Some questions about this game

I just started it (I'm loving it so far), and I have some basic questions like who are the best units in the game, etc. The two main question are which Pegasus Knight is best, because they all seem pretty good, and are there any characters who are way better in different classes than their natural?

I just started it (I'm loving it so far), and I have some basic questions like who are the best units in the game, etc. The two main question are which Pegasus Knight is best, because they all seem pretty good, and are there any characters who are way better in different classes than their natural?

I gotta ask you a question too. What difficulty are you playing?

Catria Palla and Caeda are some of the best units in the game. Palla is generally considered the best due to her absurd bases, weapon rank and strength growth. But Catria is also really good at combat and with some babying and a Falcoknight promotion, could be better than Palla in the endgame. Caeda is just awesome in the Prologue and has a really nice PRF, Wing Spear that makes her very useful. Since it's your first playthrough, I'm gonna mention some of the units at the beginning and what they prefer for a class:

Luke: Likes being a Myrmidon and of course, Cavalier. With male class sets unlocked, he makes a nice Pirate, Hunter, Mercenary, Sniper.

Rody: Likes being a Cavalier out of his non-mixed classes. With male class sets unlocked, he makes a decent Pirate.

Ryan: Likes being a Myrmidon and Archer out of his non-mixed classes. With male class sets unlocked, he makes a nice Hunter or Pirate.

Cecille: Likes peg knight ocasionally to get some lance rank before promotion. Can also go magic based and be weirdly effective.

Draug: Likes Hunter and Cavalier if male class sets are unlocked.

Edited by PKL

Catria, weeeee~

That's just my pref, though.

Caeda, too, because Wing Spear.

I never use Palla or Est, due to character limitations. Tiki replaces my Palla. Because the Divinestone's effectiveness end-game is just godly.

I found that Caeda and Catria did well as Snipers, while Camus I mean, Sirius did well in any class. (Except maybe General, BECAUSE DAT CRAPPY SPEED. D:<)

Malliesia is a good Sage, because her magic growth is high, making the 30 MAG cap very appealing.

But I tend to not reclass too much, because I use a lot of non-reclassing units.

Marth, Feena, Julian, Tiki, specifically... That's almost half of my units.

FE13's Lunatic+ is harder than FE12's H3 and H4 imo.

That's only because it breaks the game by adding skills that appear by luck.

FE12 Reverse is really hard, though.

I BEAT IT, DOE.

I like using Catria, and Est comes pretty late in the game, so by then, I already have Catria is already promoted.

Palla would be a pretty good choice too, I believe she comes in Chapter 2 (if not, then Chapter 3, I kind of forget), and when she DOES come, her speed is 16; meaning it's only 4 stats away from being capped. And that's her base stats.

Wow PKL admited Catria is good.

Also Fe12 is funny in how its one of the easier Fe's on lower diffculties but The absolute hardest on its highest 2

I like Catria these days since I got over my tsundere-ness for her. :P

FE13's Lunatic+ is harder than FE12's H3 and H4 imo.

Harder, yes but in a really bullshit way.

I feel like the only unfair stage in Lunatic+ is Chapter 2. Also if you're recruiting Libra, Chapter 9 will involve resetting to make sure Libra doesn't get stomped by Luna+ or Counter. Aside from those stages, it seems like multiple users have figured out reliable strategies. The random skills definitely make the game less fun, though, imo.

Edited by Nessie

I feel like the only unfair stage in Lunatic+ is Chapter 2. Also if you're recruiting Libra, Chapter 9 will involve resetting to make sure Libra doesn't get stomped by Luna+ or Counter. Aside from those stages, it seems like multiple users have figured out reliable strategies. The random skills definitely make the game less fun, though, imo.

Exactly, it's not fun and it's almost unplayably bad imo. Chapter 2 is enough to make it a bad difficulty since it's resetting until you get lucky. I was there for 2 hours of my life. 2 hours. I went through it once and will never do it again.

Edited by PKL

But Catria is also really good at combat and with some babying and a Falcoknight promotion, could be better than Palla in the endgame.

Ryan: Likes being a Myrmidon and Archer out of his non-mixed classes. With male class sets unlocked, he makes a nice Hunter or Pirate.

Cecille: Likes peg knight ocasionally to get some lance rank before promotion. Can also go magic based and be weirdly effective.

Draug: Likes Hunter and Cavalier if male class sets are unlocked.

First line wins award for "Understatement of the Year". A more accurate statement is, Catria as a Falcoknight will outclass Palla starting C12 and continue to demolish Palla in virtually every facet of combat performance except OHKO power, but whatever Catria can't OHKO she'll probably be doubling and ORKOing.

PKL is known to have favouritism for Ryan so take that with a grain of salt. Like he's the easiest to train in the prologue and he's got the best bow rank but IMO, his SPD (which is important in this game) is unstable and sucks. Also, can't wait to see this myrm!Ryan I keep hearing about. Seriously, it's not that I don't believe you but come on... E swords...?

Cecille and Draug suck. Low HP, shit DEF (and the latter also having shit LUK) and nothing inherently special about them unlike for instance Caeda and her Wing spear.

If you want my opinion, just train Luke (he's got the best bases and pretty much the best growth spread to handle this game on harder difficulties) out of your prologue units and pick up Caeda once she rejoins. No one else in prologue is anything special (except Myunit/Avatar character). Rody can be good if you have mixed male sets but you have to build his weapon ranks up from scratch.

First line wins award for "Understatement of the Year". A more accurate statement is, Catria as a Falcoknight will outclass Palla starting C12 and continue to demolish Palla in virtually every facet of combat performance except OHKO power, but whatever Catria can't OHKO she'll probably be doubling and ORKOing.

PKL is known to have favouritism for Ryan so take that with a grain of salt. Like he's the easiest to train in the prologue and he's got the best bow rank but IMO, his SPD (which is important in this game) is unstable and sucks. Also, can't wait to see this myrm!Ryan I keep hearing about. Seriously, it's not that I don't believe you but come on... E swords...?

Cecille and Draug suck. Low HP, shit DEF (and the latter also having shit LUK) and nothing inherently special about them unlike for instance Caeda and her Wing spear.

If you want my opinion, just train Luke (he's got the best bases and pretty much the best growth spread to handle this game on harder difficulties) out of your prologue units and pick up Caeda once she rejoins. No one else in prologue is anything special (except Myunit/Avatar character). Rody can be good if you have mixed male sets but you have to build his weapon ranks up from scratch.

Why do you sound so bitter? And you're making rather uninformed statements. Yes, I've used Myrmidon Ryan in H2 with sucess. And his spd only requires some wings in Lunatic. In any other mode, he's a perfectly serviceable unit that might get screwed, like any other unit can. Surprise: Luke has 50 spd growth too in the Prologue! Saying Cecille and Draug suck, I can tell that, wow you have really high standards for what constitutes a good unit and can't see beyond Luke luke luke luke linde linde linde spam. There are other good units in the game, you know? Not always do you have to play with the same units.

EDIT: I have bias for Ryan, but when it comes to speaking objectively, I only say he's good. You have admitted to also have bias for Ryan but on the hate side, so don't bring bias up and stop with the attitude.

Edited by PKL

My apologies if I sound bitter. But come on Catria > Palla earlier than late game. I have roughly the same amount of favouritism for Linde that you do for Ryan. Honestly, I don't think I'm exaggerating claims about Cecille and Drauge. Luke is the easiest to argue as being the best. Check your PM.

My apologies if I sound bitter. But come on Catria > Palla earlier than late game. I have roughly the same amount of favouritism for Linde that you do for Ryan. Honestly, I don't think I'm exaggerating claims about Cecille and Drauge. Luke is the easiest to argue as being the best. Check your PM.

It depends. An average Palla with a Speedwing and RP still doubles Fire Dragons and OHKOs Wyverns in C12. Catria wins in the last turn of C12, bosskilling well...the Fire Dragon boss. But both Palla and Catria are good in the Icelands, though Palla has slight crit chances without shards/Rainbow Pot and Catria's Falcoknight spd starts mattering with bosskills. The point is, Palla obviously wins early on, stays relevant in midgame and can be reclassed to Swordmaster/Sniper in the lategame to stay decently useful. While Catria can stay as a Flier so she more visibly wins the lategame. And yes, you are exaggerating on Draug Cecille, people have used them with sucess in H3 in the past. Cecille is very dependent on a Lunatic Statbooster Seraph Robe, but her offense as a Cavalier kicks off faster than Rody or Luke, she has Lady Sword and can be a Falcoknight with an actual sword rank. She's far from "bad". And come on, you know Draug is really cool even if he doesn't get Prologue exp. His bases allow him to double Cavaliers as a Cavalier with Rainbow Potion. I found that incredibly useful in my H3 run's Chapter 2 and Chapter 3. If you put some exp into him, he's even better. Anyway, sorry for misinterpreting your first post. It's hard to tell one's tone on the internet.

dondon151's playthrough was the only one where I ever saw Cecille actually pulling weight, but he needed forges for her to ORKO dragons and he had difficulty with her durability. Draug is nice a fast temp, but his HP growth kind of low and bad LUK as well. The reasons why I like Linde, Sirius and even Palla (I know I bash her constantly but I do like her) is because they have decent enough HP and DEF/LUK (but not both) to very precisely control EPs. Basically with these units you can make the EP into the PP. Linde for instance has a sign on her back that says "hit me" whenever she's a mage and another sign that says "don't even think about it" when she's a SM. Sirius and Palla also attract enemies on the EP due to their LUK, but unlike Draug the units I like can actually take those hits (Linde needing Nosferatu ofcourse). Draug is low HP, low LUK, low DEF. How do you make it work?

Edit: I think dondon151 was using Draug but later decided to drop him either because he was having difficulty using him or because he got bad levels or something. Either way, I've never seen Draug realize whatever potential he has (and I doubt it's much).

Edited by commonguard