Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, it's not too complicated, I don't think. You just need to issue a challenge, have the challenge accepted, then get a host. After that you make a team and send it to the host. If you have any special rules in mind, you mention them.

For example, 1 Bond per team is assumed, as is no forging Aversa's Night (I think it's an assumed rule at this point), and no forging brave weapons. I don't think one renewal per team is in place for Gen 1, since it's not a super common skill.

do you mean, Utility (Silence, Berserk, Sleep), or healing too?

Mostly utility but maybe also in games like fe4 have the Valkyrie staff as a high risk high reward revive of course with how fe4 works revealing parents it'd be a target on someone's back for having Claude be their Dad.

Eh, it's not too complicated, I don't think. You just need to issue a challenge, have the challenge accepted, then get a host. After that you make a team and send it to the host. If you have any special rules in mind, you mention them.

For example, 1 Bond per team is assumed, as is no forging Aversa's Night (I think it's an assumed rule at this point), and no forging brave weapons. I don't think one renewal per team is in place for Gen 1, since it's not a super common skill.

Thank you for being so helpful! So I guess is there anybody who wants to host our game?

@Zerosabers

Open up any FE13 game, and you should see a Ruleset posted at the top of it. That can clarify details for you :D

Refa and ZM need a host for fe4.

Also I have a bit of an odd proposal, would staves work in any link arena metas?

Well, I don't know anything about FE4, so I can't do that.

Healing staves, no, berserk staves, eh, Sleep/Silence, it's a possibility.

Mostly utility but maybe also in games like fe4 have the Valkyrie staff as a high risk high reward revive of course with how fe4 works revealing parents it'd be a target on someone's back for having Claude be their Dad.

Don't we reveal parents at the start of the match?

Thank you for being so helpful! So I guess is there anybody who wants to host our game?

You're welcome ma'am.

well you'd really only have Claude Sety or Claude use it, considering Claude Corple has like no other combat abilities besides healing and status staves

I think allowing status staves in certain games could work, considering we allow Deadeye in FE9 and Silence doesn't seem too bad. Berserk at most could probably just have that unit act on their own phase after both players and then RNG them a target to attack. It could be a problem if it lasts too long though.

I'm not sure how we could make healing good enough to be willing to take a turn. Though giving two commands per turn could work because then you could either attack with two units or attack and heal and that would give people enough choice. You might end up with people getting one rounded if you're not careful though.

how would you even handle Berserk?

Hosts would have to RN a 1/(surviving Playercount) chance to see if the side with the berserked unit is forced to randomly attack, instead of letting the player choose

Then, it's a 1/(surviving units) chance to see who gets hit, and with I guess the most optimal weapon?