Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

If thats the case I kinda agree. But are we going to have 80/20/20/20/20/20/20 for everyone? That kinda ruined Mages isn't it?

As for the whole low Averages thing, that reminds me on how Xavier would fare in Max stats meta. Max speed = not doubled. He can feasibly dodge innacurate Hammertime, has 20% innate evasion and wrath.

I agreed with Hawkeye to decide it with a poll

Edited by JSND

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose, but I just find 20's across the board would be rather bland. Maybe make a poll for it?

How about dismounting? I assume nobody would be interested due to the stat loss, but do we want to include it in case people really want to use more swords?

It sure would make calculations easier though, haha! I do agree that stats being different is the main appeal of average metagames. I think we should play a couple of games first, then make the relevant conclusions together.

Is, say, dismounted Finn any viable? And is it not possible to cap 20s for a second time while levelling dismounted in-game? I'm thinking of SD/NM here; no idea how it actually works in-game.

Give me more poll questions and I'll put up a new one (we've discussed a lot of stuff but I can't think of anything else I want polled at the moment).

King Sword and Elite Sword - do you get just one of each or multiple?

Is, say, dismounted Finn any viable? And is it not possible to cap 20s for a second time while levelling dismounted in-game? I'm thinking of SD/NM here; no idea how it actually works in-game.

Its mostly for dodging Horse slaying weapon and better weaponries for Lance lock that just happen to not be Finn(Kein is the big example for obvious reason). And yes, its possible. Its exactly like SD/NM, except the stats change is being done during battle

Edited by JSND

Dismounted mounts will need to have separate calculations for their 20/20 averages then. shadykid did all the work there; I didn't even check any of his calcs. Until we have these stats, let's not dismount for the time being.

Concerning the order and mechanics of skill activation:

1) When characters have two skills, which one should be checked first?

2) Moonlight Sword and Sun Sword descriptions state that they always connect. Should we have the skill RN precede the hit-crit thing (I just realised there'll be one-RN calcs... oh boy).

WRT sword skills, Astra and Continue check before the attack (or pair of attacks for Brave effect) and Luna and Sol check before hit on each hit.

The only skills that aren't 100% or activated by the unit receiving the attack are sword skills and continue, so it really doesn't matter. For continue there's literally no difference, for moon and sun, you can do it after and just have it override hit, for astra you can roll it first and do 5 hits, or roll it last and do 4 additional hits. I guess it will be a little bit clearer to roll it first.

lol ninja'd with actual game-based info

wait, so if continue and shooting star roll before a pair of brave hits, does that mean that they max out at 6 and 12 attacks respectively?

Edited by Hawkeye

WRT sword skills, Astra and Continue check before the attack (or pair of attacks for Brave effect) and Luna and Sol check before hit on each hit.

Wait, how are the two even different? You phrased it like it's the same thing, or maybe it's just me.

When initiating an attack or pair of attacks (if Brave is in effect), before any other hit/crit/skill checks, roll for Continue or Astra.

If Continue procs, it's 2 attacks or 4 attacks for Brave.

If Astra procs, it's 5 attacks or 10 attacks for Brave.

Before each individual attack, roll for Sol or Luna.

I don't know what order the checks are done and whether the two pairs of skills can stack (I know Astra and Luna/Sol can stack but I don't think Astra and Continue can stack).

Edited by X-Naut

[spoiler=see teams here]

SB's team

7ybr.pngq3wv.pngxxj1.pngbsit.pngdfpa.png

Warrior!Garcia, General!Amelia, Ranger!Neimi, Paladin!Franz, Paladin!Seth

vs.

Nicolas's team!

vk4m.png5ry8.pngjng2.png4lhr.pngawhb.png

Wyvern Knight!Vanessa, Sage!Moulder, Mage Knight!Lute, Great Knight!Kyle, Assassin!Colm

Turn 7.

dfpa.pngvsjng2.png

SB's Seth (Brave Sword) attacks Nicolas's Lute (Thunder)!

19x2 dmg 37% hit 0% crit

(92 58 92)

Seth misses!

(10 41 78)

Lute receives 8/37 damage!

Lute is KO'd!

Stats:

SB

Garcia 0/59

Amelia 0/49

Neimi 0/40

Franz 52/52

Seth 47/47

Nicolas

Vanessa 19/39

Moulder 49/49

Lute 0/37

Kyle 59/59

Colm 49/49

Nicolas acts next!

Since we're not using skill manuals, the only one with two activated skills is galzus with shooting star and moonlight. So if he were attacking once, I assume we would roll for shooting star, and if it fails we would roll for moonlight. But if it's successful, would we roll for moonlight for each of the five attacks, or not at all? I'm assuming the latter but if anyone knows for sure that would be great.

Also, big shield can block moonlight and sun, and rolls for each hit of astra/continue/charge, correct?

Edited by Hawkeye

When initiating an attack or pair of attacks (if Brave is in effect), before any other hit/crit/skill checks, roll for Continue or Astra.

If Continue procs, it's 2 attacks or 4 attacks for Brave.

If Astra procs, it's 5 attacks or 10 attacks for Brave.

Before each individual attack, roll for Sol or Luna.

I don't know what order the checks are done and whether the two pairs of skills can stack (I know Astra and Luna/Sol can stack but I don't think Astra and Continue can stack).

Ah, I think I figured that out.

Let me try to come up with an example... Uh, Mareeta. Gets Adept and Luna. Attack with the Mareeta Sword (brave effect).

(Adept)

(hit crit Luna)

(hit crit Luna)

(hit crit Luna)

(hit crit Luna)

OR

[spoiler=long]

(Adept)

(Luna)

(hit crit)

(Luna)

(hit crit)

(Luna)

(hit crit)

(Luna)

(hit crit)

I guess either way is fine as long as we're consistent about it?

Since we're not using skill manuals, the only one with two activated skills is galzus with shooting star and moonlight. So if he were attacking once, I assume we would roll for shooting star, and if it fails we would roll for moonlight. But if it's successful, would we roll for moonlight for each of the five attacks, or not at all? I'm assuming the latter but if anyone knows for sure that would be great.

Also, big shield can block moonlight and sun, and rolls for each hit of astra/continue/charge, correct?

Don't forget that all SMs and Sages get Continue.

Edited by Espinosa

Oh crap I would have completely missed that thanks IS
As far as double skills goes, that means mareeta has continue and moonlight, and shiva has continue and sun. That isn't an issue as far as I can tell, it's really just continue and shooting star that would be confusing. The way you have it laid out seems correct.

If we do that, we'll have to apply it to supports as well. The only way that would be an issue would be if people are running Nanna and Delmud (not impossible I guess). I would vote to not worry about positioning, but I guess we could if that's what people want. Also, Charisma doesn't affect the unit who has it, correct?

I'm switching from my cushy office job to my less-than-cushy minimum wage job now, so I will be offline for the next 6 hours. I currently have 3 fe8 teams and one fe5 team. I would really like all teams to be submitted within 6 hours, or else I can't guaruntee I'll be running your game tomorrow. Currently X-Naut and randa are paired, so quintessence and JSND are looking for partners for fe8 and fe5, respectively.

if you use that definition, then it's a 4-square radius.

EDIT: it's the same as support bonuses, and formation doesn't matter for support bonuses in link arena.

It doesn't matter in the original GBA LA? Then it shouldn't matter here either. I guess the only exception would be for TearRing Saga, where AoE magic makes character placement important (and even then you have target-all ones).

The natural support range is still the same here as it is in the GBA games, correct?

[spoiler=see teams here]

SB's team

7ybr.pngq3wv.pngxxj1.pngbsit.pngdfpa.png

Warrior!Garcia, General!Amelia, Ranger!Neimi, Paladin!Franz, Paladin!Seth

vs.

Nicolas's team!

vk4m.png5ry8.pngjng2.png4lhr.pngawhb.png

Wyvern Knight!Vanessa, Sage!Moulder, Mage Knight!Lute, Great Knight!Kyle, Assassin!Colm

Turn 8.

dfpa.pngvs4lhr.png

Nicolas's Kyle (Swordslayer) attacks SB's Seth (Brave Sword)!

21 dmg 100% hit 0% crit

(59 43 0)

Seth receives 21/47 damage!

Seth counterattacks!

11x2 dmg 44% hit 0% crit

(38 71 34)

Seth misses!

(22 5 66)

Kyle receives 11/59 damage!

Both sides survive the fight.

Stats:

SB