Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Yeah, iirc it was a mess that was quite difficult to finish.

Could be fun to try out with the hyperoffensive FE13 gen 1 meta, though that's far from the only hyperoffensive meta that we have...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So piggybacking off the idea for a set money amount for GBA game Link Arenas

How would you guys feel about Legendaries getting a numerical value we set as well. Making them a bit harder to all have at once, of course money values would be a bit tricky to think of a cap for us to all have.

Also has anyone done the age old 1v1v1v1 Link Arena format before?

In fe7 they did, when sold and tallied for funds ranks. I think they deserve a value

Eh, I'm not sure how I feel about Legendary's getting a value. They're definitely powerful weapons, yes, but since each side gets them and most is not every weapon type does as well, there probably isn't a huge need.

1v1v1v1 sounds like utter chaos, which in turn sounds great, but like such a nightmare to host...

Wasn't I going to fight Sabers in FE13? I don't remember how that went.

I believe that was the issue left to settle.

Gen1 Maxes it was, yes? One renewal per team or just allow them all? You can actually make a team where everyone has renewal in Gen1.

I could host it I guess.

Didn't you wish to take a break though? I wish not to pressure you good sir.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

i didn't host anything for almost a week, I just wanted a break for a couple of days.

I'm only hosting an fe4 game right now which is entirely brainless to host so i'm good for this one.

elie's made excel sheets for fe6 that does all the work for you (I think, I haven't actually downloaded it to test it yet), so hosting wouldn't be too hard.

and yeah, just toss me a PM with your teams when you guys are ready.

Edited by General Horace

I did a FE13 Mirenewal team already, yo.

It failed :(

But did you also have Cherche, Kellam, Libra, the Avatar and Lissa with renewal on the same team?

Yea that's correct, I'd say go with 1 renewal per team.

Probably a good idea, to prevent a situation like the above.

elie's made excel sheets for fe6 that does all the work for you (I think, I haven't actually downloaded it to test it yet), so hosting wouldn't be too hard.

and yeah, just toss me a PM with your teams when you guys are ready.

Really? Come on, I've been doing this all by...self, I guess...

Did we find out if Bond stacks?

@Anon, yea

I'm fixing a small bug (involving teams with the same named unit) which I'd prefer to point out to you, but I'll actually have that released tomorrow. If u try it tonight, you need Excel. Also, just temporarily remove the unit from Blue side, that shares the same name as the unit on Red side. It's dumb but excel is dumb.

Posting a note for myself: Death Check Button

I might even do a YouTube video for it.

Fe7 will involve adjusting numbers for Reavers, (easy) adding in S-rank handling (easy) and adjusting Data overall, which will just take time.

I accidentally coded in the Iron Rune and it doesn't even exist in fe7. Is there a Delphi/fili/iote shield in fe6? M

I definately think Vengeance is a better skill. There's a chance that Galeforce will do absolutely nothing, and sometimes it's not even a good idea to take your second attack.

I don't think it needs to be banned. Jedi's Cordelia just got put in a really advantageous situation, which probably could have been avoided.

Most of the Galeforce units kinda suck anyway (Sumia, Lissa, and Maribelle are all pretty bad, I guess Sumia is useable though, she does get pavise/luna at least) and Olivia/Say'ri aren't anything special either. Robin and Cordelia are pretty good though.

Edited by General Horace

If one of you could check how Bond really works, that'd be great. No reason to restrict it to one per team if multiple of these don't stack, even if the effect is essentially the same in the end.

Does Galeforce have any place on a Sorc, you think? Cordelia and Aversa both have access to that. Aversa arguably makes the better Sorc, but they have their specifics.