Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could host the FE9 game (try to go with the tourney rules, all right?) - it'll be my second game that I'll be hosting soon.

Somebody also needs to prevent my old FE7 game with Horace from dying - no activity there for a while, so we need a new host, unless Randa plans to get back to it soon.

I could host the FE9 game (try to go with the tourney rules, all right?) - it'll be my second game that I'll be hosting soon.

Somebody also needs to prevent my old FE7 game with Horace from dying - no activity there for a while, so we need a new host, unless Randa plans to get back to it soon.

I should be able to get back to this soon. My friend "borrowed" my laptop, which has all the calculations, and hasn't given it back. So I should be able to resume this in the next three or four days.

I should be able to get back to this soon. My friend "borrowed" my laptop, which has all the calculations, and hasn't given it back. So I should be able to resume this in the next three or four days.

Ah, that's good to hear! No rush though, considering we'll be having a lot of games soon.

OK, not for the tournament, but I think it would be interesting to test out the FE9 Link Arena with the cut supports afterwards. Thoughts?

http://www.serenesforest.net/general/unused.htm

Go down to the PoR section, supports. Those are all the ones that didnt make the cut.

Ike-Zihark support game re-broken.

Well, now that we have that out of the way, what do you all think of including bands in the FE9 meta? You could maybe balance it by making it so they can only have one band, no bands on dragons/royals, but they get that band's effects for every level it is possible for the player to give. I originally conceived this idea to give Soren more strength for carrying things without wasting my 2 energy rings, what is the general opinion?

That basically means +1 stat for every 10 levels or so each character can get or, rounding up :

0-4 levels : nope

5-14 levels : +1

15-24 levels : +2

25-34 levels : +3

35+ levels : +4

There's some merit to this. One could also have faster Generals through this method too, probably to the point of being too good though.

Edited by Woodshooter

That basically means +1 stat for every 10 levels or so each character can get or, rounding up :

There's some merit to this. One could also have faster Generals through this method too, probably to the point of being too good though.

I don't think there are any generals who can get more than thirty...one levels? I think that would still be fine, although I would try to be more precise, that's just me. It's not like we're proposing the Knight Ward and it's +30 growth (which would really only help generals anyway)

Well Devdan would like it too.

This said those calcs are based on bands. Brom can cap his Speed with little issues, I think Gatrie does too or comes really close, while Tauroneo still gets about 2 points more worth in Speed for the few levels he has to go.

I assume you're counting speed wings? Which is fine, generals are normally what all 4 speed wings go to.

Not when you want to use units such as Boyd and Jill with them.

I don't see wyverns to often here, but Boyd does want speed wings, though I wouldn't say he has as much of a speed problem as generals, I think it's just one or two until he caps. However, now we're debating the meta instead of bands. Anyone else think they're a good idea?

I don't think there are any generals who can get more than thirty...one levels? I think that would still be fine, although I would try to be more precise, that's just me. It's not like we're proposing the Knight Ward and it's +30 growth (which would really only help generals anyway)

I think these would both be pretty nice ideas to incorporate once we work with the metagame some more. It's also worth noting that the bonus gets doubled with the Mage Band. This could allow things like Sonic Sword Ike to be a strategy here. If the idea is deemed overpowered, perhaps it could be required that for the band bonus to be added to the unit, they must have the band equipped at the start of battle.

For reference:

No band bonus: Nasir, Giffca, Tibarn, Naesala

+1 band bonus: Ena, Geoffery, Largo, Bastian, Lucia, Ranulf, Tauroneo, Calill, Ulki, Janaff, Tanith, Stefan, Maurim, Haar

+2 bonus: Titania, Shinon, Lethe, Mordecai, Devdan, Sothe, Reyson, Elincia

+3 bonus: Gatrie, Mia, Ilyana, Nephenee, Marcia, Volke, Brom, Kieran, Zihark, Jill, Makalov

+4 bonus: Ike, Oscar, Boyd, Astrid, Mist, Rolf, Soren

and with Knight Ward:

Doesn't need it to get capped: Nephenee, Oscar, Astrid, Makalov

Caps speed with it: Titania, Kieran, Brom

Gatrie: +7 speed (22 speed)

Devdan: +4 speed (23 speed)

Tauroneo: +2 speed (17 speed)

A game with the unused supports could be fun to have some time. Elincia has some really nice supports. IkexZihark can't possibly work out well in the same team though, considering they compete for the Vague Katti.

One problem with the boosters idea is that the averages we're currently using are Fixed Mode averages, rounded up, taking the Fixed Mode starting growths (e.g. Brom has 0.9 speed, ready to proc it on his next level) into account. The introduction of bands would imply having to re-calculate and round up the averages for each character in action yet again, and differently for every game. Like Hawkeye said last time this was brought up, it's too much work and really annoying to do before each game.

Mage Bands on sword users do sound like they could make a difference though, such as giving you potential 20-mag Runesword users in addition to Mist and Elincia's 26 and 25 mag.

If you still plan on doing this I would be interested (I missed the tournament <_<)

If you could sign up as a replacement in the tourney that'd be cool, as we currently have none.