Your 10 favorite video game characters Redux

Jedi

Ok folks! Remember when I first joined and made a top 10 for favorite video game characters?

My list has actually changed since then! For the newcomers since that time and people who posted their lists before why not do it again. So LET'S GO

#1 Sonic The Hedgehog [Origin: Where do you think?]

sonic_the_hedgehog_icon_by_otakuwow-d5wv

Been playing his games (along with Mario's) since I was 3 years old. The blue blur still holds my loyalty to this day lots of fun games. His attitude and image songs always pump me up, he is the 90's personified and its awesome. Also looking forward to getting Lost World and playing as him in Smash 4

#2 Zero [Origin: Megaman X]

1184.jpg

Zero the Maverick hunting badass, with his saber and long hair how could I not like him? His growth and origins through the X series are great and his own series just continues to show why we care about him, tragic event after tragic event haunt him but he remains strong throughout and is not afraid to sacrifice himself for the greater good or his friends.

#3 Aerith [Origin: Final Fantasy 7]

aerith-gainsborough-129.jpg

Aerith the innocent flower girl of the slums of midgar. She has remained one of my top favorite characters in gaming history due to both her personality and attitude and her willingness to help others, espcially Cloud even when he was in his worst states [although Tifa was the one who broke him out of the funk at last] She even helps the group mulitple times after her

death

She just has the best interests of everyone yet has a very spunky and playful attitude. I still want art of her in SOLDIER Gear if anyone wants to draw that hahaha

#4 Ichiro Ogami [Origin: Sakura Wars]

97354.jpg

Captain of an all girls fighting squad who pilots Steam Mechas is no easy task and poor Ichiro has to deal with it. But he manages it with his sense of duty and justice with some awkwardness spread around.

He is basically me as a video game character as Breezy and Integrity have pointed out both positively and negatively

#5 Luke Fon Fabre [Origin: Tales of the Abyss]

luke-fon-fabre-985.jpg

Luke is another case of "Character who is like me" but its even deeper then Ichiro's. Luke's original snotty attitude is honestly what I somewhat was like as a kid and its a bit jarring but his development and atonement also remind me of my teenage years and how I developed into who I am now

I suppose that was a bit more personal then expected but hey. Luke is a great character and is a great role model to those who wish to better themselves even after errors. Not to mention his cool swordsmanship abillities and his love for Tear [LukexTear for life]

#6 Richter Belmont [Origin: Castlevania Rondo of Blood]

richter-belmont-271.jpg

The all symphony badass, Richter knows how to do his job as a vampire hunter and do it well. Often being called the strongest of the Belmont clan and its obvious why with his extremely acrobatic abillities and mastery of the whip, not to mention his devotion to good despite being able to be manipulated and have to be saved by the combined efforts of Maria and Alucard

#7 Cecil Harvey [Origin: Final Fantasy 4]

cecil-harvey-139.jpg

[ugh I hate the lipstick on his arrrrt]

Anyways Cecil is one of my favorite protagonists in a game as well, his atonement and caring for his friends and his lover Rosa in any situation before himself always made me want to be more like him. A paladin of virtue although he isn't the smartest crayon in the box [ask Golbez] He shines like a beacon of light to those in need.

#8 Alys Brangwin [Origin: Phantasy Star 4]

alys.jpg

Alys is just awesome, she can kick ass and take names with her amazing boomerang skills and she knows how to do her job and being downright intimidating yet very kind and motherly when she needs to be around the young and inexperienced Chaz

#9 Matthew [Origin: Fire Emblem]

Fire_Emblem___Matthew_by_tamagawan.png

Matthew is another super favorite, he is cheery and kind. Yet takes his spy work seriously. His supports in Fire Emblem Blazing Sword are also some of the most heart wrenching and best written in the francise and I never miss a chance to use him despite his late promotion. [Poor Leila...]

#10 Magnus Gallant [Origin: Ogre Battle 64 Person of a Lordly Calibur]

521172-magnus.gif

Magnus doesn't have it easy. He gets positioned in one of the weakest divisions in the kingdom and finds out just how unjust the kingdom is, he is distant from his father and super loyal to Prince Yumil his best friend yet they have different goals. Magnus doesn't have easy choices ahead as leader of the Blue Knights he struggles and loses much of what he loves just so the people in the kingdom have better lives.

Edited by Jedi Ogami

Actually, my list has changed a little too! But not a lot, truth be told.

1. Ike (Fire Emblem), Luigi (Super Mario)

Yeah, I have a tie for the number one spot. Luigi was my favorite growing up, and then I found Ike when I first played Brawl and FE. I just loved him so much that I had to have him share number 1 with Luigi! I find Luigi's character to be really entertaining and I like his playstyle more than Mario's. And green is cooler than red, imo. :P As for Ike, I just love everything about this guy! His character, his design, his awesome sword skills, etc. And he's freaking sexy. x3

2. Frederick, Kieran (both Fire Emblem)

Okay, another tie, but the last one, I promise. xP I usually favor cavalier knights in FE, and these two are my top favorites ever. I love them both for similar reasons too, coincidentally. XD Their personalities both make me laugh repeatedly, they have a hilarious relationship with another character (Frederick with Chrom and Kieran with Oscar), and they're both totally hot. :3 But everyone here knows why I love certain FE characters, so I'll leave it at that. lol

3. Ezlo (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)

Gods, I never get tired of this guy! He's so effing hilarious! XD On top of that, Ezlo has a backstory that makes you feel bad for him. He blames himself for what happened in Hyrule, but it really isn't entirely his fault. You really feel for him. I also was sad to see him leave in the game's ending. :(

4. Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)

My favorite Zelda villain, definitely! Vaati is just badass, he wears purple, he has awesome theme songs, and his different forms are just epic. Unlike Ganondorf, who turns into a stupid pig. Vaati becomes a tall sorcerer, and then a flying eyeball monster. Way more evil and badass! I really want to see him in a game again. :(

5. Daisy (Super Mario)

Daisy is a case of "character that is like me" here. She's tomboyish, loud, and full of energy, just like me! And I love that. And she likes flowers, which I do also. ^^ I also think she is WAY cuter than Peach. She needs to be in a mainstream game again already!

6. Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)

I don't usually like guys like Ghirahim, but he's just amazing. lol His attitude is entertaining and he actually has a pretty neat design for a feminine-looking dude. He's also fairly challenging, which I like. It's actually quite fitting that I like him, because I don't like Ganondorf at all and Ghirahim is supposed to be a sort of opposite to him.

7. Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)

Another FE cavalier knight that I totally adore! He's pretty close behind Frederick and Kieran though. Sain's a bit of a scoundrel at times, but he can actually be really charming and he's quite a hard worker. He's also much more serious than he lets on. But otherwise, he's freaking funny and entertaining! Just plain lovable! He's also a guy I find to be a hottie. ;D

8. Mr. L (Super Paper Mario)

This guy is freaking awesome lol. Not simply because he's really Luigi brainwashed either. Mr. L is badass and he's got such an ego that it's entertaining. XD He actually belittles Count Bleck's other minions and even Count Bleck himself! And I also found him to be the only challenging fight in the game so far. That Brobot is a pain. xP Oh, also, Mr L's famous phrase, "HAVE AT YOU!" :D

9. Link (The Legend of Zelda)

More specifically Toon Link and Skyward Sword Link. Imo, they have the most character out of all the Links. And Toon Link is just plain adorable sometimes! I also really like Ocarina of Time Adult Link because he's kinda badass and imo, the hottest Link. :3

10. Keldeo (Pokemon)

My favorite Pokemon! I love horses and other equines, so of course I love Keldeo along with Rapidash and Zebstrika (and their pre-evolved forms). Keldeo is just my favorite of the three. He's so cute AND he looks like a pony! I usually don't like Water types either, but Keldeo is an exception. I also love his Resolute form and that he can actually FLY using his hoof water jets! That's freaking cool!

1st. Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)

RoxasKeyblade.jpg

Roxas has always been my favorite KH character since I played Days (My 2nd KH game), he has an amazing theme, and everything that happens to him just makes you like him (Along with those awesome Keyblades).

2nd. Xehanort (Every Incarnation) (Kingdom Hearts)

233px-Master_Xehanort_KHBBS.png

Xehanort was always the perfect villain in my opinion, everything was done right with him. His voice actor is amazing (Leonard Nimoy can do no wrong and Benjamin Diskin did great with YX), who does a great job with Xehanort. His boss fights and theme always amplified the battle and everything going on (For all forms). He does anything to accomplish his goal to obtain Kingdm Hearts and see the Keyblade War and it always ends with an even better Xehanort.

3rd. Link (Legend of Zelda)

Super_Smash_Bros_Link_01.jpg

I have nothing to say here.

4th. Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Shulk.png

Xenoblade was a Godlike game (See what I did there) and Shulk was the Godlike protagonist.

5th. Igor (Persona)

igor_persona_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

6th. Isaac and Matthew (Golden Sun)

7th. Olimar and Alph (Pikmin)

8th. Ness (Earthbound)

9th. Artur and Garcia (FE8)

10th. If a Pokemon counts then Gardevoir and Gallade if not then Silver and Steven (Pokemon)

I really dunno lol

1. Sanae Kochiya/Sakuya Izayoi/Alice Margatroid. All three from Touhou Project.

2. Luigi. From Super Mario Bros.

3. Miles Edgeworth. From Ace Attorney.

4. Link. Specifically The Wind Waker Link. From The Legend of Zelda.

5. Rydia. From Final Fantasy IV.

6. Cecil Harvey. From Final Fantasy IV.

7. Shinx's evolutionary line. From Pokemon. (they count dammit)

8. Ema Skye. From Ace Attorney.

9. Nanami Chiaki. From Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

10. Popo and Nana. From Ice Climbers.

I couldn't decide.

number. Guy [Game I liked them best in]

Also I only counted guys originating in video games otherwise Batman/ Captain America/ etc would be on here.

1. Big Boss [Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater]

2. Liquid Snake [Metal Gear Solid]

3. Solid Snake [Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots]

4. Rawk Hawk [Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door]

5. Red [Pokemon RBY]

6. Captain Falcon [super Smash Bros. Melee]

7. Ness [Earthbound]

8. Balthier [FFXII]

9. Revolver Ocelot [Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots]

10. Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia]

1. Rance (Sengoku Rance)

2. Retia Adolf (Daiteikoku)

3. Yuela (Kamidori Alchemy Meister)

4. Nanashi (Duel Savior Justice)

5. Aselia (Aselia the Eternal)

6. Kohaku/Magical Amber (Battle Moon Wars)

7. Adol (Ys)

8. Xiaomu (Namco X Capcom)

9. Strider Hiryu (Strider)

10. Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Wars)

Other than Rance at 1, other characters not in any particular order. Really hard to decide on top 10 when I like multiple characters in some games.

1.) Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)

2.) Lakitu (Super Mario Bros.)

3.) Maribel (Dragon Quest VII)

4.) Tir McDohl (Suikoden)

5.) Kara (Illusion of Gaia)

6.) Freya (Valkyrie Profile)

7.) Rulue (Puyo Puyo)

8.) Dogi (Ys)

9.) Anise (Tales of the Abyss)

10.) Dai Goroh (F-Zero)

1) Thor (Yes, he's primarily a comic book character. But considering Marvel Heroes and MvC3 and Lego Marvel exists, he counts)

2) Loki (See above minus MvC3)

also 2) Sif (Hey, she's an NPC in MH, totally counts)

4) Ezio Auditore (AC2/Bro/Rev)

5) Claudia Auditore (AC2/Bro)

6) Leonardo Da Vinci (AC2/Bro)

7) Ayra (FE4)

8) Altair ibn La'ahad (AC1)

9) Yusuf Tazim (AC Rev)

10) Tony Stark (see Thor)

I hate ubisoft

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 - Revolver Ocelot (MGS series) - A man who fools everyone and uses the most stylish handgun in history! What's not to love?

2 - GlaDOS (Portal) - I really wanted her to win in Portal 1, I guess that makes me a bad person!

3 - Cutman (Megaman) - His weapon is amazing... plus he was a bro in the cartoon!

4 - Liquid Snake (MGS series) - An egomaniac and British sounding... so good!

5 - Tingle (LoZ) - I'd never thought a 35-year old man in a spandex body suit would make me smile so much.

6 - Zoda (F-Zero) - Again, mostly bolstered by the anime, but his vehicle was so fun to drive.

7 - King DeDeDe (Kirby) - More anime inspired approval, but I always found his schemes childishly evil.

8 - Blue (Pokemon) - More egomania, I sense a theme.

9 - Biraku (Fire Emblem) - In all fairness, all of it was yaranaika.

10 - Skull Kid (Majora's Mask) - Another egotistical maniac. I admit nothing!

Part 1

Part 2

With some other stuff under my belt, here goes~!

1. Tenebrae (Tales of Symphonia 2) - My feelings haven't changed.

2. DJ Sakura (Beatmania IIDX) - Still can't be stopped by minor things such as death.

3. Weiss (NieR) - If you can make it through the entire game without so much as giggling at his comments, you have no sense of humor.

4. Emil (NieR) - Unlike the Tales of Symphonia 2 one, he does not suck. I'll stop listing characters from this game, lest I run out of room for everyone else.

5. Rowen (Tales of Xillia) - He looks like he belongs in Suikoden V, and he's the first Tales mage that I liked playing as.

6. Savina (Baten Kaitos) - All I want for Christmas is another Baten Kaitos. :P:

7. Jeorge (FE12) - MIDIA, YOU CHOSE THE WRONG DOOD!

8. Nietzsche (Yggdra Union) - So she can't tell the difference between voila and viola. Her attitude still rocks.

9. Agate (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) - He's here because he's a redheaded nuke.

10. Cal-Vina (Record of Agarest War: Zero) - Of the four dudes in the party, he's the right combination of sane (relatively speaking) and good-looking.

1. Auron ( FFX )

2. Lezard Valeth ( Valkyrie Profile )

3. Arngrim ( Valkyrie Profile )

4. Captain Falcon ( F-Zero )

5. Toal Fact ( Ys )

6. Fox Mcloud ( Starfox )

7. L'Arachel ( Fire Emblem )

8. Palmer ( Pokemon )

9. Terra ( FF6 )

10. Zelda/Sheik ( I prefer the Zelda from Twilight Princess, at least she isn't helpless in this game )

Jedi, I like how you spoilered Aerith's death when it's on the level of Darth Vader's true son yet didn't do the same for Leila. :p

Anyways, time to pull out the Backloggery! Also copying Rein's structure, with the addition of comments.

1. Delita Heiral [Final Fantasy Tactics]- In the end, everything went according to plan. Well, almost everything....

2. Alucard Vlad Tepes [Castlevania- Symphony Of The Night]- I just appreciate how he can kick ass in 50,000 different ways, all whilst looking fabulous.

3. Mega Man [Mega Man 2]- He's the hero we need and deserve.

4. Neku Sakuraba [The World Ends With You]- I really appreciate his character arc, plus he has some of the most quotable lines.

5. Ramza Beoulve [Final Fantasy Tactics]- Because nothing happens without him, and what a main character is he.

6. Tir McDohl [suikoden]- Despite getting no dialogue, he's still more interesting than the majority of JRPG characters. THAT SOUL EATER.

7. Red [Pokemon Silver]- The final frontier. This was the most epic thing ever when I was younger.

8. Blue [Pokemon Red]- My rival's got to be tough to keep me strong, you dig? He's my favorite Gym Leader too. And his rage helps me sleep at night.

9. Ness [EarthBound]- The perfect silent protagonist! Not counting the two that are above him!

10.Quote [Cave Story]- There's just something about the bugger that I love. Maybe it's all of those weapons.

Edited by Refa

1) Celice Baldos Chalphy (Fire Emblem; whole name for emphasis)

2) Masaki Andou (Super Robot Taisen; Cosmo Nova is terribly awesome)

3) Ike (Fire Emblem; nuff said)

4) Zhao Yun (Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Warriors, see that DW 5 op)

5) Tohno Akiha (Tsukihime; My Lady...)

6) Tsuzuriko Yosomiya (Kara no Shoujo; Why, you damn game, WHY!?)

7) Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star 4, Jedi, I see your Alys and raise you one Rune)

8) Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza series; I could write an essay on how awesome he is)

9) Ayra (Fire Emblem; my favorite princess in the series, Lakche can work, also)

10) Landius (Langrisser 4, my favorite protagonist in the series, next is Elwin)

There'd be metric ton of honorable mentions though...

1. Auron from FFX. Eat your heart out, Cloud.

2. Kain from FFIV. Dat scripted OHKO against Cecil. *w*

3. Ledah from Riviera: The Promised Land. This guy is what Sephiroth SHOULD have been.

4. Grimsley from Pokemon Gen 5. His lines of dialogue are quite poetic, I find.

5. Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts. SCYTHESSSS

6. Gabriel from Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2. It's just a flesh wound.

7. Bass from Megaman. This guy KNOWS he's a badass.

8. Echidna from FE6. GBA Hero. 'Nuff said.

9. Sue from FE6. Nomadic Troopers are pure win. Isn't that reason enough?

10. Flint from Mother 3. This guy is the JRPG character version of Chuck Norris.

Might change this in the future.

No order;

[spoiler=Ike]Ike.full.1104561.jpg

That image should tell enough. Boy grows up to become a man in his father's absence, makes tons of mistakes that are almost costly but he's lucky enough for them to turn out for the better, and definitely is not perfect considering the many who questioned his leadership early on.

[spoiler=Yuri Hyuga]sh2gameboxfrontpg7.jpg

The perfect mixture of brooding, sarcastic, and determined. Has had many highs and lows, and on top of all of this he's not "emo" like many portray others to be. He does a great job at hiding the fact that he's a step below suicidal, but you'd understand why he is the way he is if you play the game.

[spoiler=Nier]Nier-Is-an-Action-Role-Playing-Game.jpg

Will do whatever is in his power to save his daughter from a deathly illness and is the posterchild (lol) of one of the most beautiful games I've played in my lifetime. Has character development as he goes, from a determined father to a reckless man trying to take back all there is left in this world to take back, and I loved that shift in his personality between halves, showing that not all protagonists rise to the challenge and become better as a result.

[spoiler=Auron]2061022-wallpaper_final_fantasy_x_auron0

I think we all know this story, so I won't go too deep into it. I love how he was just the exposition throughout the entire game, and that nothing in FFX was really a twist because of him. And his speech before the Yunalesca battle really sold him incredibly well.

[spoiler=Naked Snake]NAKED%20SNAKE.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKGqNWKhxk

[spoiler=Senel Coolidge]tol-senel-coolidge2.jpg

It's no secret that I dislike most Tales characters, and I think their development is fake and forced. Senel's felt very natural through the course of the game, moving from single-minded devotion and actual selfishness (not like a spoiled rich guy, but he was definitely ready to backstab everyone in the party to make sure he could save Shirley) to actually assisting in the party's plans. No cheesy love story either, lots of unrequited love but he doesn't seem to have any romantic interests. Definitely had moments where he saw people in a much different light than they already were, so he was nowhere near a perfect judge of character either. But he wasn't boneheaded like most tales protagonists either.

[spoiler=Niko Bellic]Niko-Bellic.jpg

Nothing more than a mercenary in the eyes of many, a cynic that loves his cousin but believes everything he's in America for is futile, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the money he needs to support himself and his cousin. But he's also looking to revenge, adding layers to his motivations.

[spoiler=Tyranitar]Tyranitar.pngtyranitar-mega.jpg

My favorite Pokemon!

[spoiler=Nathan Graves]cotm-05.jpg

Most Castlevania protagonists aren't particularly known for their character development, and this dude's no exception to that. Is clearly smart, considering he's slower than just about every enemy in Circle of the Moon, but manages to kick their asses anyway, and you have to be smart if you want to kick ass without being able to physically dominate your enemies.

[spoiler=Squall Leonhart]Wal_VIII_08.jpg

I still believe Squall is justified in the way he acts, considering he isn't able to trust anyone because he has no memory of anyone who left him, which caused him to be this way. It's forced repression of what would later develop into trauma. It doesn't stop him into turning into an incredible leader. He just doesn't show any emotion on the job; most in the military would view that as a good thing.

Honorable Mention!

[spoiler=Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg Jennings]jenningsblog_story1.jpg

It was 42-20, Packers were up 22 with seconds - SECONDS! - remaining in the fourth quarter. Aaron Rodgers takes the snap in the shotgun in the endzone, fearing a safety. He rolls out, and finds an open receiver and who else but Greg Jennings! Except he has a broken leg! He proceeds to put da team on his back doe, in this come-from-ahead victory over the Saints.

As he progresses through the field, he notices he is being followed by none other than Darren Sharper, da hardest hitting safety in da leeague. But, he puts da team on his back doe and goes across the endzone, where the Packers score another touchdown to seal the game 49-20.

Don't ever tell a nigga that he can't put da team on his fuckin back doe, even if he has a broken leg. dawg

Edited by Lord Raven