Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love excuses to not host, but I'm all for it. I'm just slow because I have lots of irl stuff plus I mainly host when I'm at work

Fe13 just requires immense double checking since almost every unit has unique variables when comparing 5(potentially 6) skills per side per battle, on top of raw calcs. The raw calcs are the easy part, but just remembering to check for skills that are both on battling units and the 4 aura skills just becomes a chore to get used to. Fe9/10 don't have that problem

Also fwiw I mainly started the sheets because I don't like having to type everything out, and I'm hoping that I can one day turn these into a mobile app and be. Able to host on the go. I've figured out many calcs and I just figured out the Autoselect and Autocopy macros to work the way I need them to, that was a huge discovery today

Edited by Elieson

I don't actually use the docs when I host, I was just pointing them out as an option, and I think people should give them a shot, Elie's put a lot of work into them. I just don't use them because i'm a fe dork that knows everything I honestly like working with numbers and doing it in my head, and i've played so much FE I know almost all the hitrates of the weapons of most games and all the hit/avoid formulas so it's almost faster for me to do in my head than type everything out.

this so much asides from knowing exactly the hit rates of weapons, just a vague remembrance of their hit

I can only host on weekends because I've begun my internship (?), so I'm up to host everything except 4 and 5 cuz yes, and 9 cuz I dont wanna mess with laguz gauge.

So if you guys need a host, I can do it this weekend for 6, 7, 8 and 13

I can play you if you're willing to battle a noob.

Hey I'm still a noob at this too haha, I've only been recently doing battles.

Lets have fun shall we?

Quint I shall PM you my team

Edited by Jedi

FE7 Averages, I dno if boosters are gonna be in.

Momo, do we put in obtainable stat boosters throughout Hector Mode? Or shall we just be plain averages

Also yes or no to the stupidly ridiculous uber spear

Edited by Jedi

I say yes to uber spear, but only two or three uses before it "breaks.". Actually, just one.

I guess we can include non-shop boosters. Everything else looks good. I'll come up with one soon.

Can we talk about banning or at least limiting Vengeance? Or just have some people throw some opinions out on it? I don't think the Aversa's Forge nerf is nescessary either.

Still looking for an FE6 host for a game with Anon too.

Edited by General Horace

Can we talk about banning or at least limiting Vengeance? Or just have some people throw some opinions out on it? I don't think the Aversa's Forge nerf is nescessary either.

Still looking for an FE6 host for a game with Anon too.

Yes. Vengeance needs some sort of nerf. Maybe we should half it's proc rate, so it's only Skill%? It'll proc often, just not...always. If Vengeance is nerfed, AN will probably be fine.

I was just about to ask about that, actually.