QUESTION!

Liz

how many units can you take to endgame?

and which units are forced?

i need to know now before i make a huge mistake! i'ma forging weapons!

Edited by Psyche Ridell Crimea

Considering you have a well balanced team that can use a variety of weapons, you don't need to forge. The only way a forged weapon will be better than a SS weapon is if you get a +3 in attack from a coin. Also, you don't have to worry about the weapon durability of your best weapon in the last three Endgame chapters. Otherwise, you don't need forged items, or any other weapons unless you want extra durability to pass through the first two endgame chapters. After you pass those two, just get your character the best weapon and let er rip. Maybe get some ranged weapons in case...

Wait, haven't you beaten this game before?

Bringing Laguz Kings will help reduce the need for forged weapons. Caineghis and Tibarn particuarly are great deals. The dragons may disappoint you, but their skills will help your other people. Ena's Boon skill is a Boon. Kurthnaga's Night Tide is a nice deal, too. Nasir's White Tide can make some people double Ashera, who is one tough cookie. Gareth, like Ena has Blood Tide, which is a good attack bonus. Gareth has low resistance, though, which is a shame, since all the enemies in the parts you use him in use magic.

As far as skills, Nihil is basically the best skill around. It will prevent you from getting hit by the bosses' special attacks and gives you an easier time fighting Ashera's protective auras.

Considering you have a well balanced team that can use a variety of weapons, you don't need to forge. The only way a forged weapon will be better than a SS weapon is if you get a +3 in attack from a coin. Also, you don't have to worry about the weapon durability of your best weapon in the last three Endgame chapters. Otherwise, you don't need forged items, or any other weapons unless you want extra durability to pass through the first two endgame chapters. After you pass those two, just get your character the best weapon and let er rip. Maybe get some ranged weapons in case...

Wait, haven't you beaten this game before?

yeah, but i couldn't remember how many i can take to endgame....

how is this for my endgame team?

Ike Ragnell

Micaiah Rexaura

Sothe Baselard

Sanaki Cymbeline or Rexflame *I'm currently EXP aboosing of her to raise her strength*

Kurthnaga Meh

Ena Meh

Leanne Meh

Mia Vague Katti or Storm Sword

Boyd Urvan

Jill Forged Axe *Wormtongue*

Elincia Amiti

Mist Alondite

Kieran Forged Axe *Nyx*

Soren Rexcalibur

Nephenee Forged Lance *Sonority*

Marcia Wishblade

Naesala Meh *i am taking him just to get the A support with Leanne*

and i want to forge weapons! its fun!

yeah, but i couldn't remember how many i can take to endgame....

how is this for my endgame team?

Ike Ragnell

Micaiah Rexaura

Sothe Baselard

Sanaki Cymbeline or Rexflame *I'm currently EXP aboosing of her to raise her strength*

Kurthnaga Meh

Ena Meh

Leanne Meh

Mia Vague Katti or Storm Sword

Boyd Urvan

Jill Forged Axe *Wormtongue*

Elincia Amiti

Mist Alondite

Kieran Forged Axe *Nyx*

Soren Rexcalibur

Nephenee Forged Lance *Sonority*

Marcia Wishblade

Naesala Meh

and i want to forge weapons! its fun!

Reyson would probably be a better choice than Leanne. Caineghis or Tibarn might perform better than Naesala. Otherwise, it's all fine if you're doing Easy Mode. You'll definately need somebody to have Fortify, especially for the Ashera fight.

Reyson would probably be a better choice than Leanne. Caineghis or Tibarn might perform better than Naesala. Otherwise, it's all fine if you're doing Easy Mode. You'll definately need somebody to have Fortify, especially for the Ashera fight.

i'm taking Leanne because I already aboosed of her and she's at level 40 now....

I am just taking Naesala for the A support with Leanne. I'm not a real big fan of laguz, even if they're royals. otherwise, i would take Tibarn!

i was seriously considering taking Haar along too.... ran out of room!

and this is normal mode BTW.

I'd put Wishblade on Nephenee. Otherwise, fine.

hmm.... true that, but i was taking into account that my Marcia is a bit low on defense, so i was hoping that it would help her avoid getting damaged. Nephenee has higher defense, so i thought to use her more of a front-liner....

what do you think? should i still change their weapons?

I would say that Nephenee should get the Wishblade due to the fact that Marcia has Canto,so she can position herself better,where Nephenee can use Wishblade's extra avoid to help wherever she ends up.

Also,I would give the Urvan to Jill or Kieran to compensate for Their lower Str than Boyd.

Edited by Ethereal Hero

I would say that Nephenee should get the Wishblade due to the fact that Marcia has Canto,so she can position herself better,where Nephenee can use Wishblade's extra avoid to help wherever she ends up.

Also,I would give the Urvan to Jill or Kieran to compensate for Their lower Str than Boyd.

yeah, i was thinking about giving Urvan to Jill....

but giving Jill a pink axe makes her look wicked awesome! :P

and i managed to get the 3 Mt on Wormtongue silver axe with the dual swords card thing, so they are equal in everything except the bonus resistance which Boyd needs more, anyways.....

i think i'll trade Marcia and Nephenee's weapons....

I always give Jill Urvan. When I'm not doing a themed runthrough.

My Logic behind this: We killed her father, the least we can do is give her our father's signature weapon.

Doesn't she end up joining the enemy's side if you attack her father? You may have been playing easy mode, where she wouldn't switch sides even if you attacked him.

Nope normal with Mist B support.

Doesn't she end up joining the enemy's side if you attack her father? You may have been playing easy mode, where she wouldn't switch sides even if you attacked him.

nope. I proved that theory wrong

Sorry, I don't feel like playing through the game to check it ^^;;;

However there have been multiple reports of Jill betraying the enemy, so I don't think it's fake. Maybe the requirements are wrong or something...?

Plus there's the fact that Jill's betrayal conversation exists in the game script. There are actually four versions of her convo with Shiharam: her joining the enemy or not + her speaking to Shiharam or the other way round. If that helps in any way.

I don't think he's exactly sure either. Also, I know it's possible, I'm just wondering what the specific requirements are.