Would it be possible to GBA-ize FE13?

Looking at the FE4A mug for the characters gave me this idea. Would it be possible to create FE13 with all the GBA mechanics? It would have GBA graphics and art, so Gregor/Inigo's Hero outfit would be like Dieck's in my sig, for example. I would also be all for changing classes like Dark Knight and Sorcerer back to their GBA names, Mage Knight and Druid respectively. It would also have Light magic, meaning the magic triangle would be back. War Monks would change to Bishops because of this (Imagine Libra). Donnel would become similar to Ross and Amelia and Ewan, he would just upgrade into Merc and Fighter, like the other trainees. Also, no buyable Nosferatus or Rescues, and no pair up. The rescue command would be used. What do you guys think of this idea? And is it possible to GBA-ize FE13?

Yes...but why would you want to do that?

EDIT You'd have to remove an awful amount of stuff to get it working with a worse interface and graphics.

Edited by Refa

It would be kind of cool if someone were to make a GBA remake with a slightly changed/improved story. That's really the only reason I could see it being a worthwhile project though since it would be a technical downgrade.

I see two possible futures for a project like this:

1. You downgrade everything and the experience suffers. Even if you were to use FXNA for the engine and not the GBA.

2. You get an immediate cease and desist letter from Nintendo and/or Intelligent Systems.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It'd be such a bitch to do, honestly. I'm amazed at how they took the FE4 project as far as they did, and turning Awakening into a GBA hack would be exponentially harder due to the technical differences (no skills, for one).

I'd rather somebody make the Archanea games in GBA-style, with actual supports to give some development to the characters.

I'd rather somebody make the Archanea games in GBA-style, with actual supports to give some development to the characters.

Someone missed FE12, as well as part of the fun with Archanea is building your own headcanon development with its characters based on the stuff you do end up getting

Someone missed FE12, as well as part of the fun with Archanea is building your own headcanon development with its characters based on the stuff you do end up getting

FE12's supports were a god damn farce.

I can totally agree with that second point being fun, but I don't want that kinda thing in my Ferr Ermblerm unless it involves who waifus who.

FE12's supports were a god damn farce.

I can totally agree with that second point being fun, but I don't want that kinda thing in my Ferr Ermblerm unless it involves who waifus who.

As someone who likes to write their own stories and worlds. I like headcanon outside of waifu wars.

Also I felt Fe12 did a decent enough job with supports. Not like it was Fe10's :P

Alao back on topic, just imagine trying to program pair up in Gba format

Edited by Jedi

Your best bet would be to use FE8 as a base since skills, a traversable world map, and branched promotions are already implemented but it'd still be a bitch and next to impossible if you want *everything* still available like marriages, children, sfx for speech etc

2. You get an immediate cease and desist letter from Nintendo and/or Intelligent Systems.

I highly doubt they care that much about hacks? Fire Emblem Forever is a fairly decent GBA remake of FE4 Gen 2 (with bits of FE5 thrown in) and they didn't get a cease and desist. Yeah FEF left out a bunch of stuff but the hypothesis the TC presents already involves no pair-up (and I'm guessing no reclassing as well).