1st Serenes' Pokémon X/Y Tournament (Multi Battle) - New poll!

Alfred Kamon

Opinions?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. This tournament isn't working-- what should we do?

• Scrap it completely and make new ones.
    • Put this on hiatus and make new tournaments in the meantime.
    • Wait till this tournament finishes.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Thursday 11/14 you'll have one week of time to prepare your teams. So the tournament will begin on Friday 11/22. For round 1, you'll have to battle against all the others within 4-5 days max (Scenario A) or 2-3 days (Scenario B).

Edited by Alfred Kamon

You can ask Fruity Insanity. He made an evasion double team but it wasn't invincible and it didn't rely entirely on luck. He mostly lost to players who had some great and quick firepower, or combos that ignore evasion like Hail + Blizzard.

It's still really annoying if I get enough time to set up.

I've had more than a few people disconnect on me. D:

But it's not good enough to be a reliable team, no. As long as you hit fast and hard, evasion isn't really a problem.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Now that I've had a day to sulk and mourn over my hard work in IV breeding going to waste....

I'm joining! Gonna try to feel optimistic about this!

Who knows, maybe you'll pair up with someone who agrees to make use of the pokémon you have already trained, or if you're lucky enough, with the person (LuxSpes I suppose) you were willing to be in team with. :)

Who knows, maybe you'll pair up with someone who agrees to make use of the pokémon you have already trained, or if you're lucky enough, with the person (LuxSpes I suppose) you were willing to be in team with. :)

Nah, we agreed that we would not use the pokemon that we bred for our team with other people. We worked hard on it so that our respective 3 pokes worked well with the other half of the team. May seem kind of weird that we restrict out use of the few comp worthy poke we have, but after we planned it together, would feel bad to use it with someone else and/or against each other.

And I'll be joining too. I'm still a bit butthurt that the vote of non-participant were counted and that I have to re-plan a whole new team, but the idea of a tournament is fun. Just hope I'll have the time to play. End of semester is coming pretty fast (Only 2 more weeks before exams :o:)

I wish I could join, but I'm afraid I don't have a team that's worth using in this since it seems to mostly be competitive.

Also, you'll need a number of players that's divisible by 4, not 2. So you have enough to fill every battle. 9 pairs won't be enough, as you'll have one team leftover if you divide them up for battles since 18 is not divisible by 4. You'll need 10 pairs at the soonest, meaning 20 players. Two more people should join this before it starts.

I wish I could join, but I'm afraid I don't have a team that's worth using in this since it seems to mostly be competitive.

Also, you'll need a number of players that's divisible by 4, not 2. So you have enough to fill every battle. 9 pairs won't be enough, as you'll have one team leftover if you divide them up for battles since 18 is not divisible by 4. You'll need 10 pairs at the soonest, meaning 20 players. Two more people should join this before it starts.

It is, in fact.

But wouldn't this be a great chance to start building a competitive team with someone? It surely helps a lot in improving your skills and all~ If you're willing to give your best I don't think the person you team up with will see you as a weight even if you have no experience in competitive battling yet.

By the way. . . In Scenario A, we don't need to be divisible by 4, since everyone battles anyone in any case. And Scenario A definitely won this.

Though I came up with an idea to better the whole situation:

What about having Scenario A for the first round and Scenario B for the second one?

For example:

- Beginning of the tournament: 10 couples

- Every couple fights with the other 9

- The 4 couples who won the most pass to round 2

- Round 2 is basically a Scenario B where you have couple1VScouple2 and couple3VScouple4.

- Round 3 is the final match between the two winning couples.

What do you think?

In my opinion going through Scenario A for the whole tournament will make it VERY repetitive.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I don't see how not having a team prevents you from joining, since everyone has a week to build a team.

If it's building a competitive team that's scaring you away, you could just decide what general strategy and pokemon you want to use, and get those pokemon without caring about EVs, IVs and so on. That shouldn't take too much time, right?

Wouldn't having 4 battles in the first round be enough? For example, randomly divide the 10 pairs into 2 groups, everyone in that group battles each other, and the two with most wins advance to a basic knockout tournament style round 2?

9 battles could get hard to accomplish, considering timezones and that everyone needs sleep. Although the cool guys don't need sleep

It is, in fact.

But wouldn't this be a great chance to start building a competitive team with someone? It surely helps a lot in improving your skills and all~ If you're willing to give your best I don't think the person you team up with will see you as a weight even if you have no experience in competitive battling yet.

By the way. . . In Scenario A, we don't need to be divisible by 4, since everyone battles anyone in any case. And Scenario A definitely won this.

Though I came up with an idea to better the whole situation:

What about having Scenario A for the first round and Scenario B for the second one?

For example:

- Beginning of the tournament: 10 couples

- Every couple fights with the other 9

- The 4 couples who won the most pass to round 2

- Round 2 is basically a Scenario B where you have couple1VScouple2 and couple3VScouple4.

- Round 3 is the final match between the two winning couples.

What do you think?

In my opinion going through Scenario A for the whole tournament will make it VERY repetitive.

I agree with this, it would be very repetitive otherwise.

Wouldn't having 4 battles in the first round be enough? For example, randomly divide the 10 pairs into 2 groups, everyone in that group battles each other, and the two with most wins advance to a basic knockout tournament style round 2?

9 battles could get hard to accomplish, considering timezones and that everyone needs sleep. Although the cool guys don't need sleep

This is a great idea, thanks Sylph. ;) I second this.