Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, without boosters, the max stats meta's Laguz are not really preferred to royals, though they allow for more synergy with supports and whatnot. Exceptions are Ena and *maybe* Ranulf. Ena in particular is quite broken, with 37 transformed defence, moreso with custom skills allowed.

So I've thought about a new meta for FE7, which is based on averages but FE13's Skills set are implemented on each character.

Skills would go to the respective classes and Adept would replace the [weapon]faire skill, though I'd make some exceptions:

• Eliwood is assumed to go Lord -> Paladin with Charisma, Sol and Aegis.
  • Hector is assumed to go Knight -> General with Defense +2, Indoor Fighter, Luna and Pavise.
  • Lyn is assumed to go Myrmidon -> Swordmaster with Avoid +10, Vantage, Astra and Adept.
  • Focus, Relief and Tantivy (among other similar skills) would be active regardless the 3 tile condition.
  • Serra and Renault are assumed to go Cleric/Priest -> Sage with Miracle and Adept. Though I'd like to add Renewal for her.
  • Matthew and Thieves would be assumed to go Myrmidon -> Assassin with Avoid +10, Vantage and Lethality. This, for skills utility.
  • Rath is assumed to go Archer -> Bow Knight with Skill +2, Prescience and Bowbreaker (?).
  • Lucius is assumed to go Mage -> Sage with Magic +2, Focus and Adept.
  • Paladins' skills: Outdoor Fighter, Sol and Aeis
  • Heroes' skills: Patience, Sol and Axebreaker.
  • Warriors' skills: HP +5, Zeal and Counter.
  • Berserkers' skills: Gamble, Wrath and Adept.
  • Snipers' skills: Skill +2, Prescience, Hit Rate +20 and Adept.
  • Falco Knights' skills: Speed +2, Relief and Adept.
  • Wyvern Lords' skills: Strength +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn (effect decreasing by -3 per Turn, not per phase) and Swordbreaker.
  • Canas' skills: Hex, Anathema, Vengeance and Tomebreaker.
  • I propose Clerics and Priests running Miracle and Renewal due to Healtouch and Rally Luck being not applicable skills for LA.
  • Valkyries' skills: Resistance +2, Demoiselle and Dual Support+.
  • Would apply FE9 Vantage, FE9 Wrath and FE10 Miracle.

Question is: allow [weapon]breaker skills?

I'm willing to host this meta, so what do you guys say? Thoughts?

No I mean

Go to Rogues and Redeemers

Look at Lyn's skills

Use Lyn's skills

Look at Roy's skills

Repeat

Seems kinda OP to me. Eliwood would have Outdoor Fighter, Charisma, Adept, Axebreaker, Aegis while Lyn having Acrobat, Adept, Swordbreaker, Astra and Vantage. Dayum

why even change the classes of the lords

I can as well change Hector's and Lyn's base skills for only Charisma instead of Def +2/In Fighter and Avo+10/Vantage.

Though their game classes will remain the same. The only thing different is the skill system.

Edited by Quintessence

oh, ok, that makes more sense. I think the breaker skills would be too strong, and skills like indoor and outdoor fighter are useless since uh, there's no real terrain.

I think you should simplify it a little bit though, skills like skill+2 and demoiselle and stuff can probably go. Introducing stuff like Aegis/Pavise and the fe9 skills would be a good start though, if you want to run fe7 with skills, i think all the others are overkill

oh, ok, that makes more sense. I think the breaker skills would be too strong, and skills like indoor and outdoor fighter are useless since uh, there's no real terrain.

I think you should simplify it a little bit though, skills like skill+2 and demoiselle and stuff can probably go. Introducing stuff like Aegis/Pavise and the fe9 skills would be a good start though, if you want to run fe7 with skills, i think all the others are overkill

I think we all agree on breaker skills being banned. Though, I planned on making Indoor/Outdoor Fighter being applicable as +10 hit/Avo, or just not being applicable. In such case, Paladins would only run 2 skills against other classes that might run 3 or 4.

Sent this to Espinosa via PM a few days ago

OK I'm mucking up stats for a planned inclusion of all children in an Average Stats scenario. In a world without Second Seals (the prime world to me, atm), I'm basing mechanics for kids as:

20/5 X/5 stats of Mom and Dad are set as the baselines for child stats.

Skills for each child are dependant entirely on Parents/base class (ie, Lucina will have access to Lord line skills, plus what her mom passed down).

Children and Parents will use 20/20 or X/20 stats for the actual battle scenario.

Pair up bonuses and DA/DG are nonexistant, but a class having access to those skills function as if DA+ acts as 10%Adept (checked post-attack) while DG+ acts as 10%Cancel and DS+ is effectively equal to Leadership Stars (+10 across the board for hit/crit/avoid/cev).

The mechanics and stat caps are kinda stupidly broken. Pair up, reclass and too many skills with no way to counter doesn't sound that fun.

Edited by Randa

Convert both IDF/ODF to Avo+10?

Gens with only +10 avo? Hmm, why not hit/avo bonus?

Also I think breaker skills would be better as ±15, to not break them so much

Sounds good, though an alternative for Bow Knights is Sol. May add an extra skill for Heroes in case Breakers are banned.

Dual Support sounds ok as Charisma. My alternative was to add an extra level for support. In such case Priscilla can get into 6 levels.

Also RD will be a nightmare too. 13 will just be a nightmare party hosted by the possessed toejam of superman 64's medicated Dev team

I personally hate the mechanics more than the plot lol. Pretty broken stuff if you ask me.

Dual stuff and pair up won't be implemented (on fe7 meta), though Dual Strike can get replaced by Adept and Dual Support by Charisma. Dual Guard can't be replaced due to guard being Pavise and Pavise being Gen exclusive.