Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

oh, I suppose I could do that. I just wanted a break, I hosted a crapton of games in a short time.

Anyone want to try FE13 gen 1 averages? I think it'll be less ridiculous than Maxes due to lower skill proc rates.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok sent my team in, also currently working on a FE6 one to face Dandragon with.

I dno I may make something for fe13 averages I dno.

Any thoughts on a potential New Mystery meta? Would many classes and units be viable there? How would all the shards and spheres work out?

That'd probably be something to talk with PKL about.

i think fe12 meta would be boring, master sword swordmasters master race

they double everything with the +2 speed shard except for 28+ speed classes (berserkers, horsemen, other SM's, and Snipers) and if they don't have a shard they double berserkers too. Master Swords are ridiculous too.

Paladins are pretty good too because they have a 30 defence cap and aren't doubled by Berserkers, but they get owned by effective weapons

without forging they survive it pretty comfortably

but like, a forged poleaxe almost oneshots them

even unforged almost twoshots, and if the paladin doesn't have a speed investment and berserker does, it almost ORKO's. A +2 forge 2HKO's.

I'd think most classes are totally useless. Heroes are just worse swordmasters or berserkers, falcoknights are useless, Dracoknights get doubled by berserkers so are useless, generals are useless, warriors get doubled by berserkers but might have a niche with 30 strength and bows, all magic classes are useless.

It's pretty much just Paladins, Swordmasters, Berserkers, Horsemen, and Snipers.

Literally the only classes that are usable for FE12 are SMs, Berserkers, Horsemen, and Snipers (and Marth I guess.) Literally. The class balance is so skewed in that game.

Edited by momogeek2141

Should we maybe find out what boosters can be obtained outside a shop?

Or, possibly, give each player a certain 'budget' with which to buy whatever stat boosters they need. I don't know, possibly, it might also be very unbalanced.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Now, I'm always up for FE9, but no supports? Eh, supports are one of the things about FE9 which really spread out what units you use, since you can use their supports. Obviously. Not having supports still has potential to create some alright teams, yes, but it would effectively be which units have the highest averages.

Or Brother Bond teams, I guess, which I have been intending to try.

Moving on, if you want FE9, averages is good, I'd recommend having supports though. If you want no supports, Awakening has that.

Limited boosters could be introduced into FE6, but I'd like to hear what you think that would accomplish.

I'm not quite sure what the point of playing FE9 without supports is. It shouldn't make that big of a difference, and removes most of the exciting portion of the team building process (since people LOVE making support-based gimmick FE9 teams and that's the main reason we've had so many of these games I think).

Limited boosters could be introduced into FE6, but I'd like to hear what you think that would accomplish.

The same thing I think boosters generally accomplish, which is to increase the viability of certain strategies. In FE9, without boosters it would be pretty much impossible to use Mist of Calill, but with the ability to use Seraph Robes they become much more useful. Some units don't really need boosters but have supports with some who would benefit from them, so by allowing boosters you have more supports are different varieties available for you to try. FE6 would probably the only time Secret Books are actually particularly useful for something other than making Makalov a little better.

In theory maybe! What it accomplishes in reality in FE6's case, it seems to me, is give Rutger and Fir some extra strength (Rutger's 3 points away from his cap in particular) and, much worse, more defence, which seems bad for the meta since we're dealing with units who double and crit non-stop and whom you'd sorta want to take out ASAP so that they don't double and crit some more.

Or it gives Lilina Speed and Skill

Or defense, more importantly.

Actually no. You can't salvage 7 defense.

MOAR EDITS: You'd need at least 4 speedwings, 2 seraph robes, 3-4+ Draco Shields, and likely a few skill books, and finally you might have a usable unit for Link Arena.

That is...an actually good point, you could indeed use boosters to make Fir, Rutger, who have you even better, but making a better unit even better is something boosters do in any meta, while also allowing a less good unit to be on better footing with them. Besides, 3 points of strength is not the whole of what boosters could do, and by counter boosters could also give defense to units so that they don't die to one crit from them, or speed/strength/skill so they can take them out.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed