Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Averages no boosters?

I also suggest banning Tibarn (and maybe Janaff and Ulki) since only Nihil and Parity users can even do damage to him.

Edited by General Horace

I'm just about ready. Do we have a host?

Anon said he'd host for us in the other topic I believe.

My team is hopelessly generic compared to some of my other teams though, sadly. Nolan OP

Edited by General Horace

For all you people who want to roll RNs at home, without the dependancy of Random.org

Open your MS Excel Spreadsheeting Device

Pick an empty cell, and type into it:

=RANDBETWEEN(0,99)

Press Enter

Now, press the F9 key on your Keyboard to refresh it. If you put that formula in more than one cell, then every time you press F9, it'll refresh them all.

It should look like this

bMYXEC1.jpg

For the Crt and Skl blocks (D6 and D7), I just clicked the box, then clicked the SUM button at the top, and linked them to cells D3 and E3 respectively.

For the Hit block (D5), I clicked the box, then selected Average under the SUM button at the top, and linked it to both cells B3 and C3.

This is how I generally roll my RNs. i have more ways of building battle instances too (color coded links to skill proc succession, etc etc), but I'll save those until I can automate them more effectively.

You can also find the RANDBETWEEN function in the "Math & Trig" dropdown bar, and it'll just ask you to plug in a bottom value (0) and a top value (99). F9 still refreshes all RANDBETWEENs in the spreadsheet.

Fighting Nasir feels like a boss fight...

He is pretty tough, but you can have someone like Giffca/Tibarn 3HKO (! Naesala actually 2RKOes him) him early on if you don't want the trouble. Or have a lot of +AVO supports, those really wreck him. Like he has like 48% hit on Ike with Ike x Oscar A oh right that's banned. Welp! At least the first one still works...

Edited by Refa

He is pretty tough, but you can have someone like Giffca/Tibarn 3HKO (! Naesala actually 2RKOes him) him early on if you don't want the trouble. Or have a lot of +AVO supports, those really wreck him. Like he has like 48% hit on Ike with Ike x Oscar A oh right that's banned. Welp! At least the first one still works...

Well then you'd better not be running units like Rolf or Calill, who would get slaughtered while you're struggling to take Nasir down with said Royal

Well then you'd better not be running units like Rolf or Calill, who would get slaughtered while you're struggling to take Nasir down with said Royal

Take him down at the beginning of the match duh. I still can't get over Naesala 2RKOing him, that's like a HARD COUNTER to Nasir.

EDIT It wouldn't work with Provoke, so if those mechanics stay in he'd still be ridiculous. Welp!

Edited by Refa

Hmm

Naesala doubles base nasir for 15x2 per untransformed, so there is that, but one shield or robe and screw that trufax

Yeah, that is true (I mean he'd still 3RKO no matter what, but that's not exactly as spectacular I think anyone with like 50ATK can do it) but keep in mind giving a shield or a robe to Nasir kind of hurts him offensively (either he loses 2Mt which is 4 damage/attack if he doubles or his ability to double everyone). Also generally other people need those resources a lot more than Nasir?

Also, while your Naesala is attacking their Nasir, the ever-so-common Rolf is being whailed on by anything under the sun, your mages are being thoroughly smacked down, and your fliers are probably getting destroyed.

I mean, I guess timing is everything, and rushing Nasir is easier than leaving him alone, but it's still extremely possible to counter Naesala. An instant Demi Banding means you take 12 damage per strike, and if you gave Nasir all 4 Speedwings, Naesala doesn't even double Nasir anymore (and Nasir strikes back for 10!DB (15!Natural Transformation)).

It's easy to counter Naesala, and Naesala's biggest benefit would have to be getting the first move, otherwise Nasir could just Band up with Speedwing investment dance around Naesala, harming anyone who gets in teh way pretty effectively too (Not to mention skill advantage of a 28-30% chance of likely Adept procs).

His offense sucks if you do that. With 1 Energy Drop he has an amazing 38ATK. That's like Mia level offense right there. Also he doesn't double people with 28AS or more assuming you only gave him 3 Speedwings.

EDIT With 4 Speedwings not only is it impossible to use Calill, but his offense becomes even worse.

Edited by Refa