Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

I think we can try playing without any royals/dragons... They're too good in RD.

Caps are strange, but even with SMs/Volke doubling nearly everyone (besides, like, Ike and Leonardo?), the attacks they'll be receiving are often stronger (Trueblade attack is kinda low). Volke is surprisingly bulky though... We could ban him or something.

I'd take that game Horace, but I've got a bunch of work deadlines coming up, so I need to focus on stuff.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a fuckton of brave swords its just gonna be mashing up your SMs and probably Volke with crithax and blow out doubling.

I haven't broken down everyone to tier2 stats though; think that fe10 without the Tier 3 stats+caps would work? (Essentially losing out on only ridiculous caps and Mastery skills alltogether, except for what, Reavers and fliers?)

With a fuckton of brave swords its just gonna be mashing up your SMs and probably Volke with crithax and blow out doubling.

I haven't broken down everyone to tier2 stats though; think that fe10 without the Tier 3 stats+caps would work? (Essentially losing out on only ridiculous caps and Mastery skills alltogether, except for what, Reavers and fliers?)

Thing is, Brave Sword attacks are easy to absorb with high defence units. For example, male Trueblades have 32 strength, while most Marshalls have 36-37 defence + defensive supports (all besides Meg). Aran, Haar and Jill can tank SM attacks fairly well, too.

Volke is more dangerous, but has no access to braves. Don't forget that Nihil cancels the +crit class bonuses, since they're skills rather innate boosts to crit.

Tier 3 speed caps:

40 - Whisper, Assassin, Swordmaster, Chancellor

37 - Vanguard

36 - Seraph Knight

35 - Reaver, Female Bow Silver Knight, Female Dragonlord, Queen

34 - Female Sentinel, Marksman, Female Lance Silver Knight, Valkyrie

33 - Light Priestess, Male Sentinel, Sword Gold Knight, Female Axe Gold Knight

32 - Sword Marshall, Male Lance Silver Knight, Male Dragonlord, Fire Arch Sage, Wind Arch Sage, Empress

31 - Lance Marshall, Male Axe Gold Knight, Female Saint, Dark Arch Sage

30 - Axe Marshall, Male Saint, Thunder Arch Sage

Rexflame adds +3 spd, while Lughnasadh adds +5, so there's the option of 39 AS Leonardo and 35 AS Tormod (still not too 'hot').

Laguz:

50 - Raven King

46 - Hawk King, Raven

42 - Hawk

40 - Cat, Wolf Queen, Lion King (+Giffca)

36 - Wolf

34 - Lion

32 - Dragon Prince

30 - Tiger

26 - Female Red Dragon

20 - Male Red Dragon, 20 White Dragon

Laguz caps are all over the place. I think with royals, Giffca and dragons banned, the AS of the regular Laguz shouldn't break the game too much. They have some nice qualities too, like Mordecai's humongous defence of 44 + water support, or Skyrim with 46 def. I think a rule about running one Laguz per team wouldn't hurt, though.

Overall, the max stats meta could be fun because of how pronounced the differences in stats are. Remember our maximum stats meta matches in PoR? It felt like eveybody is doing the same damage. The spikes in caps are pretty big here.

Tier 2 is an interesting artificial meta, where Ike equals SMs in caps and is absurdly broken in spite of not having Nihil. Some classes escape being doubled by SMs that fail to do so in Tier 3 meta, e.g. Neph, Warriors, Falcoknights, but that's it, and everybody else is really scared of bulky, powerful Ike.

I think that if we manage to successfully nerf mastery skills, Tier 3 is the way to go.

These look good? Or should we use small mini-portraits instead?

2927.pngvs. hvna.png

uqfs.pngvs. pnd9.png

noo2.png vs. il6m.png

Mini portraits, those are huge.

I'm in favor of putting limits on mastery skills, like in FE9. Basically transfer the occult scrolls over to FE10.

Meta with assignable Nihil is a boring meta... If it's stuck with Ike, Calill and Nolan, then that's not too bad.

no, it is bad. it means that all teams will have ike, calill, and nolan. i'd much rather prefer a skill-less meta than one in which there are the same 3 units on every team.

I think Nihil is just a boring skill in general honestly. Parity is fine, but Nihil's just...really uninteresting and limiting to teambuilding as a whole.

FE10 Parity being command based, at least it won't negate supports all the time.

Speaking of which, considering we have teams of 5, wouldn't it be better to use the unused list of supports too? Otherwise some poor guy is going to be left alone.

Nobody's stopping us from introducing a restriction on the number of Nihil users in the same team. There's still the benefit of having innate Nihil for the sake of stacking other skills on the same unit.

And I do insist that not having any skills in action is pretty uninteresting, though you may be implying that we do absolutely nothing about the way the mastery skills currently work. Honestly, it's like a (sizeable) extra critical chance, which is still pretty bad, but my favourite mastery skill is probably Paladins' (okay, Gold/Silver Knights) - instead of overkill damage, you recover a crapload of HP.

The way to go is probably PoR effects + the newly added skills extrapolated, OR the damage multipliers cut to 1/3 or so, making them a lot meeker. This still leaves the question if anything should be done about Aether because, let's face it, it's the worst one of them all (Luna/Sol having the old mechanics), so Ike will be unfairly advantaged if PoR skills are adapted.

One variant I can see being used is banning dragon transformation but not the dragons themselves, possibly with some restriction on their number. A tide meta, while not a recommended way of playing, could make for some unique games.

One variant I can see being used is banning dragon transformation but not the dragons themselves, possibly with some restriction on their number. A tide meta, while not a recommended way of playing, could make for some unique games.

But since Nasir gives +5 speed with his, won't he be a clear pick?

In fe10, you can only have 6 skills, including innate CRT boosts?

You only have 30 CAP available (35 for fliers, reavers and marksmen) since masteries on all tier 3 units are free anyway.

So ok MMen and reavers have 35 cap, including innates and class crit innate (hard to add morr than 3 more skills with 35 CAP since fe10 skills cost more anyway)