Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

I always put them together if I could, to prevent my Resolver being wrecked by skills before they could inflict any damage.

Baldrick and I played an FE10 game... I'll see if I can find it. It was pretty silly.

Fiona, attack Tibarn with your Silver Bow!

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, yedterday I was painting my room all day so I couldn't post it then.

Howeber now Nicolas proundly pressent...

NEW RULES FOR LINK ARENA (VERY WORK IN PROGRESS)

-5v5 is stupid. We need 3v3.

Because now battles are a bit long, it takes much time to make a team and 5 slots is enough space to have counter for everything.

-2 item slots

That's right. Taking like 5 items makes sense in normal game, but in link arena you usualy fight with just one, sometines two weapon. Now you have to chos if you want extra weapon or crit guard etc...

-Legendary weapons has recoil of 1/3 dealt damage

Because they are too OP.

-No dubling

Because dubling is stupidly OP. It is ridiculus that obe unit has like 4 more speed and because of thtat it deal 2x more damage.

-+5 attack on weapon triangle. No hit/avoid gains

Because other changes only makes sense with that.

-brave weapons have 20 hit less in second strike

-Wrath no more gives you full crit. It gives you +10 attack

-Miracel works only once and fatal hit brings you to 1hp

I can host a agne with whis changes. However I need someone to play.

For FE4 Link Arena (both gens), we should probably also take into account the prominence of villages that give out stat bonuses, like the Chapter 3 one that hands out +3 Strength.

Would help units like Alec and Fury, maybe, though I have my doubts on the latter since bows are just too good.

Also:

Gen I Character and Gen II Fixed Character/Sub Averages: http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?game=4

Gen II Children Averages (for each possibility): http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?game=4x

Very helpful sources.

Edited by ZM.

ZM, all the averages you need are in the main resource thread.

The skills should be there too, but I guess I forgot to include all the ones Horace typed up a while back? They seem to be missing.

Characters also get stat boosts by talking to each other at certain parts of the game (wow, I actually know that). I'm really not sure if this is included in the average stats at all. Certainly not in the kids' case (and probably not in the case of 1st gen units either).

FE4 Rings give you +5 to a non-HP/Move stat. They're a hold item (not consumable) and only one of each exists. Units can pass their cap with it.

FE5 scrolls increase growths and have the additional bonus of negating non-Wrath criticals. They aren't consumable. Multiple scrolls can be put on one unit. Each scroll raises growths by 30%.

Scrolls and FE5's universal caps make me think that standard FE5 LA could be max stats because scrolls ensure that everyone hits the caps anyways.

FE4 Rings give you +5 to a non-HP/Move stat. They're a hold item (not consumable) and only one of each exists. Units can pass their cap with it.

FE5 scrolls increase growths and have the additional bonus of negating non-Wrath criticals. They aren't consumable. Multiple scrolls can be put on one unit. Each scroll raises growths by 30%.

Scrolls and FE5's universal caps make me think that standard FE5 LA could be max stats because scrolls ensure that everyone hits the caps anyways.

FE4 2 rings exist in gen 2 of nearly each ring.

The FE4 page has item locations that people can use for reference what is in each generation.

Yeah, I've just about finished my team, did we have someone to host it?

Not yet, I'm gonna guess that we'll have to wait on like, Shin or Horace.

It's seems like no one cares about my work. yay.
Okay, yedterday I was painting my room all day so I couldn't post it then.

Howeber now Nicolas proundly pressent...

NEW RULES FOR LINK ARENA (VERY WORK IN PROGRESS)

Is this for all Fire Emblem games, from 4-13? Is this for a specific one or two games?

-5v5 is stupid. We need 3v3.

Because now battles are a bit long, it takes much time to make a team and 5 slots is enough space to have counter for everything.

Why is it stupid? I personally think 3v3 is absurdly short and offers hardly any strategic thought compared to a 5v5. This isn't Pokemon online battling since there are a lot of different options compared to Pokemon's 4 moves, one skill, one item and up to 2 types. 3v3 battles are going to probably include the same tiny handful of units, and in metas like FE7-10, they will probably feature one of three or four support triangles.

You can have Support Squares, but your plan here is to say "No I don't care about the ability to have support squares". Why?

-2 item slots

That's right. Taking like 5 items makes sense in normal game, but in link arena you usualy fight with just one, sometines two weapon. Now you have to chos if you want extra weapon or crit guard etc...

FE4 and FE5 let you take like 9 items.

FE9 and 10 let you take all the items you want

FE7 and FE8 only have a couple of items (Iron Rune/Holpon Guard and Fili Shield/Delphi Shield). There are no other items in those metas.

FE13 doesn't even have items.

If you want the ability to take just 2 Items AND/OR weapons, then you're severely limiting the ideas of playing the game. Why bother with Legendaries that hurt you (according to your meta) and why bother with braves that lead more and more to chance, when you could just pick a forged Silver weapon or the strongest and most accurate non-legendary Tome, and just have a hayday with it? Your plan to minimize variety also minimizes strategy

-Legendary weapons has recoil of 1/3 dealt damage

Because they are too OP.

Legendary Weapons in all games that aren't FE13 are limited to like, one of each. They counter eachother well enough, and there's still other unique weaponry like the unlimited supply of Reavers/Slayer weapons, as well as the unique weapons that counter eachother. Certain Legendary weapons are awful, like Rexaura. Do you want to nerf them even more? That's a horrible idea. You're just encouraging people to use more Brave weapons for increased chances at skill procs, or forged Silver weapons to just work on raw power without self-inflicted punishment and sabotage

What about FE7 Paladins, FE8 Great Knights and Generals, and FE13 Great Knights/Dread Fighters? You're artificially limiting their ability by imposing restrictions that alter the very design of their class

-No dubling

Because dubling is stupidly OP. It is ridiculus that obe unit has like 4 more speed and because of thtat it deal 2x more damage.

Do units that double say, Brom and Gatrie, completely slaughter them? Units that thrive on being fast enough to double others also thrive on the ability to deal incredible damage when they double.

-+5 attack on weapon triangle. No hit/avoid gains

Because other changes only makes sense with that.

So far you don't really care about the ability to dodge things, since most of your changes have removed the effects of Hit/Avo. I don't understand why you want to completely rebuild the already established rulesset

-brave weapons have 20 hit less in second strike[/quote

As much as I actually agree with this one, I'm not sure why. You already nerfed things by completely removing Attack Speed and preventing doubling from occurring. Now, you want to nerf the only (in your new setup) ability to double? For what it's worth, Brave weapons already have questionable accuracy against faster units, and they're weaker weapons compared to tankier units. They slice up mages into ribbons though.

-Wrath no more gives you full crit. It gives you +10 attack

So, Wrath gives +10 attack instead of full crit, or Wrath gives full crit and +10 attack? FE13 Wrath gives +20 crit and it's arguably the most useless skill in the entire game. Wrath in FE9/10 give Flat +50 and is useful on many levels. You want to buff one and nerf two? Resolve already does pretty much the same thing.

-Miracel works only once and fatal hit brings you to 1hp

SO, just all Miracles works like FE13 Miracle?

I dunno, FE Link arenas already have a pretty established ruleset. If you wanna test it out, that's fine, but I'm honestly comfortable using the established ruleset, which matches and conforms with the already existing game structure, than building and inventing a brand new meta, testing it out with all sorts of hypotheticals, then expanding on the tests to create something that becomes less and less like the fire emblem we already know. To me, you want this to become more like a Pokemon meta, which goes against the very idea of a Fire Emblem meta existing on its own

Edited by Elieson

Sure

Gen 1?

Also Espinosa, you can't check multiple boxes in the "UNBAN?" category of your poll.

Edited by Elieson