Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (And past Yu-Gi-Oh! Series)

Anacybele

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was really good! I liked how the plot twisted and had Yami give in to the idea of using the Seal of Orichalcos against Yugi's wishes, only to lose the duel and Yugi's soul. Poor Yami though, he'd never been so upset before at all. He was on his knees crying after he woke from being unconscious.

I love Yu-Gi-Oh, even though it sure has it's flaws, like the ammount of bullshit in the first series ("My yellow golden chicken has a neat effect that I just made up now that screws you over!), cardgames on motorcycles and a school that exists to teach children how to play card games. I love some of the characters (the fifth season of the vanilla YGO only builds them further - gotta love Atem, Kaiba, Joey, Pegasus, Bakura, Yugi and Marik). I disliked the YGO GX anime but I liked the manga, as strangely as it seems. I've no interest in Zexal or 5D.

I also love the Orichalcos saga. It only loses to the Ancient Egypt saga, because of the goddamn character development and YUGI YOU'RE SO BADASS (not Yami/Atem)

Edited by Rapier

I like the Yu-Gi-Oh Anime but I love the Manga much much more, people other then Yugi and Jonouchi (Joey) do stuff and the main plotlines don't always use Duel Monsters, it was a huge vareity of things. Heck one arc is a D&D based deal, plus as I said before Anzu (Tea) and Honda (Tristian) actually do alot more. Just look at Death-T, Tea is the reason Yugi even makes it to duel Kaiba and before her the other 2 as well.

I like the Yu-Gi-Oh Anime but I love the Manga much much more, people other then Yugi and Jonouchi (Joey) do stuff and the main plotlines don't always use Duel Monsters, it was a huge vareity of things. Heck one arc is a D&D based deal, plus as I said before Anzu (Tea) and Honda (Tristian) actually do alot more. Just look at Death-T, Tea is the reason Yugi even makes it to duel Kaiba and before her the other 2 as well.

That YGO manga and the D&D Bakura trolling part were epic indeed. =P

That YGO manga and the D&D Bakura trolling part were epic indeed. =P

Yeah haha, I'm currently re-reading Yu-Gi-Oh when I can alongside something called The Ravages of Time (Which is really good)

When i was younger i always watched the yugioh dub to make fun of it, but now i really do like it, even if it is a bit silly.

btw, does ZEXAL stand for anything?

Not exactly. Zexal is the amazing power Yuma and Astral gain as their friendship grows stronger. It allows them to basically merge and give Yuma the ability to use Zexal weapon cards and the Shining Draw, which is generating the card he needs to draw. The Zexal weapon cards are basically powerful upgrades which Yuma and Astral like to equip to their ace monsters, most notably Number 39: Utopia (Numbers cards have a major role in this series). It also gives Yuma some really sweet looking armor. ^^

This is Yuma and Astral when merged into Zexal form, though it isn't full view:

ZEXAL_POWER.png

Yuma also has red leg armor, just to verify what's out of view.

It looks SO COOL! :D

If Yuma and Astral dueled Yugi and Yami in this form, I think the match would be a draw. Because between Yuma and Astral's Zexal powers and Yami's Pharaoh powers, both sides can manipulate their decks to draw the cards they'll need, resulting in back and forth pummeling until an eventual tie occurs.

Edited by Anacybele

The original was boss, GX was ass incarnate, 5Ds was aight, never watched Zexal.

I'm weird in that I loved the Orichalcos arc.

I think pretty much everyone liked Waking the Dragons.

Also none of those characters are actually main characters (according to Wikipedia anyways). Is a main female duelist whom I can fanboy over really so large an ask? :(:

Edited by BigBadMarshmallow

Yeah, a main female duelist would be nice (and truth be told, I mistook Yuma for a girl the first time I saw him, probably because of the pink in his hair), but the thing is Japanese believe guys are superior to girls. It's sad, really. But that's the way it is, so I just try to, well, feel the flow and go with it. ;)

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, it's really good! You should watch it. :)

Also, the latest English episode of Zexal. This is quite a bad situation for Yuma to be in. He's up against a Barian in a Sphere Field (Barians can use their full power inside these, as they created them), Astral is collapsed, and Ray, who's also dueling against the Barian, can't seem to duel for squat. Without Astral, going Zexal mode is out of the question, and Yuma's pretty much on his own. The sneak peek of the next episode hints at an interesting twist though. I sort of expected something like this, but not quite. I can't wait til next weekend. :D

But poor Astral, he tried to hang on as best as he could too... But these Sphere Fields were too much for him... They take a large toll on him and drain his strength. :(

Edited by Anacybele

I like Bakura, he's so british. And evil. Wait, those are synonyms, wasn't that redundant?

The Yu-Gi-Oh anime did those as well...You know, the anime based on those chapters of the manga. I'm pretty sure after that season, the manga focused just as much on cardgames as the anime did...

Also none of those characters are actually main characters (according to Wikipedia anyways). Is a main female duelist whom I can fanboy over really so large an ask? :(:

Yes.

If Yuma and Astral dueled Yugi and Yami in this form, I think the match would be a draw. Because between Yuma and Astral's Zexal powers and Yami's Pharaoh powers, both sides can manipulate their decks to draw the cards they'll need, resulting in back and forth pummeling until an eventual tie occurs.

CHEATERS

If Yugi can do that, he should buy another set of Exodia cards so he can win every match on Turn 1.

Edited by Refa

They don't use tricks to do it though, they use magic, basically. And it isn't Yugi that can do it, it's Yami, the spirit in his Millennium Puzzle. And besides, no matter how hard you try, you wouldn't find any evidence that they tampered with their decks beforehand. They use their powers when necessary DURING the duel. So it's not exactly cheating. lol

Also, 5D's has two main female duelists. Akiza and Luna. But the other series, they don't really have any. I don't really care that much though.

Wasn't Jaden/Judai's special ability to literally topdeck any card he needed.

also I wish Konami would have more anime/manga characters use the archetypes they come up with for booster packs. I wanted to see the Madolche and Bujin monsters in action. :L

No, Jaden's ability was talking to duel spirits. He's not the only character that can do this though, not even in his series. Jesse also possessed this ability, as well as Luna from 5D's. However, out of the three, only Luna could actually visit the duel spirit world.

Oh and...

Jaden is also the reincarnation of an evil king that possessed terrible power and later becomes him because of a growing rage over his friends being endangered.

Edited by Anacybele

I love Yu-Gi-Oh, even though it sure has it's flaws, like the ammount of bullshit in the first series ("My yellow golden chicken has a neat effect that I just made up now that screws you over!), cardgames on motorcycles and a school that exists to teach children how to play card games. I love some of the characters (the fifth season of the vanilla YGO only builds them further - gotta love Atem, Kaiba, Joey, Pegasus, Bakura, Yugi and Marik). I disliked the YGO GX anime but I liked the manga, as strangely as it seems. I've no interest in Zexal or 5D.

I also love the Orichalcos saga. It only loses to the Ancient Egypt saga, because of the goddamn character development and YUGI YOU'RE SO BADASS (not Yami/Atem)

The GX manga was far superior to the anime and it had better heroes (the Omni heroes as they are called, Absolute Zero and the others).

Gx had the best designs in my opinion as E Hero Plasma Vice was awesome and all the Heroes were just great.

Edited by YoungXehanort

Zexal looks so awful it's amazing. Yuma looks like the biggest dork ever, and that's not to say Yugi looked any better comparatively given that he had the wackiest hair ever, but somehow Yugi/Yami had this air of maturity so to speak that let them pull it off. Yuma just seems like he's a brat. Which is annoying.

But yes, I have a big fondness for the original series and a bit of a soft spot for GX (slightly less so for 5D's but I can appreciate someone else taking a liking to it). Bakura was a boss, and (after watching YGOTAS) I find Kaiba to be a boss as well. Which he technically would be anyway, given that he's the CEO of Kaiba Corp. Which is pretty stellar in it's own right.

Huh, I don't think Yuma looks like a dork. But character-wise, he's quite the opposite, actually. He's optimistic, cheerful, and really energetic. He takes on any challenge that comes his way and if he's knocked down, he gets right back up! I love this about him, whenever he gets pumped up like that, I get pumped up too and it feels awesome! He also couldn't care less about schoolwork, he'd rather duel!

Edited by Anacybele

I'm pretty sure all of the Yu-Gi-Oh protagonists are high school dropouts, even Kaiba although that's probably because he skipped high school and went straight into making wads of bux.

Actually, Yuma is in middle school. He states it himself at some point. :P

I think Yusei is 18ish. But Jaden and Yugi are definitely high school age. In fact, Yugi's age was confirmed to be 16.

Edited by Anacybele