Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Well damn.

Nihil > Parity > Resolve > All other battle skills

Although, what if the Parity holder initiates combat on a Nihil user?

Priority could be based on the attacker

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Nihil and Resolve looks very powerful right now. Parity is quite the failure, isn't it?

They were always seen as 2nd and 1st best skill respectively, Parity not exactly being very close. But Parity being nullified by Nihil is a big deal for Parity+Renewal users, Makalov and Ike being the most prominent ones in the meta.

They were always seen as 2nd and 1st best skill respectively, Parity not exactly being very close. But Parity being nullified by Nihil is a big deal for Parity+Renewal users, Makalov and Ike being the most prominent ones in the meta.

Yeah, I really don't see myself using it anymore. Speaking of Resolve/Nihil, I'm interested at Baldrick's 2 snipers team I'm facing and it makes me think about my own, though likely I'll do something different just to do such.

Well damn.

Nihil > Parity > Resolve > All other battle skills

Although, what if the Parity holder initiates combat on a Nihil user?

Priority could be based on the attacker

Took a while to test this but nope, Nihil always takes precedence.

I think we should do some changes in FE5 LA.

Amboush should not activate WRATH.

I don't know, I'd be pissed if someone cut in front of me as I was attacking them.

And you can get around the Wrath issue by giving them Awareness.

Quint's Resolve breakdown is incorrect.

In 3, one should apply both spd (for Avo calculation and second attack determination) and skl (for skills such as counter)

I don't know, I'd be pissed if someone cut in front of me as I was attacking them.

And you can get around the Wrath issue by giving them Awareness.

Besides, Ambush is only good if you have Awareness to cancel Wrath criticals.

It's a mechanic in the game. Try having a final chapter Berserker hit one of your Ambush users.

I think taking staves would actually be an interesting change, at least in the GBA games, though there might need to be some sort of reduction, like a 50% healing nerf, at least to combat something like a cheap Fortify move.

What's the ideology behind not allowing staves? Other than the fact that the actual LA doesn't allow them? Dancers would also add another layer of intrigue, though because GBA doesn't have skills like Shade, they'd be much less useful, save maybe FE7 with the buffs.

Also what's the verdict on FE8 Summoners?

IDK i just have a lot of thoughts

PS i'd be interested in an FE8 battle

LA doesn't allow staves in the first place, and they would be broken. you can just sit around spamming a healing staff all the time and never attack. that way you'd accumulate counter damage on your opponent while not getting damaged yourself.

How does dismounting work in the Link Arena?

the question here (as i've told you earlier) is what happens after a dismounted unit caps a stat at 20. if he remounts and then dismounts, does the stat stay at 20, or does it drop again due to dismounting penalties? it's been a long time since i've played FE5 with growths, but i seem to recall that the stat doesn't stay at 20. (but i have like a 49% chance of being wrong so...)

Edited by dondon151

If you implemented a nerf on healing, but still allowed it, it would create interesting scenarios. Something like a 50% healing reduction on staves would allow you to include a healer on your team if necessary, but still have one as a risk, since most are slow and have low defense. Right now, you only have healing from Nosferatu and Rune Swords. The most healing you could do with the reduction would be 25, with 30 magic and a Mend, since I'd assume Restore would be banned or something.

Plus other staves would allow interesting counter building, between Restore or high resistance units. You also have to take into account the fact that if you brought in Healing and Status staves, you're sacrificing item slots, including things like the Iron Rune. Dancers/Bards would also allow be cool, since you're able to buff a unit for the next round, while sacrificing a combat unit for such a thing.

tbqh it just wouldn't be Link Arena anymore with staves. You might as well ask for rescue-races on maps with terrain. I mean, "we" already pushed it quite a bit with Shade/Provoke mechanics.

Reyson does have a niche in PoR LA - healing Provoke!Shinon in metagames without custom skills.

I can't find the list of FE5 skills...

Awareness

Ambush

Wrath

Charge

Continue

Moonlight Sword

Sun Sword

If you want to be consistent within the same game file, you also have to decide between Awareness + Sun Sword VS Moonlight Sword, because those are available on different routes.

Gotta add this to the resources.

Quint's Resolve breakdown is incorrect.

In 3, one should apply both spd (for Avo calculation and second attack determination) and skl (for skills such as counter)

Oh, I never though these boosts increased the skill's activation rate... are you 100% sure? I've never felt Resolve increased Skills activation, like 30-34~% Flares... Edited by Quintessence

Oh, I never though these boosts increased the skill's activation rate... are you 100% sure? I've never felt Resolve increased Skills activation, like 30-34~% Flares...

Because you can't combine Resolve with Flare. Resolve+Adept should work though.

Considered RD. But, in case Resolve+Adept, will Adept have a potential 45% act rate?

That does sound like it. Getting into and surviving in Resolve range is also much harder in RD, though, and you don't get +str bonuses so the skill is nowhere as good.

That does sound like it. Getting into and surviving in Resolve range is also much harder in RD, though, and you don't get +str bonuses so the skill is nowhere as good.

I'm curios, what is the activation order: Resolve -> Adept? Or Adept -> Resolve? If the latter, then Resolve's boost probably have no effect on other skill's activation rate? I recall Wrath going after Resolve though.

I'm curios, what is the activation order: Resolve -> Adept? Or Adept -> Resolve? If the latter, then Resolve's boost probably have no effect on other skill's activation rate? I recall Wrath going after Resolve though.

Resolve should go first, since the other skills depend on its boosts (not all of them though).