Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That crit probably maybe gave my a decent chance at winning lol

You're gonna need a lot of crits if you want to defeat Ena!

Next time I do testing in the maximum stats PoR arena, I'll try a team not based around supports. Even with the increased viability of so many characters, characters' potential to fight alone seems more important. We should also find out whether Ena deserves to be banned that way, too (that she beats your team is more or less clear, but you could also happen to make such a team that fails to beat Ilyana-supported Gatrie with the VK, too, so it doesn't say a whole lot just yet).

If I had Ilyana, Soren, Giffca, or laguz slaying weapons I'd be alright, I think. >_>

Having her was just mean, Espinosa. :<

She's probably the top suspect for a ban in PoR maximum stats right now.

But do you notice how much I've had Ena attack during the whole game? Not a single time. It all boils down to how well Ena can fight the other endgame characters, i.e. Tibarn and Giffca, Ike/Oscar with Laguzguards etc. 45 atk fully transformed is quite big, but can be reduced with Laguzguard and things like Ragnell. LG Ike receives 8 dmg per round of combat against Ena w/ Ragnell for example, and dodges a lot with an Oscar support. 7 dmg back isn't very impressive though, so Ike's chances of winning considering Ena's Renewal probably depends on how much he procs Aether. One Luna inflicts 26 damage for example, and Sol heals nearly all dmg Ena inflicts with one attack.

I think the main task is to discover whether it's too easy to remove potential Ena counters to easily guarantee yourself a victory. She might end up banned, but we don't quite know for sure yet.

Looking at your use of Lethe, I still don't think that any other non-royal Laguz but Ena is really that viable.

Lethe has mainly been a support unit for Jill, but she herself does have her uses. I'm kinda fearful on using her, though, since she's been taking hits pretty hard. But since she's gonna transform soon, I'm planning on giving her one more time to attack.

Turn 11

[spoiler=Teams and Rules]

Espinosa's team
tpz7.pngiqfw.png3jbw.png84ka.pngeofp.png

VS

ZeeEmm's team
1du9.pngtq2g.png6ryz.pngvow8.pngk85u.png

Ruleset:
- Maximum Stats meta, no boosters, no custom skills
- Shade active until 2 members have fallen, Provoke always active
- GBA-style counter
- NOJ Effectiveness (3x)

The Transformation Gauge belonging to Espinosa's Ena has decreased by 3. Ena's Gauge is at 11/20.

3jbw.png vs. vow8.png

Espinosa's Brom (Vague Katti) attacks ZeeEmm's Haar (Killer Axe)!

16 dmg 99% hit 27% crit 27% Skill
(22 76 13 85)

Brom scores a crit! Haar receives 48 damage!

Haar has died.

--Result--

Current HP (Espinosa's Team)
Ike: 0/60
Boyd: 46/60
Brom: 55/60
Nephenee: 0/59
Ena: 72/72

Current HP (ZeeEmm's Team)

Makalov: 0/60
Astrid: 56/56
Jill: 60/60
Haar: 0/60
Lethe: 31/68

Turn 11 Ends. ZeeEmm performs next.

Hey guys. As things currently stand, I have 3 fe8 teams and 3 fe5 teams submitted. The fe8 game will be randa vs x-naut, and the fe5 game will be jsnd vs espinosa. Unless additional teams get submitted very, very shortly, quintessence and dio will have to wait until next time to play. On the bright side, it looks like I may now be able to host on Sunday as well, so next time could be pretty soon.

Oh crap I would have completely missed that thanks IS

As far as double skills goes, that means mareeta has continue and moonlight, and shiva has continue and sun. That isn't an issue as far as I can tell, it's really just continue and shooting star that would be confusing. The way you have it laid out seems correct.

Correction. Mareeta has Continue, Shooting Star, Moonlight AND Awareness

Whoever hosted a match with Mareeta is having a hard time

Dio was among the first who expressed desire to play FE5, so he should probably be the one playing JSND today. I'll wait for the next opportunity then (or run one of your other games).

Technically I could run ZM vs. PKL since both of these teams were sent to me a while ago, and BBM could play Quintessence (if he also has a FE8 team)?

I think we could decide on games to run based on online presence, because time has shown that 2 players + host being available at the same time leads to much faster games than when done otherwise, and things would get messy if we had 5 matches going on at once.