gay thread

Esme

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a shit about Wikipedia, I've been to NYC 4,000 times and I've been to northern and southern CA (your doodoo state) a bunch of times and everyone sounds the same. Everyone sounds the same in the MW too. The south is the only place with sort of a distinct accent. Most of the USA just sounds the same. Just because a region says like 4 words differently people say it's an entire accent.

Edited by Inui

It a discernible difference in vocalization. Everywhere doesn't sound the same at all, there are several distinct differences in the English language depending on where you are geographically and the ethnic makeup of your surroundings. I'm sorry that you didn't notice any difference but it's a real thing.

I guess you could argue that places are becoming more homogenized with the increasing availability of internet and mass media, which instills a conformity in a growing speaker. But different accents are very much alive and will continue to be in the future.

It a discernible difference in vocalization. Everywhere doesn't sound the same at all, there are several distinct differences in the English language depending on where you are geographically and the ethnic makeup of your surroundings. I'm sorry that you didn't notice any difference but it's a real thing.

I guess you could argue that places are becoming more homogenized with the increasing availability of internet and mass media, which instills a conformity in a growing speaker. But different accents are very much alive and will continue to be in the future.

why don't you go somewhere besides SoCal and tell me what people sound like

like actually listen for differences instead of just hearing intentional exaggerations on TV or whatever

people in SoCal don't sound noticeably different from the people I encounter in NYC

I have been to New York multiple times. I used to head out to Maryland as a kid for summer breaks, and we'd head north and south to check out various local points of interest for fun.

I haven't been backpacking across the country or anything, but it's not like my exposure to the outside world is through a television screen. I'm socially retarded but even I talk to people Inui. -.-

I have been to New York multiple times. I used to head out to Maryland as a kid for summer breaks, and we'd head north and south to check out various local points of interest for fun.

I haven't been backpacking across the country or anything, but it's not like my exposure to the outside world is through a television screen. I'm socially retarded but even I talk to people Inui. -.-

coulda fooled me with how private and reclusive you seem to be and that's not my fault lol

NYC? Do you have a weird accent having grown up there? Like when you say morning, does it sound like "mawning"?

Nope I say it like "mournin' "

wtf there is no NYC accent

Not only is there "an" NYC accent, there are several NYC accents. :/: Edited by Brendor the Hungry