archers  

119 members have voted

1. 1. who is it?

2. 2. Best?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry PKL, Wil trivialized the South East part of his joining map!

He's the best character in the game after Marcus, except unlike Marcus, Wil is not banned in Draft making him THE best

> Logic

> Where

Also where's the mention of Dorothy?

EDIT: Virion is pretty neat during my Chapter 2 Lunatic attempts I guess

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

Virion's 5 base SPD is absolute garbage. Wil at least has LHM and even then FE7 enemies are all kinds of shitty so training him is easy.

Training him isn't a good idea though :/. And his chip never comes in handy because his game doesn't demand it. Add to that the bow x2 effective and you're staring down awful. Although, he's definetely better than lol Virion. Virion even loses speed when reclassing to wyvern, i mean come on.

Sorry PKL, Wil trivialized the South East part of his joining map!

He's the best character in the game after Marcus, except unlike Marcus, Wil is not banned in Draft making him THE best

> Logic

> Where

Also where's the mention of Dorothy?

EDIT: Virion is pretty neat during my Chapter 2 Lunatic attempts I guess

I can't with your logic. @_@

Yeah, and it's not like fliers in FE7 are hard to take down. Better Wil than Nino, however. And Karla. And Wallace.

Also wait, why is Rebecca apparently better. At least Wil has STR.

IMO, FE9 Rolf is in a position that's as bad, if not worse than Wil's.

Yeah, and it's not like fliers in FE7 are hard to take down. Better Wil than Nino, however. And Karla. And Wallace.

Also wait, why is Rebecca apparently better. At least Wil has STR.

Speed, man.

also the virion hate is laughable, as if fe13 has units that cant become gods

Right?

I think im going to go with Wil and/or FE9!Rolf. The former, i just cant make good ever. The latter is really irritating to raise. Rolf needs so much BEXP to be even somewhat workable and that BEXP is best used elsewhere.

Wil is way better than Rebecca. Who takes down 2 Pegs in their join chapter, oh right, not you Rebecca!

Virion's 5 base SPD is absolute garbage. Wil at least has LHM and even then FE7 enemies are all kinds of shitty so training him is easy.

Dude, Wil has the exact same speed base and worse growth. And the existence of pair-up and tonics makes Virion much easier to train than Wil.

AS IF Wolt has nine votes despite being in one of the two games you actually might want an archer. Sure he's the worst of the seven (lol) primary bow users, but still.

I voted Norne. You don't even get her normally in FE11, she joins later and with worse absolute bases than Castor (or even Gordin other than weapon rank) and you get Jeorge and Parthia a few chapters later anyway in FE12, and she looks like a radioactive piece of bubblegum. Off with her head.

^^That was why I didn't vote Wolt - I just can't see him as being less useful than FE9 Rolf, who comes in approximately 1/3 through the game and having "chip" that either fails to do much of anything (or even scratch, in the case of armors) to most of what you face at that point in the game (about the only things he even does anything resembling damage to are myrmidons and mages, the latter of who counter him).

ryan because even gordin looks good compared to that piece of crap. [or that might just be personnel bias] either way he sucks.

Shots fired

At least Virion is useful in Lunatic+ and maybe in Lunatic. What does Tomas do other than suck and die (especially FE12 Tomas).

mod abuse incoming

If you're into WiFi shopping, he can pick up a Longbow instantly. I have. . .other uses for Gordin (usually it's along the lines of "something on a horse so I can take advantage of his tankiness"). In FE12, not so much (he's an afterthought, IMO), BUT. . .

. . .Norne wins this one. Her growths are unimpressive in FE11 (and is only available on Normal), and she starts with two negative modifiers. PEACHY! In FE12, her bases are worse than. . .Barst (and he joins a chapter earlier at the same level), with growths that remind me of a physical Yubello. The hell was IS thinking?!

Dude, Wil has the exact same speed base and worse growth. And the existence of pair-up and tonics makes Virion much easier to train than Wil.

Personally I found Virion more of a hassle to train, even with Pair Up. The only SPD support he's gonna be getting is Cordelia, since Sumia is gonna be busy with Frederick or Chrom at this point. And she comes later on and I'd say she's gonna see more combat than Virion will.

Maybe I'm just biased in Wil's favor, I 'unno.

Wii's base Spd is also 5.

But Wil doesn't start off in a game with competent enemies. He'd have some issues in HHM, yes, but like Refa said, he can do something on Chapter 16 HHM by taking out those PKs.

guys, this is a serious question: who are you giving bexp to? fe9 gives you a lot and it's not like you need to level your characters considering enemies give good experience.

Marcia.

guys, this is a serious question: who are you giving bexp to? fe9 gives you a lot and it's not like you need to level your characters considering enemies give good experience.

Not Rofl. It goes to units like Mist and Marcia, who can actually take it and do something with it.

Edited by Levant Fortner

He joins at a point where other really good units that want BEXP join too. Also, Virion's problem is more that the enemy density, the low demand for actual chip (chipping that one Merc in Ch2 Lunatic doesn't exactly mean he's nice), his inability to score kills without a really nice partner stepping in and dual attacking, his low exp gain, the Wyverns he fights not being promoted and there being better options to take em down, etc all contribute to make me think he's the worst. The guy will probably have like 10 spd by Level 10 Archer after a really bothersome training regime and he loses spd once he reclasses to his best class, wyvern. A 9 spd wyvern taking a valued resource like a Second Seal is a joke. If he stays as a promoted Archer, he has to deal with stuff like Chapter 18, where the Griffons he could be useful for are in really weird spots, the enemy density is wayyyy too high and there are better ways to tackle the chapter. He's an awful unit through and through and not worth it ever.

EDIT: Even in Lunatic+, he's an afterthought because there are wayyyy better ways to have multiple bow users. Gregor, the Avatar, Chrom, Lucina, etc.

Edited by PKL

He joins at a point where other really good units that want BEXP join too.

That, as I see it, is the nail in Rolf's coffin (not that much more were needed, what with the fact his bases are laughable and he doesn't even have much of a niche).

Edited by Levant Fortner