Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Does gamble cut displayed HIT in half, or total accuracy pre displayed HIT?

Also how does it handle the doubling of crit?

Like, say you have 98 HIT and 54 crit because of the bonus 50 from Wrath. Does gamble give you 49 HIT AND 100 Crit? Or is it 58 due to doubling your actual crit pre-wrath.

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wrath crit is never actually displayed, so Wrath probably follows Gamble's boost rather than the other way around. That means no guaranteed 100% crit (technically you can still get it with, like, VK or innate +crit).

How about supports? I assume that it halves and doubles hit and crit post-Support calc, rather then pre.

?

Edited by Elieson

I'm pretty sure it halves displayed hit and doubles displayed crit. As Wrath adds crit after the displayed crit, I would expect it to not affect wrath.

Also Horace and Elieson: I couldn't update this morning, but I should have your thread up soon. As in probably within an hour.

What about activation? Can it be activated on a Nihil/Parity user (since it is manually activated) in the arena setting?

So if I got Turn 1 and chose to activate Gamble against say, Nephenee, and she had Nihil, nothing would happen?

Even though it's a player phase-only command, Nihil/Parity makes it null. You can still choose the command against a Parity user in-game but there will be no increase in the crit rate. Just tested this in-game against Rickard.

I'm pretty sure it halves displayed hit and doubles displayed crit. As Wrath adds crit after the displayed crit, I would expect it to not affect wrath.

Also Horace and Elieson: I couldn't update this morning, but I should have your thread up soon. As in probably within an hour.

Within an hour actually means just over two hours. And I've probably messed something up but hopefully not.

I did a little looking and with the way stats are currently presented, I could imagine this would be an easy mistake to make: When a demi-band transformed Laguz has resolve active, the resolve boost will be half the normal transformed Str/Skl/Spd. Example in action here. The reason this happens is that demi band doesn't reduce the gains from transforming, it gives you the full gains then applies a penalty (half the transformation gains) to each stat. And resolve gives a bonus based on the raw stat, not the penalised stat, so e.g. Ranulf is getting +10 Str: +13 from Resolve, then -3 from the Demi Band. If you applied this the wrong way around, he would have +8: -3 from the Demi Band, then +11 from Resolve.

I don't know how well known this is, so I thought I should probably point it out for people's information.

Edit: In general, this will probably work out as that Demi Banded Laguz have 1-2 more in each stat than if you calculated the other way around.

Edited by Tables

I'll take you on. I have another team I wanna give a test run for.

Sure, who shall host?

Hey don't diss a man's singleplayer action with his joystick.

But I like buttons.

...oh wait, wait a minute, this could have been worded better.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Is baldrick still interested in the match with all the supports cut from the game (and normal supports I assume)?

Yeah. No hurry though, my activity will be sporadic over the next 4 days or so.

I did a little looking and with the way stats are currently presented, I could imagine this would be an easy mistake to make: When a demi-band transformed Laguz has resolve active, the resolve boost will be half the normal transformed Str/Skl/Spd. Example in action here. The reason this happens is that demi band doesn't reduce the gains from transforming, it gives you the full gains then applies a penalty (half the transformation gains) to each stat. And resolve gives a bonus based on the raw stat, not the penalised stat, so e.g. Ranulf is getting +10 Str: +13 from Resolve, then -3 from the Demi Band. If you applied this the wrong way around, he would have +8: -3 from the Demi Band, then +11 from Resolve.

I don't know how well known this is, so I thought I should probably point it out for people's information.

Edit: In general, this will probably work out as that Demi Banded Laguz have 1-2 more in each stat than if you calculated the other way around.

Wrong link?