unlike the movie, was able to be taken seriously. The way it weaves fiction into non-fiction makes you go "wait, did that really happen?" I mean obviosly Vampires aren't real, but certain events that never happened are told that, unless you're a historian, you might beleive.

My favorite book though is probably Frankenstein. If you haven't read it then do so.

My favorite book is Sophie's World. It's simply incredible, and this is coming from someone that doesn't really like to read. It's the story of a 14 years old girl who start receiving strange letters shortly before her 15th birthday. It also teaches the story of philosophy in a very interesting way and has the best plot twist I've ever seen.

I also really like A Series of Unfortunate Events, a series of books that focuses on the misfortunes of the Baudelaire orphans. The black humor on these books is hilarious, and the series has a incredibly deep back story.

Edited by Nobody

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld was a pretty awesome book.

There's a Leviathan that isn't by that guy? (Thomas Hobbes? Yes Thomas Hobbes.)

It is the cusp of World War I, and all the European powers are arming up. The Austro-Hungarians and Germans have their Clankers, steam-driven iron machines loaded with guns and ammunition. The British Darwinist's employ fabricated animals as their weaponry. Their Leviathan is a whale airship, and the most masterful beast in the British fleet.

Holy shit WHALE AIRSHIP.

Edited by Lanfear

LOTR.

However, that could change in March when book 2 of the stormlight archive comes out. 1 was awesome but I don't know if I'd put it above LOTR. Of course, if I have to choose between the LOTR books I guess Return of the King?