1st Serenes' Pokémon X/Y Tournament (Multi Battle) - New poll!

Alfred Kamon

Opinions?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. This tournament isn't working-- what should we do?

• Scrap it completely and make new ones.
    • Put this on hiatus and make new tournaments in the meantime.
    • Wait till this tournament finishes.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I kinda did not understand how the time stuff works >_>

Either way, I am basically alvailable almost everyday, but I might go out from 5 AM - 4 - 5 PM depending on the traffic during weekdays, and gone from afternoon during weekends. I'm at +7(Indo)

So, I kinda did not understand how the time stuff works >_>

Either way, I am basically alvailable almost everyday, but I might go out from 5 AM - 4 - 5 PM depending on the traffic during weekdays, and gone from afternoon during weekends. I'm at +7(Indo)

So, subtract out seven hours, and you get 10 PM - 10 AMish GMT + 0. . .which is close to bedtime. ;/

Edited by eclipse

Speaking from experience, we usually manage to hold up a discussion during 11 AM - 1/2 PM in Indonesia

As a bonus,I've been actually getting plenty of sleep lately so I might not be able to play the game like what I did against Shuuda back then(which was around 1 AM)

I think Kitty and I are available from 2PM to 12 AM today and tomorrow, and we'll only be here until 3PM on Friday. In GMT +0, that's 7PM to 5AM and around 7PM-8PM on Friday.

Some people might prepare their team with them in mind. Banning them right now would be an unfair advantage

Other than that, Doubles Mega Gengar and Kang is good, but not as broken as Singles IMHO. Even things like Chomp, Blaze, and Excadrill did not dominate half as much as they did in singles according to the last year VGC(Blaze is non existent, Chomp is a solid miss abuser, while Excadrill is not that special)

In a more.... hilarious note Numel might actually more overpowered than Mega Gengar, and I'm not even joking

Edited by JSND

To be fair, Swizzle has everything going against it with Slow Tyranitar, Crescellia kind of, and Thundurus-I being extremely common. Its still a solid team because Kingdra in Rain is the best Dragon in VGC lol

i mean, it's just not as dominating. tyranitar doesn't like switching into rain teams, but you're correct that thundurus-I especially kills rain teams because of thunder wave. trick room (especially hail + trick room) also turns the speed advantage around.

I think in a meta that rarely switches in, a Slow Tar Lead would REALLY fuck with Rain, since Ttar is guaranteed to get Sand up.

Rain rarely runs slow build(if ever because of Kingdra) so a Ttar + Crescellia basically screws their entire plan

And on a more hilarious note, Sun in Gen 6 gets such a massive buff since MegaZard Y counters Slowtar in term of having their weather up

Edited by JSND

Meh, this tournament isn't working at all. We should face the fact that getting 4 people online at once is... complicated, to put it mildly.

Despite the time table has been published one week ago, have people actually tried to get in contact and have the matches?
I don't think so.

This is going to last forever if we keep it like this; while the original idea was to have a tournament every month, if possible.

What do you guys say? Should we scrap it? And make a Pokébank tournament, as long as the hype for that lasts?

And maybe make a better organized Multi Battle tournament in the future, with chosen pairs from, possibly, the same / a similar time zone?

Just asking.

Also, Merry Christmas!

Meh, this tournament isn't working at all. We should face the fact that getting 4 people online at once is... complicated, to put it mildly.

Despite the time table has been published one week ago, have people actually tried to get in contact and have the matches?

I don't think so.

This is going to last forever if we keep it like this; while the original idea was to have a tournament every month, if possible.

What do you guys say? Should we scrap it? And make a Pokébank tournament, as long as the hype for that lasts?

And maybe make a better organized Multi Battle tournament in the future, with chosen pairs from, possibly, the same / a similar time zone?

Just asking.

Also, Merry Christmas!

It's not really my place to talk because I wasn't part of this tournament, but unless something came up I would be down for a Pokebank tournament.

As much as I want to use the pokemon I raised...I guess it is pretty hard to have a fullscale multibattle tournament. I still want to have one in the future though; for some reason I feel more comfortable in multi-battles than in other types.

But does this mean the tournament is officially off? I've been craving a multi-battle forever, and I want to use my pokemon regardless of whether we're having the tournament or not, especially if its gonna be scrapped.

If people actually care about the teams / couples that were made in this tournament, we could consider this on hiatus and propose it again in the future.

But we should probably make new tournaments as of now, or we'd get stuck on this forever at this point.

I'm making a new poll on the matter.

So I've had this tournament idea for awhile, and I figured this was probably the best place to post it. Even though Pokemon Bank isn't fully out everywhere, it's still possible to get every Pokemon, so I'll say it here.

Basically, with six generations of Pokemon, it's possible to build a team with exactly one Pokemon from each generation. If we wanted to have a different kind of tournament, we could set a rule like this, something like "Each Pokemon on your team must be from a different generation of Pokemon." This could make team building interesting in a competitive tournament. If we wanted to make it more casual, everyone could pick their favorite Pokemon from each gen and build that as their team (although some "favorites" teams would probably include more OUs and Ubers than others). We could even allow a "max 1 Uber per team" if enough people say that an Uber is their favorite Pokemon from a certain gen." This will probably have to wait until Pokemon Bank is fully out everywhere so everyone can have easier access to Pokebank Pokemon, especially the legendaries.

What do y'all think?

^ Yes, yes,YES!!! Definitely! And its not just because I already have a team like that ready (1 from each Gen).

The main reason I really like this idea is so that we can have more creativity when it comes to making a team. Well, I'm sure we could all have an Uber and every other pokemon be OU, but what fun would that be? I know in my own team I have about maybe 2 OUs and the rest in lower tiers; that's the kind of differentiation I want to see if we do this. Basically, while its inherently going to be "competitive" since its a tournament, it'd also be more "casual" in a way since hopefully people would want to try using their favorites from each gen that aren't necessarily overused or overpowered and try fitting them onto a team for once.

So yeah, I'm all for it! It'd be a perfect way to usher in the New Year and honor the 6 generations of Pokemon we have now.

I still hope we'll be able to finish the Multi-Battle Tournament someday...

So I've had this tournament idea for awhile, and I figured this was probably the best place to post it. Even though Pokemon Bank isn't fully out everywhere, it's still possible to get every Pokemon, so I'll say it here.

Basically, with six generations of Pokemon, it's possible to build a team with exactly one Pokemon from each generation. If we wanted to have a different kind of tournament, we could set a rule like this, something like "Each Pokemon on your team must be from a different generation of Pokemon." This could make team building interesting in a competitive tournament. If we wanted to make it more casual, everyone could pick their favorite Pokemon from each gen and build that as their team (although some "favorites" teams would probably include more OUs and Ubers than others). We could even allow a "max 1 Uber per team" if enough people say that an Uber is their favorite Pokemon from a certain gen." This will probably have to wait until Pokemon Bank is fully out everywhere so everyone can have easier access to Pokebank Pokemon, especially the legendaries.

What do y'all think?

How would Mega Evolutions fit in?