Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna try an FE6 averages game, I have the best worst team idea ever I want to try. No SM's averages would be preferred.

If possible i'd like to try averages + boosters too, only including boosters you get ingame ignoring the secret shop. I'm working on putting together a list of them now.

Edited by General Horace

I wanna try an FE6 averages game, I have the best worst team idea ever I want to try. No SM's averages would be preferred.

If possible i'd like to try averages + boosters too, only including boosters you get ingame ignoring the secret shop. I'm working on putting together a list of them now.

That will be a very useful list to have.

You know what? Sure, I'll accept. Let's see what I can come up with and hope I don't get wrecked, utterly, like Zeiss.

Haha, awesome. The list is a bit different though, since there are two route splits.

Here it is.

You get these regardless

1 Angelic Robe
1 Goddess Icon
1 Secret Book
1 Body Ring
1 Talisman
1 Speedwings
1 Dragonshield

and then make a choice for extra boosters... (choose one of A/B Route and one of Sacae/Ilia route)

A Route           or        B Route
1 Dragonshield             1 Speedwing
1 Angelic Robe             1 Dragonshield
1 Speedwings               1 Energy Ring

Ilia            or           Sacae 
1 Goddess Icon             1 Energy Ring
1 Speedwings               1 Dragonshield
1 Angelic Robe             1 Goddess Icon
1 Energy Ring
1 Secret Book

So depending on your team, you may want one set of boosters over the other. Although Ilia vs Sacae is kind of... a Dragonshield vs Angelic Robe + Secret book.

Edited by General Horace

Oh yeah, good point. If you pick A Route, you have access to Echidna. If you pick B Route, you get access to Bartre. (the dancers don't matter)

And on Ilia route, you get Juno, and Sacae you get Dayan.

Gonzales's are different, Geese's are the same. Just go http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/average-stats/gonzales-dir/there and pick whichever route you use if you use Gonzales. He's a lot better on A Route.

Also Tate's and Klein's stats are ever so slightly different too. Tate gets an extra point of luck on A route, and actually Klein ends up being the same.

Edited by General Horace

Gonzales's are different, Geese's are the same. Just go http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/average-stats/gonzales-dir/there and pick whichever route you use if you use Gonzales. He's a lot better on A Route.

Also Tate's and Klein's stats are ever so slightly different too. Tate gets an extra point of luck on A route, and actually Klein ends up being the same.

True, I assume Hard Mode as well? Either way, he's an axe user without a + hit affinity, so...

One more point of luck? Hot Dog, I'm sold!

I think I've got how it works now, those rn's were probably the most confusing thing to figure out though.

Hits use Double RNG, which basically means you roll twice and use the average.

We've never really restricted units based on what route you take or what choices you make, so if somebody submitted a team with both Harken and Karel, or both Echidna and Bartre, I wouldn't really have a big problem. "Continuity within one game file", though...

We always used the best Hard Mode stats, up until Awakening no reclass averages that is (Flavia and Basilio too stronk).

Edited by Snoop Dogg

how would you even handle Berserk?

Hosts would have to RN a 1/(surviving Playercount) chance to see if the side with the berserked unit is forced to randomly attack, instead of letting the player choose

Then, it's a 1/(surviving units) chance to see who gets hit, and with I guess the most optimal weapon?

I'd just leave them with what they were currently equipped with.

What did people think of my 2 actions per turn idea? It allows healing to be viable since you wouldn't sacrifice a turn for combat but if you chose to spend both actions fighting then it might be too big of a downfall for the second player. Presumably each PC would only be allowed one action per turn unless we wanted to bring dancers into the mix but they'd likely only be relevant in an 4 and 13 meta. Then you could let the same person attack twice but they'd have to have a dancer on their team.

Better safe then sorry!

I'm still deciding if I want to run a massive gimmick or try to make a non gimmick team.

Dude, gimmicks. I'm going to try a gimmick, no idea if it works though...

Yea, that's what I assumed since I think all FE games use it?

I think the idea was actually introduced in FE7, but I've been using it for FE6 because...reasons.

So piggybacking off the idea for a set money amount for GBA game Link Arenas

How would you guys feel about Legendaries getting a numerical value we set as well. Making them a bit harder to all have at once, of course money values would be a bit tricky to think of a cap for us to all have.

Also has anyone done the age old 1v1v1v1 Link Arena format before?