1st Serenes' Pokémon X/Y Tournament (Multi Battle) - New poll!

Alfred Kamon

Opinions?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. This tournament isn't working-- what should we do?

• Scrap it completely and make new ones.
    • Put this on hiatus and make new tournaments in the meantime.
    • Wait till this tournament finishes.

Seems like eclipse will be replacing you, Knife.

Has someone already fought, by the way?

Yeah, me and Wackosso had a battle yesterday against Knife and Boner.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to have a battle yet. I've been extremely busy with schoolwork the last few days and I've been playing FE:A in my spare time.

I've added everyone in group 2 and I'd be able to battle until 11pm tonight and probably from 6:30pm to 11pkm tomorrow, I'll have to wait and see for later in the week.

So I was hoping to get my battles done before today because I just started my new job, but I haven't even gotten a one. I may have to swap out, but I'll post here when I get home from work and maybe I can still manage somehow.

Me and Sylphid will be available almost all day tomorow. Just send us a pm and we'll be ready :)

Just to be more specific, me and Safyrya's schedules match best today, so we would prefer having as many battles as possible today.

So, its been 4 days and Richard and I haven't been able to battle anyone from Group 2. I've been thinking; since we can't seem to run into a point where everyone is online at the same time, perhaps everyone (and I mean everyone; haven't been many people from Group 2 posting here in a while) should post when they're available in the coming days and let Alfred or someone decide when matches should be held based on availability so we have a specific time in the day that the interested parties should be making themselves available for. And battles don't usually take very long either (certainly no more than half an hour at most), so people should hopefully be able to spare 20-30 minutes during a time when both teams are online, timezone permitting.

I dunno, thoughts? I just haven't heard much from anyone regarding Round 1....

I'll be getting off work at 10 PM(GMT -4), for the next little while, and am usually available for a good 4 hours after that each day. I can't guarantee any free time before work so that's pretty much my timeframe.

I won't be available on Friday and Saturday this week.

I'm available today from now for the next 5-6 hours, and tomorrow around the same time. I'm available for pretty much the whole day on Thursday.

So, its been 4 days and Richard and I haven't been able to battle anyone from Group 2. I've been thinking; since we can't seem to run into a point where everyone is online at the same time, perhaps everyone (and I mean everyone; haven't been many people from Group 2 posting here in a while) should post when they're available in the coming days and let Alfred or someone decide when matches should be held based on availability so we have a specific time in the day that the interested parties should be making themselves available for. And battles don't usually take very long either (certainly no more than half an hour at most), so people should hopefully be able to spare 20-30 minutes during a time when both teams are online, timezone permitting.

I dunno, thoughts? I just haven't heard much from anyone regarding Round 1....

It'd be veeery complicated, but I could do that if everyone posts about his availability.

I still think that the best way to do this is to send PMs to the other members and try to get online together when possible. Serenes also allows for multiple PMs (meaning you can add up to 3 people to the private discussion) which is quite handy in this kind of situations.

The only times me and Safyrya can be online at the same time are

- today until midnight (or 1am in extreme case)

- on Thursday 9pm to midnight. Also possible to to do battle in the morning around 7-8 am in very extreme case, though I have no idea if that even helps anyone.

Sadly those are the only times that work for both of us.

For the record those times are UK + 2 hours (= Italy -1 hour = New York -7 hours)

EDIT: those are until Thursday and don't include Friday or weekend

Edited by Sylphid

I'm available nearly all the time, from at least 12 PM to 5 AM EST lately, although I can't say the same for Kitty. Today is the last day he knows for sure that he has wi-fi, for the next four days, so we might be forced to drop out unless I can find another partner. :/

Finals are coming for me, so I'm going to barely be available at all...

If someone wants to take my place I'd give him everything I've trained for the tourney in return... (Pretty good ivs if I do say so myself)

You guys could probably get this done a bit more easily by doing regular double battles: have the pairs decide among themselves a single representative for each round-robin match. In the week since the round started, you've collectively completed one of twenty round-robin matches; unless you do something soon, people will likely forget about the tournament entirely.

Okay, so Safyrya had to drop out of the tournament, so unless someone wants to join the tournament as my partner, I'll also have to drop out =/

You guys could probably get this done a bit more easily by doing regular double battles: have the pairs decide among themselves a single representative for each round-robin match. In the week since the round started, you've collectively completed one of twenty round-robin matches; unless you do something soon, people will likely forget about the tournament entirely.

Then it wouldn't be a multi battle tournament though.

I wasn't even aware that Ether was dropping out?

I could possibly step in, although I'd probably need a bit of help getting a doubles team going quickly.

Well, Safyrya traded me the pokemon he had prepared, so if you're okay using a team someone else planned (at least as a base), that shouldn't be a problem?

Edited by Sylphid