Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone willing to try a SOYO match? (For those unfamiliar with the term; each person picks the other's team). I could do a regular match instead if nobody's interested. Game and meta doesn't matter to me.

I think the PoR averages meta would be generally good for that kinda thing because most of the units are pretty viable with boosters, though the first picks would be wasted trying to get rid of all the Sages and whatnot. I'd probably ban everybody in the bottom tier too (which iirc is just Rhys and thieves).

Edited by Espinosa

Anyone willing to try a SOYO match? (For those unfamiliar with the term; each person picks the other's team). I could do a regular match instead if nobody's interested. Game and meta doesn't matter to me.

Sounds fun, just no FE6. Pick all axes and bam!

A rule that nobody can pick a unit they have been given should ensure it is less of a sau-sage fest. Are there any other units that should be banned?

Anon, do you want to play? If so, we can start once we get somebody to host.

Would anyone be interested in an FE9 max stats+assignable skills battle with no laguz?

SWITCH TO AVERAGES WITH BOOSTERS :Soldier:

Seriously, this is where the fun is at. Max stats with skills sound a little BS because you can run double 40% Miracle with HP restoration - that's even worse than Tibarn hax.

I think there's one more game I want to host before I try to hold the first tourney event. I want to ban Ragnell, while keeping Ike's Earth support banned (because Ike remains a "complete" unit, not requiring any boosters and thus ready to be thrown into any team when there's a free spot available), and have a battle where one player uses all three royals in one team while the second player sticks to one at best, and we see if having three royals in the same team breaks the game or not.

So tell me if you'd be up for that.

SWITCH TO AVERAGES WITH BOOSTERS :Soldier:

Seriously, this is where the fun is at. Max stats with skills sound a little BS because you can run double 40% Miracle with HP restoration - that's even worse than Tibarn hax.

I think there's one more game I want to host before I try to hold the first tourney event. I want to ban Ragnell, while keeping Ike's Earth support banned (because Ike remains a "complete" unit, not requiring any boosters and thus ready to be thrown into any team when there's a free spot available), and have a battle where one player uses all three royals in one team while the second player sticks to one at best, and we see if having three royals in the same team breaks the game or not.

So tell me if you'd be up for that.

That sounds horribly broken, but very fun. I'll take it.

That sounds horribly broken, but very fun. I'll take it.

The three royals team then? Great, PM that to me (should be barely any work at all, though you'll have a ton of boosters to feed the other two units so there's a lot of freedom there) and we'll just wait for a volunteer to face this team (thinking up the counters and whatnot).

I think there's one more game I want to host before I try to hold the first tourney event. I want to ban Ragnell, while keeping Ike's Earth support banned (because Ike remains a "complete" unit, not requiring any boosters and thus ready to be thrown into any team when there's a free spot available)

Didn't I just try that?

Didn't I just try that?

Well, the main theme is still "three royals in one team" here. And I'm more than sure that Silver Sword/Brave Sword Ikey is still a very functional unit and actually better than a Ragnell one at facing Snipers and bow users like Boyd and Paladins for example (yet also more vulnerable to them in return).

I can face a 3 royal team with statboosters and assignable skills. Should be entertaining.

EDIT Give me like a day to make a team, I guess I could just use my last one, but that'd be boring.

Edited by Refa

I can face a 3 royal team with statboosters and assignable skills. Should be entertaining.

EDIT Give me like a day to make a team, I guess I could just use my last one, but that'd be boring.

Sweet, it'll be you vs. Anon then; when you're done that is.